Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Theres no bots in wow pvp :P

PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482

Had to share this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHeSHT2ZDnU

Forgot to say that there is some swearing in this video.

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Ya that was funny to watch. New games get bots and people yell how this is so easy but even vet companies like Blizzard still has the same problem.
  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Money to both side ;) 
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    That many bots in one bg ^^ blizz gonna have to do something.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Yeah I've read quite a few threads about it on the official forums., "Worse than ever".
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

It is not the first time they had this problem, they will fix it but it might take some time.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Wow I just watched the vid. I've read a bunch of threads were people were saying it's out of control. Saying that every game half their team are bots, but this though, just wow... The whole damn team, both teams!
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 151

It's been really bad, periodically like this off and on for years, since at least 2010 or so, it got REALLY bad back in 2011, and I basically quit battlegrounds, even on alts around 2012. (Bots in xp off twink brackets, what the fuck?)

When 3-13 of a WSG are bots, there's no point in even queueing.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

This happened to me in AV, I run directly at the Hut to cap the flag. 5 min after at least 20 bot arrive on their mount all standing there and the second the hut capped they all turned around at the same time and went inside the room to fight the boss.

the only legit player were those on the so called (noob hill) and other on foot next to me,.

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

I recently subbed to WOW hoping to just do some mindless random BGs.  I've always thought it was fun for what it is.

I have a few videos like that where i'm the only real person on my team.  Its pretty bad.

One or two of the battlegrounds are just broken by the botting.  There is one where you have to break into the enemy's keep and kill the enemy general and the bots just run in and out of the room leashing and resetting it.  Quite often that BG will just go on and on until a secondary win condition is met.

Usually though it just leaves one or two people trying hard to win while the bots run around doing nothing worthwhile. 

It can be very frustrating.

The problem is not as bad at max level as it is leveling up.  But it still kills what little fun BG pvp is for me at least.  Nobody wants to try their hardest just to carry a bunch of people who aren't even at their computer to victory.

• PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190
    This happens in AV. If you retake Icewing Bunker, wait about 1 min, then look down the road heading to Alliance base. There will ALWAYS be about 10-15 bots all coming down the road together. They run in to the tower and tap the flag, then they all run back. Happens every time... just wait till the leave then retake it back.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

It still bugs me, why pay for a game, and then have bots play it for you...

All in all it would be better if WoW, cancelled the first 90 levels...  

and then transfer all that old content up to level 100, and send people there on daily questchains and dungeon runs from their garrisons..  actually i think this would be an awesome idea..  Giving all the old content usefellness again, removing the level grind and the need for botting.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Well when even a big budget company like Blizzard won't do something about the bot problem in pvp then I feel a little more forgiving towards Carbine about the disaster of the Wildstar pvp.

Hmm and I always felt that Arenanet wasn't acting fast enough when I reported a bot but when I compare this now then they are top notch at swinging the ban hammer.

Harbinger of Fools
  • ThwaiteThwaite Member UncommonPosts: 83
    blizzard is making money off of the bots, so why do they care?
  • OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

The irony is...that guy got permabanned in Wildstar for...botting, well auto key pressing software which is essentially the same thing.

There are bots in every game, hell if you don't have bots you aren't successful enough to warrant them...

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Got to bookmark this thread to link the next time a new game launches and the trolls post about how incompetent the developers are because there's botting in them...

As if anyone could stop hackers on a permanent basis lol

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Iselin

Got to bookmark this thread to link the next time a new game launches and the trolls post about how incompetent the developers are because there's botting in them...

Uhm it is incompetence?

Well in Blizzard's case I would consider it the malicious intent to keep more subscriptions up.

Which says something about the old discussion whether p2p communites are better than f2p or b2p communities.

Harbinger of Fools
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

So, How WoW can have more than 10 mill of subs?. Thats the answer, everysingle bot in the video have a sub, thats how u reach the 10 mill of subs marks.

