Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage2 is not Lineage2 anymore? (Looking for a Hardcore Open World PvP MMORPG)

raschrasch Member Posts: 8
Hi all im really sad that im going to post it but it has to be ive been playing Lineage2 since the Korean Beta and this PvP System and PK System with Karma was the best i ever Played but now i tought im coming back and when i logged into the Game anything is totaly diferent... i realisied theres a new Race wich i forgott the name (not Kamael) but what worrys me is that they completly changed the Pk system if you pk now you do not lose karma by dieying PKing was the reason why i acutaly enjoed the game so much but now... anything seems to be broke players got weird name colors its just not Lineage2 anymore before being F2P it was much better in my opinion C3/C4 Interlude time was the best what im actualy looking now is i wanna find a Game that has similiar PvP PK System like Lineage2. im testing games since a Week now but no one of those game has even come close to the athmsphare of Lineage2 of being able to atack Players everywhere outside Towns or even going Red if the player dosent hit back those are the games i have testet since now:

Tera
Rift
Archeage
Archlord2
Aion

no one of them inpressed me only Aion a little bit
well no one of them had this perfect PvP System that actually had ( and still has exxept the way of dekarma by killing 100 or even 1000 of mobs) carebear


Can anyone recommand me a Game that has almsot the exact Lineage 2 PvP System with being able to going red or killing others players when they leave the town?

PS.Sorry for english i gave my best i hope you guys get the question and know what im looking for something like an Lineage2 clown i defnetly need something new lineage2 was the best game i have ever played but as how i see it right now its dead

Comments

  • raschrasch Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by rasch
    Hi all im really sad that im going to post it but it has to be ive been playing Lineage2 since the Korean Beta and this PvP System and PK System with Karma was the best i ever Played but now i tought im coming back and when i logged into the Game anything is totaly diferent... i realisied theres a new Race wich i forgott the name (not Kamael) but what worrys me is that they completly changed the Pk system if you pk now you do not lose karma by dieying PKing was the reason why i acutaly enjoed the game so much but now... anything seems to be broke players got weird name colors its just not Lineage2 anymore before being F2P it was much better in my opinion C3/C4 Interlude time was the best what im actualy looking now is i wanna find a Game that has similiar PvP PK System like Lineage2. im testing games since a Week now but no one of those game has even come close to the athmsphare of Lineage2 of being able to atack Players everywhere outside Towns or even going Red if the player dosent hit back those are the games i have testet since now:

    Tera
    Rift
    Archeage
    Archlord2
    Aion

    no one of them inpressed me only Aion a little bit
    well no one of them had this perfect PvP System that actually had ( and still has exxept the way of dekarma by killing 100 or even 1000 of mobs) carebear


    Can anyone recommand me a Game that has almsot the exact Lineage 2 PvP System with being able to going red or killing others players when they leave the town?

    PS.Sorry for english i gave my best i hope you guys get the question and know what im looking for something like an Lineage2 clown i defnetly need something new lineage2 was the best game i have ever played but as how i see it right now its dead

    bump

  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

    Ranger (the program) killed L2...was retarded...people talked as if they were good at pvp when it all came down to whoever had the best scripts...lol.

     

    The game you are looking for is Black Desert.  I've been playing the Korean version, not saying I suggest doing that as you don't get the fighting for politics feel when you really aren't able to communicate with the audience.  That said, the ruleset is the same ruleset of L2, clan wars, sieging is the same, etc.  Much better combat and graphics.  

    Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

  • StoverStover Member UncommonPosts: 14

    I really enjoyed L2 back in the day as did you.  There is no game in the western market that is like that anymore.  Most MMOs with big name publishers want to capture the mass market, and games like L2 are a niche game.

    A game you should look at, not like L2 pk system but going to be a good pvp game is CAMELOT UNCHAINED.  It is being developed by Mark Jacobs the found of Mythic and Dark Ages of Camelot.  While it will not resemble L2 exactly, it is crowd funded and being developed independent .  Which means they can develop the game ofr a niche market.

    Archage was my hope for L2, but it did not play out that way.  It was part of game design but the community as a whole.

