Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want my money back if you add a cash shop

Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234

http://www.pcgamer.com/microtransactions-may-be-coming-to-diablo-3-in-non-american-regions/

If that happens, I simply want a refund full refund for all versions of the game I own. This is just ignorant, it's wrong.

Comments

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    You won't get a refund.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

As a single player game it doesn't really affect. you.

As a multi-player game I think they add clauses stating that they can change the experience at any time.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Stone_FountainStone_Fountain Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Originally posted by Righteous_Rock
    http://www.pcgamer.com/microtransactions-may-be-coming-to-diablo-3-in-non-american-regions/ If that happens, I simply want a refund full refund for all versions of the game I own. This is just ignorant, it's wrong.

And you should but you won't. Cash Shops ruin games, period. They destroy the ingame economies and screw people over while lining their pockets. Ingame mechanics change to support the cash shops. AA gives you pots to swallow to give you more time to craft. What a gimmick. 

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    There are very ambiguous clauses to cover their butt. So no refund for you.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    I was reading about these games, all of them have shit ass cash shops that ruin my experience, I thought, oh well I can play d3 for the next ten years, soon as I said that, bam this article comes out. It's just phasing me out of games completely at this point in time. I am ready to go home and sell off all my equipment and just forget about gaming completely. Man I hate greed. I want to show these bastards who the real Diablo is.
  • killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    I was reading about these games, all of them have shit ass cash shops that ruin my experience, I thought, oh well I can play d3 for the next ten years, soon as I said that, bam this article comes out. It's just phasing me out of games completely at this point in time. I am ready to go home and sell off all my equipment and just forget about gaming completely. Man I hate greed. I want to show these bastards who the real Diablo is.

While it will probably only make you feel worse, the entire world is falling apart with greed at the root, not just gaming.  Turns out when you let people do what they want, they are nasty, greedy little creatures.

Originally posted by killion81

Originally posted by Righteous_RockI was reading about these games, all of them have shit ass cash shops that ruin my experience, I thought, oh well I can play d3 for the next ten years, soon as I said that, bam this article comes out. It's just phasing me out of games completely at this point in time. I am ready to go home and sell off all my equipment and just forget about gaming completely. Man I hate greed. I want to show these bastards who the real Diablo is.

While it will probably only make you feel worse, the entire world is falling apart with greed at the root, not just gaming.  Turns out when you let people do what they want, they are nasty, greedy little creatures.

I am well aware of that, was hoping to ignore it all and keep myself pre occupied playing Diablo 3, but nope these mother f@$&%$ can't leave well enough alone, got to keep jabbing me in the side, poke poke poke, it's no wonder
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    http://www.pcgamer.com/microtransactions-may-be-coming-to-diablo-3-in-non-american-regions/ If that happens, I simply want a refund full refund for all versions of the game I own. This is just ignorant, it's wrong.

assuming your profile is correct then how does this change affect you exactly?

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Originally posted by killion81

This^

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Since all of us forum posters have the power to grant refunds, I will still say, "no".

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Originally by Kefo

It's not about me, and for the record, my profile is just a bunch of made up bs.

I viewed d3 as a timeless classic, this changes things.
  • booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289
    So you want a refund if they throw in a cash shop that will most likely have only cosmetics but yet you stuck through the real money auction house (obvious p2w is obvious) in its previous version.  You know that cash shops are totally optional right?  Besides, it's a single player game, who are you competing with for cosmetics?  
    Originally by Kefo

It's not about me, and for the record, my profile is just a bunch of made up bs. I viewed d3 as a timeless classic, this changes things.

Well I suppose it changes things if you don't live in an America region and if its not about you then why make the post demanding your money back?

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Since all of us forum posters have the power to grant refunds, I will still say, "no".

Second!!! 

If we approve this, then I'd like a refund of all my Subscription fees and box purchases over the years in WoW because they added a cash shop in there too. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Originally posted by CrazKanuk

Originally posted by rodingo

Second!!! 

If we approve this, then I'd like a refund of all my Subscription fees and box purchases over the years in WoW because they added a cash shop in there too. 

I think you should be entitled to that, when you bought the game, was it made clear to you that it was susceptible to Cash shops? Probably not, therefore you should be entitled to a refund. I am tired of this changing of the rules mid stream. I bought d3, no cash shop, that what I am entitled to, if you want to make games with cash shops, you have to be upfront from day one, clear and concise.
    Originally posted by booniedog96

So you want a refund if they throw in a cash shop that will most likely have only cosmetics but yet you stuck through the real money auction house (obvious p2w is obvious) in its previous version.  You know that cash shops are totally optional right?  Besides, it's a single player game, who are you competing with for cosmetics?  

