Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game worth coming back to?

DadanenDadanen Member Posts: 17

Well the subject says it all, also has this game gotten better or worse since i left last year?

Comments

• ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552

Listing the major differences that come to mind...

Better: 

1) a couple of new jobs

2) new items and recipes

3) new gear/equipment including AF+1

4) new areas including some dynamis areas

5) new quests

6) new avatars and pets

Worse:

1) Failing and erratic economy including a booming gilseller market (items you remember have more than likely tripled in price)

2) nerfed jobs (see Ranger)

3) dated gameplay and features

4) lopsided server communities

In closing, this game isn't bad for the most part.  You've played before as you said in your post, so you know this is the king of all grinders.  They've added some xp bonus items that you can use once a day to let a little of the pressure off.  It can be a little tough to get parties at certain levels from what I've seen.  Sitting in jeuno waiting for a RDM or a BRD is a real good time.  (/sarcasm)  Even at the lower levels things can be a little slow.  Once upon a time Valkurm Dunes, Qufim Island and the Jungles were loaded with people certain times of the day so even unpopular jobs would get pts in a reasonable amount of time.  Unfortunately those days are long gone. You may see a little surge with the game releasing on the Xbox360 but this remains to be seen. 

Another point to be made, which is kind of a drag is the economy.  My best friend in game inherited my items such as a Scorp Harn +1, Hellfire +1, Harpe, Kriegsbeil, etc etc and I'm amazed at the massive amount of gil he got by selling some of them off.  I bought Hellfire +1 for 1.9 mill about a year ago, he just sold it for 6 mill.  Harpe purchased for around 3 mill and sold for 8 mill.  Kriegsbeil bought for a little under 9 mill and sold for 15 mill!  Any economy in any game is expected to climb but ask anyone who plays what happened after Christmas 2005.  Items doubled to tripled pretty much overnight. 

I listed more positive points than negative ones, but I'll leave it to you to decide if the game is any better than when you left it.  It has more content than the last time you played but at it comes at a price as I discussed. 

My final verdict: check out some of the newer stuff coming out before you invest your time in FFXI.