    ** As the poster mentioned above Black Desert looks promising.

  • raschrasch Member Posts: 8

    Is there atleast a good Open World PvP Game out there like Early Days of WoW 

    imean Fraktion vs Fraktion but not only in battlegrounds in the Open World aswell having the posebility to kill somone while hes questing or getting kiled by someone while questing ?

  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030

    Tera has open world pvp on pvp servers, only worth playing usa version imo.  Enmasse.com version, dont play on gameforge servers.  It also has 3 way faction pvp but you have to opt into that.

  • raschrasch Member Posts: 8
    i have tried tera its really not my game... at all ive tried rift to aswell as archage rift and archlord i dont really like the fact that i can join in any doungen any time while not walking to to the doungen you just get teleportet this shoots down every open pvp :((
  • StoverStover Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by rasch
    i have tried tera its really not my game... at all ive tried rift to aswell as archage rift and archlord i dont really like the fact that i can join in any doungen any time while not walking to to the doungen you just get teleportet this shoots down every open pvp :((

    You and I are in the "niche" gaming population.  Most gamers like the insta travel, group finder, etc.  Most of the revenue, from the last report I looked at was over 75% is from mmo gamers that enjoy a more laid back casual game.  While the 20-30% of the gamers that  play "harecore" do make up the most hours played, the revenue gained is the same per player on both sides.

    Do company with a large publisher will want the revenue channel from the 20-30%.  I know people say that those players sick of the games longer, but on the other hand your upfront costs can not be paid down.

    A game that you are looking for has to be published by a Korean company that do not have a publisher alter the game for the west.  L2 was a direct port from Korea to here.  

  • raschrasch Member Posts: 8
    wich game are u currently playing and wich would you considering being the best open world pvp MMORPG that i could play before this Black Desert comes out wich looks really great!
  • raschrasch Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by rasch
    wich game are u currently playing and wich would you considering being the best open world pvp MMORPG that i could play before this Black Desert comes out wich looks really great!

    they mentioned Rift and Thera in this video as place 1 and 2 but rift hasnt got any open pvp? only battlegrounds even on pvp server :(

     

     

    I would be happy with Fraktion vs Fraktion PvP too like early WoW where u could do alot of open pvp!

     

    wich one would you considering the best MMORPG Today for Open PvP?

  • StoverStover Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by rasch
    Originally posted by rasch
    wich game are u currently playing and wich would you considering being the best open world pvp MMORPG that i could play before this Black Desert comes out wich looks really great!

    they mentioned Rift and Thera in this video as place 1 and 2 but rift hasnt got any open pvp? only battlegrounds even on pvp server :(

     

     

    I would be happy with Fraktion vs Fraktion PvP too like early WoW where u could do alot of open pvp!

     

    wich one would you considering the best MMORPG Today for Open PvP?

    Best Open world PvP game right now would either be Dark Ages of Camelot, or Archage.  I tried Archage and did not like it since most of the community is PvE and PvP becomes one big zerg.

    Dark age of Camelot if pretty much all RVR and even though it is a lower population game 99% of the playerbase is 100% pvp.  

     

  • gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Try out Darkfall. It doesn't have a huge community. But it does have open world pvp. You may find it to your liking,
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

    I have to agree with SirBalin. If you are looking for a game that will have pvp/pk mechanics similar to L2 then you will want to be watching for Black Desert. When I first heard about how they were planning to handle PKing, I said to myself, "that sounds just like L2." I have always been impressed by L2s system. 

    As for an existing game that is like L2 you might try Perfect World. It is more or less a L2 clone. It has a big open map like Aden. It features territory style pvp warfare. And the pk system is almost exaclty like L2 with white names becoming pink and then becoming red if you kill someone who doesn't fight back. red names can also drop equipment. I think they have some differences with the pve servers allowing people to be pk protected if they wish but it takes 10 hours online to transition to pk-protected. pvp servers I believe don't allow this. Also the game does have flying mounts, not sure how that changes the dynamic of territory pvp. I never got that far. Leveling is also a very slow grind at high level just like L2 back in the lvl85 cap days.