Originally posted by Dakeru

Uhm it is incompetence?

Well in Blizzard's case I would consider it the malicious intent to keep more subscriptions up.

Which says something about the old discussion whether p2p communites are better than f2p or b2p communities.

Nah... that's a pretty naive point of view that ignores the fact that there is an eternal cycle of plugging security holes and finding new ones.

The only thing that determines how many bots are in any game at any given time is just how many botters want to be there at that time. 

Just do some googling and open your eyes to how open and prevalent botting and other hacks are in MMOs. It's not even just hacker hobbyists any longer... some are in it for the money and sell multipurpose botting packaged "solutions"

They're not going away... unless they get bored with your game and go somewhere else. Expecting developers to eradicate them is just like believing the movie or music industry are going to stop torrents.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    What the hello are you talking about OP?? P2P games never have bottin or hacking or gold sellers or trolling!! only filthy B2P/F2P game with or without cash shop have botting/hacking/gold sellers/trolling. P2P games ensure great community, how can a person from "great community" do such thing? OP you are just a hater!!! Leave mmorpg.com and never come back!!! P2P rocks!!! F2P/B2P with or without cash shop all sux!!!

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• cheeseheadscheeseheads Member UncommonPosts: 73
    They will fix it 'soon'
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    At least the guy in the video had a sense of humor about it.  But, damn, that is bad.

Uhm it is incompetence?

Nah... that's a pretty naive point of view that ignores the fact that there is an eternal cycle of plugging security holes and finding new ones.

The only thing that determines how many bots are in any game at any given time is just how many botters want to be there at that time. 

Just do some googling and open your eyes to how open and prevalent botting and other hacks are in MMOs. It's not even just hacker hobbyists any longer... some are in it for the money and sell multipurpose botting packaged "solutions"

They're not going away... unless they get bored with your game and go somewhere else. Expecting developers to eradicate them is just like believing the movie or music industry are going to stop torrents.

Actually you are the one with a naive view. You call it a cycle yet you ignore the fact that the companies stop working on new protections from bots.

Additionally all it takes is hiring some people dedicated to handling reports against bots.

My private RO server had 4000 active players in its peak time and I still have a list of about 500-1000 accounts I banned personally.

Fighting bots is hilariously easy - the companies just don't feel like doing it.

Harbinger of Fools
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

Every game has this problem but more pronounced in WoW. If a game they claim does not suffer from this problem it is not because that game's developer is awesome it just means the activity people bot at is not popular or rewarding for them to bot. The game population is too spread out or too few to make it worth botting or if botting is going on hardly anyone about to see and report let alone make a youtube video about.

This problem is not going away and game companies just do a periodic sweep then forget about it until the next sweep. If your game is too popular this and gold sellers are the clear indication of it.

Uhm it is incompetence?

Actually you are the one with a naive view. You call it a cycle yet you ignore the fact that the companies stop working on new protections from bots.

Additionally all it takes is hiring some people dedicated to handling reports against bots.

My private RO server had 4000 active players in its peak time and I still have a list of about 500-1000 accounts I banned personally.

Fighting bots is hilariously easy - the companies just don't feel like doing it.

Fighting them is not the same thing as getting rid of them forever... which is what naive people seem to think developers can do. Try it with a few hundred thousand concurrent users in 100 servers. If people are not botting in your tiny server (that you know of) it's just because they're not interested in doing so. 

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Lol I never said getting rid of them forever. I am talking about constantly removing them just like they keep on joining the game.

Even if they only ban 50 bots a day it will quickly make a difference.

Do you know why the police keeps driving around, why they even do their personal shopping during their shifts?

Cause it means they will be present  and people commiting crimes just cause they see a chance to do so will think about it twice.

Ban a wave of bots every day and the kids who join the  bot forums looking for a quick fortune will see the whining of the caught botters and decide it isn't worth it.

Harbinger of Fools