What start as Cosmetic will surely turn into potions and power, this game deserve better than that, when you see a paragon 1000, that should mean something, add in a cash shop and all that goes away.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

You wont get a refund and Ill start laughing if you throw around legal terms and such.  You probably didn't buy the game within the last 30 or 60 days.. probably got it sometime in the last 2+ years.  You wont get your money back.

And listen, if they launch a cash shop that allows me to purchase more stash space, character space, cosmetics, etc...I'm all for giving the developers a bit more money to pump out more content for the game because the game really needs more content systems and build diversity.  They simply don't have the budget for these things.

Think logically.  It would be for the best.  As far as any possibly XP boosts are concerned...who knows. 

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by booniedog96

What start as Cosmetic will surely turn into potions and power, this game deserve better than that, when you see a paragon 1000, that should mean something, add in a cash shop and all that goes away.

Ever hear that expression about making assumptions?

Food for thought.

Originally posted by cesmode8

You wont get a refund and Ill start laughing if you throw around legal terms and such.  You probably didn't buy the game within the last 30 or 60 days.. probably got it sometime in the last 2+ years.  You wont get your money back. And listen, if they launch a cash shop that allows me to purchase more stash space, character space, cosmetics, etc...I'm all for giving the developers a bit more money to pump out more content for the game because the game really needs more content systems and build diversity.  They simply don't have the budget for these things. Think logically.  It would be for the best.  As far as any possibly XP boosts are concerned...who knows.  

You obviously don't even play it, why bother
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

I think you should be entitled to that, when you bought the game, was it made clear to you that it was susceptible to Cash shops? Probably not, therefore you should be entitled to a refund. I am tired of this changing of the rules mid stream. I bought d3, no cash shop, that what I am entitled to, if you want to make games with cash shops, you have to be upfront from day one, clear and concise.

It "kind of" is ...

Alterations to Battle.net and the Games.

Blizzard may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of Battle.net, Battle.net Client, Accounts or the Games at any time, including removing items, or revising the effectiveness of items in an effort to balance a Game. Blizzard may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of Battle.net, Battle.net Client, Accounts or the Games without notice or liability.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ClaiesClaies Member UncommonPosts: 76

[sarcasm] While we're at it, please give me a refund for Everquest, because I didn't like the changes in the last 21 expansions.  Oh, and I want my money back for World of Warcraft, because you gave noobs level 90 in Warlords of Draenor.  Oh, and please, can I have a refund for Baldur's Gate? When I bought it you didn't tell me you were going to re-make it later with better graphics. [/sarcasm]

Seriously, people today can't seem to understand the concept of money.  You get what you pay for.

• krevrakrevra Member UncommonPosts: 50
    People better start getting used to these cashshops, cause i promise you they arnt going away for a long time. The old school payment model days are almost over.
    Originally posted by Kefo

Originally posted by Kost
    WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! Seriously, it doesn't even effect you, guy. Someone get the manchild a soother so he can flail around and continue his tantrum like toddlers often do.  Forum crying is pathetic and serves zero purpose other than to garner attention for the one posting the thread. Time to start acting like an adult.

my 19 month old sons tantrums don't last this long and usually we can calm him down with logic. Don't think this will be the case here

Kefo you here to talk about d3 or do you just want some attention?
    Originally posted by Kefo
    Originally posted by Kost

WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Seriously, it doesn't even effect you, guy.

Someone get the manchild a soother so he can flail around and continue his tantrum like toddlers often do.  Forum crying is pathetic and serves zero purpose other than to garner attention for the one posting the thread.

Time to start acting like an adult.

my 19 month old sons tantrums don't last this long and usually we can calm him down with logic. Don't think this will be the case here

Kefo you here to talk about d3 or do you just want some attention?

I do love me some attention!

Please continue to post, I could use the laughs.

Originally posted by Sovrath

I think you should it's entitled to that, when you bought the game, was it made clear to you that it was susceptible to Cash shops? Probably not, therefore you should be entitled to a refund. I am tired of this changing of the rules mid stream. I bought d3, no cash shop, that what I am entitled to, if you want to make games with cash shops, you have to be upfront from day one, clear and concise.

It "kind of" is ...

Alterations to Battle.net and the Games.

Blizzard may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of Battle.net, Battle.net Client, Accounts or the Games at any time, including removing items, or revising the effectiveness of items in an effort to balance a Game. Blizzard may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of Battle.net, Battle.net Client, Accounts or the Games without notice or liability.

And there it is, first person in the entire thread, excellent post. See I knew this, so no I don't think I would ever receive a refund, that doesn't mean I wouldn't want one. It's all in how we word things isn't it.