    An alternative would be to look into games like ESO and GW2 for large scale, 3 sided warfare with castle capture mechanics. The leveling world is not pvp but the pvp maps are large enough that you could spend your entire time in game in them. Leveling is also pretty fast in the pvp in GW2 and I assume the same in ESO. GW2 is buyt to play with a mostly cosmetic cash shop. ESO has announced that it will be going buy to play.

    All die, so die well.

  • raschrasch Member Posts: 8

    i have never played perfect world but ive heart its pay to win wich really sucks :((( but i think i will give it a chance and i will testing it out are there other recomdation that playes could give me for an Open World PvP MMORPG where you PvP in the open World tough not only Batttle Grounds or instances or arena or where you can kill somone while hes questing or you can get killed by somone while your questing yourself those are the games that im interstied untill now theres only 3 games that ive found that are good for that those are

     

     

    WoW

    Lineage 2

    Aion

     

    I would love to add one more MMORPG into that list :))) please if u know any other game tell me

     

    PS.Dark Age of cammelot graphic idk.. it looks so old i know WoW has old graphic too but hmmm i will think about it to test it out aswell

  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,509
    Originally posted by rasch

    Is there atleast a good Open World PvP Game out there like Early Days of WoW 

    imean Fraktion vs Fraktion but not only in battlegrounds in the Open World aswell having the posebility to kill somone while hes questing or getting kiled by someone while questing ?

    so, what you are looking for is actually mindless ganking?

    because THAT is early WoW pvp.

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

    For open work ganking you might want to look further into ArcheAge.  While things on the two southern continents are tame everything on the ocean and the north continent is full on pvp, including ganking your own faction. You can join a pirate faction. The ship to ship combat is fun. The big guilds have castles and do sieges but you need to join one of them or a big guild that can challenge them. The game has a lot of other problems but there is a lot of ganking to be had if you are in the right areas.

    There is still EVE if you want a completely different space based experience. Hardcore but not for everyone. Some people find doing everything from within a spaceship off putting but it is definitely worth the try. Get someone to send you a buddy invite or use a link to get a free 21 day trial. There is a thread in this forum with such requests. Eve is not for the faint of heart.

     

    All die, so die well.

  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    What you want is dark fall unholy wars and/or Mortal Online.

    Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

  • raschrasch Member Posts: 8
    im not really into spaceships.... archangel was a really nice game but i dont like the fact that you can just be simplyy everyone you just can change ur class everyminute and the pvp zones are only in certain areas :(
  • coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,912

    L2 is my favorite MMORPG. Pity it has lost its soul when it was casualized. Chronicle 4 was the best, for me.

    There is no similar game at this point. Hardcore OWPvP games are no longer being made.

    (I suggest looking for a private server without increased rates, but if someone asks you, you did not hear this from me)

  • OjinasOjinas Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by coretex666

    L2 is my favorite MMORPG. Pity it has lost its soul when it was casualized. Chronicle 4 was the best, for me.

    There is no similar game at this point. Hardcore OWPvP games are no longer being made.

    (I suggest looking for a private server without increased rates, but if someone asks you, you did not hear this from me)

    Any suggestions? (I'm not saying that you by any means have played on a private server at all or even checked, but maybe you just got a random name on your head wile reading it (ofc not linked to a Lineage 2 private server))

  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Mortal Online has full loot open world pvp with city guards who slaughter you if you try to kill in towns.  It's always fun to try to kill someone before the guards can stop you.   You will also turn red if you murder too many players and you suffer penalties for dying if you are red.  Its definitely hardcore there's no instanced anything in that game.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,163
    ArcheAge was also my hope of finding a game like Lineage 2 but it was not even close. Right now I am waiting on Black Desert but I am done having high hopes.
  • zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Originally posted by VastoHorde
    ArcheAge was also my hope of finding a game like Lineage 2 but it was not even close. Right now I am waiting on Black Desert but I am done having high hopes.

    Black Desert is copy paste of ArcheAge with more flashy combat.

    Its made by same devs, it has all design mistakes, such as Labor Points, taken directly from AA. Theres no risk/reward - no point doing world pvp other than wasting someones time. There is no level cap = balancing nightmare for any pvp game. Basically everything in this game is anti-pvp.

Sign In or Register to comment.