Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AVOID this game at all costs!!!

2»

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Deleted User
    Originally posted by cptndunsel
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by deugemiet

It's the most unfair game i played ever... 

u cant be in for 75% of the time in the losing team...if there are so many bad players then it must be arround 50/50...but that isnt happening here....  its a game with hidden crap u cant proof but u know for 100%  that there are truly things realy wrong...

-hands you a tin foil hat-

Fail. There is documentation from some of the Devs that exposed some of the inner workings that skew how a player is assigned to a team and the quality of that team... something WG denied for years. MM is broken enough without these added hidden algorithms that look at player performance.

Is there also links to this documentation? Proof that this documentation comes from legitimate (developer) sources?

Yeah, with that sort of an accusation, link it or it never happened. image

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

WOT isn't a bad game solo for the first 4-5 tiers but if you are playing tier 6+ without a platoon you really are asking for pain.  I don't know if the system is skewed or not but what I have seen is that once a battle starts to go bad for a side it tends to go really bad.  That's why you see 15-5 matches a lot.

I stopped playing because the elite XP to general XP mechanic sucks in my mind and there is no single price way to remove it.  If they had a sub that removed that stupid mechanic I would still play the game.  But they obviously make way more money off of it as it is than settling for a $15 a month sub.

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Originally posted by LFGroup
    Originally posted by commiekor

As it's a free game there is no cost to avoid...

Wrong. It's a "pay to win" game where you can stumble upon an enemy whose paint isn't even scratched after 2 point blank shots, and who will one shoot you (it did happen to me) and the rest of your team. So this is hardly a free game, unless you want to spend your time on the wrong side of the gun.

Well...

You can aim at weak spots of a tank, you just need to have knowledge/experience.

Most people that complain about not being able to damage an enemy point blank is probably shooting a heavy tank with a light and aiming at their most armoured point.

As for getting one shot...it can happen, a hit to the ammo rack is a good way to get a 1 shot kill. Again, know when to hit a tank to increase the chances it happens. Also, a light tank getting 1 shot by a TD or heavy....quite common.

After more then 3 years of playing....losers are just losers. They can stay losers or learn to play the game.

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

Regarding hidden algorithms and the knee jerk "post a link or it did not happen" - all of this was posted to the WG forums, along with links to the Russian language forum where the original information was posted by a WG employee in response to questions.

Since that time, and due to the fire storm that followed, WG moderators have sanitized the boards and removed these threads. If you have been playing the game for a long time and have been a regular reader of the WG forums then you know the truth of all of this. If not - believe it or don't, I care not. Can't post links now because WG removed all the posts from the boards.

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by GrumpyHobbit
    Originally posted by LFGroup
    Originally posted by commiekor

As it's a free game there is no cost to avoid...

Wrong. It's a "pay to win" game where you can stumble upon an enemy whose paint isn't even scratched after 2 point blank shots, and who will one shoot you (it did happen to me) and the rest of your team. So this is hardly a free game, unless you want to spend your time on the wrong side of the gun.

Well...

You can aim at weak spots of a tank, you just need to have knowledge/experience.

Most people that complain about not being able to damage an enemy point blank is probably shooting a heavy tank with a light and aiming at their most armoured point.

As for getting one shot...it can happen, a hit to the ammo rack is a good way to get a 1 shot kill. Again, know when to hit a tank to increase the chances it happens. Also, a light tank getting 1 shot by a TD or heavy....quite common.

After more then 3 years of playing....losers are just losers. They can stay losers or learn to play the game.

Only up to a point. 

Too much RNG involved. Your gun has parameters for accuracy. Your guns and shells have various parameters. Now toss in the angle of attack, the enemy armor slope, and a bunch of other parameters that affect ballistics. It is possible to nail someone point blank in a weak spot and get a "miss", a "richochet", a "0 damage critical hit" where we are supposed to believe the shell pens the armor and kills a radioman and does no other damage etc.

With so much RNG - the result can go sideways with a bad roll. And its well known that the algoritm WG uses tends to get caught in a rut (i.e. you can't do anything shot after shot in one match, everything you shoot pens for high dmg in another match). I believe this speaks to the seeding done and the overall complexity of the algoritm. Inferior code will lead to algorithms that have too few seeds and thus tend to get stuck as we see here. 

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Agree 100%! Anyone who thinks this game is anything but a deeply UN-balanced great steaming pile of $hit is highly deluded. The statistics are so clear. And the screamingly obvious UN-balances like the majic inviso-tanks... It's clearly all skewed to stroke the ego's of the payers. Never in a million years would I give these russian-mobster type "developers" so much as a penny.

• StridarStridar Member UncommonPosts: 134

Funny to read all the whines, it the same that's in game, those people are just playing while crying about it.

I don't pay to play the game, I have several tier X's, a few IX's and I can't even remember the number if Tier VIII's I have, I also have a 55% win rate with 95% of my games played solo and again I don't play to pay. I don't buy gold, you don't need to.

They run missions all the time that you can win gold or premium tanks. I have about 8 premium tanks now from those missions. Twice I've been given gold because I'd already been awarded the same tank from a earlier mission. You can easily make money in game to buy premium ammo and gear, yes all of that does make a difference, but it's there for anyone to get if they really want to and not just complain. 

Sure you can spend money on it and if you know how to play the game you can do even better. I'd bet I could win over 60% of my games if I spent real money and only show premium ammo or even shot it half of the time. But if you don't know where to shoot tanks, don't know how to angle your armor and use your armor then even with premium shells you will suck. So yes it is more about skill then about paying to win. You can pay to win more, but if you suck, you'll still suck, If you can't pull 50% win rate without premium, it isn't going to automatically make you hit 60%, probably not 55% even.

I won't even go into all of the tournaments that run weekly and you can win gold. I know guys that haven't ever paid $1 but have 10,000's of gold in game from those tourney's, that is what he enjoys doing and he does it weekly and earns his gold, he has over a year premium time and again has never spent $1. There are of course Clan Wars also in which you can earn gold.  

While it doesn't make it 100% equal as someone that pays, that's not their problem, that's yours. Everything can't be handed to ya, either earn money and put into into the game, or play the game and earn in game gold to purchase what you think will make you a better player. 

What makes the biggest difference? Learning where to shoot other tanks, learning where to try and get other tanks to shoot you, how to angle your armor for bounces, how long it take that tank around the corner that just shot to reload and if your reload will happen before theirs or not...etc. There are so many stupid people that just cry, they tank a Tier VIII medium and shoot a tier 10 heavy in the front over and over and cry that they can't pen them. Duh.

• hotlanderhotlander Member UncommonPosts: 4
    edited March 2018
    Rigged like hell. The game doesn't offer a fair gameplay. People that are playing this for years, with good stats like 54% victoryrate and stats through XVM(mod), will see them suddenly dropping. The game is full with assholes, bots and liars from the wargaming.net company. 
    Wg.net promises improvements/balancing for years but the only thing they do is adding eyecandy because that suits their wallet well. If u still want to play it or keep playing it u have to deal with all this shit. But never ever say this game offers a balanced and fair gameplay. Only liars/pay to win-people will claim its a fair game.