Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Swag Giveaway!

Comments

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Revenant will use shiny new tech skills, I can't wait to test them out. Plus, the different look of all the legends is a big plus. Bring it on!

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    Stance-dance! I get bored easily so the more options of buttons to mash the better!
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Legendary demon stance, that sounds sweet.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    i really like the direction they are going,with the expac so far. more fun less grind!
  • MenestrelMenestrel Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Most exciting news about the Revenants: swapping Legends and make the best use of all weapons depending on the situation
  • ArmelblArmelbl Member UncommonPosts: 12
    the taunt effect this will unlock a whole new way to play in groups
  • vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195
    Is this NA only? If not, the revenant seems ok at the moment. Nothing really special, just more flashy. That red rift thing looks out of place though. Was a bit disappointed about the conditions mainly being torment and confusion on the demon legend but it seems like they still have two legends to go.
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

This update might actually make me play gw2 again. cant wait to try out all the new features.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• fritifriti Member Posts: 3
    I love the new taunt! It will introduce changes in the party dinamic for sure!
  • dugadadugada Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I am happy to see new class and it's great that it's heave armored class. From what I read, it will be quite fun to play it and I am looking forward pvp with this class. I am curious about wvw and his use in GvG and teamplay. I really like the art of this class, it seems to be epic.
  • pudgybunnybrypudgybunnybry Member UncommonPosts: 7

The Revenant is definitely an interesting profession, and will hopefully be very unique. I really enjoy that the different stances are based on historic figures in the Guild Wars universe, and really look forward to testing out the different stances. Generally I don't play tanky classes, but the stance that is more tank has me intrigued to give it a go.

The new resource associated with the Revenant also seems like it will be a lot of fun to have to balance out with your abilities.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    What i love about the Revenant is that basically he is a melee fighter but rather than using brute force he is all about spirit. In other words, he looks like a shaman of sorts but wayyyy cooler. I mean come on, he uses the power of the mists, who needs more explanation? :p

• akuma696akuma696 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Really looking forward to the legends and looking forward to using the revenant with the Mallyx legend as a condi for the triple trouble event .
  • maciohindamaciohinda Member UncommonPosts: 4
    The most exciting thing to see is the Legendary Stance. Can't wait to see Mallyx the Unyielding Stance in dungeons !
  • TsobotTsobot Member UncommonPosts: 12
    The new elite is low cooldown meaning it has more functionality as its constant use, meaning other classes and the revenant might get even more of these skills which will make the skill elites useful instead of just some nice looking effects.
  • afterchamyafterchamy Member Posts: 13

To be honnest, I  think what got me the most excited is the fact that because of the way the class/profession works, i'll be very hard to pick the wronk skills on your revenant. You only choose 4 things: Main weapon, off-hand weapon, and 2 legends. This means you will no longer be hesitating between 2 skills and thinking "if I don't have this, I'll die more easily, but if I don't have this, I will deal way less damage!". This exact situation has been quite an issue for me everytime I tried to make a new build. I can only choose one for this so I won't mention any other reveals, but just know that as of now I only see good things for this profession and I really, REALLY want to play it!

Cheers.

• ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348
    To be honest I just love the name. Revenant. I'm always for games that add "darker" classes like Death Knights and what not to balance the more light sided classes like a Paladin. The Revenant in my eyes is just like a Dark Paladin. And it's already shaping up to be and i think it will be glorious.
  • vicmont82vicmont82 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I love the fact that the hammer is actually a ranged weapon! i'll be droping the hammer a lot! i really enjoyed that.
  • WesterlyCarrot9WesterlyCarrot9 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    My most favorite thing about the Revenant and probably the coolest one too has to be the connection he will have with the Mists and the legendary characters he can draw his power from as well as the different skills these characters will be able to influence. I think it's one of the best game mechanics Anet has come up with both in gameplay and aesthetics (from what they've shown us).
  • Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791

Revenant seems as a kickass class overall. The energy updraft mechanic looks like something to think about while playing. However, I do hope they boost the energy usage because what we saw on the stream, that dev had hard time getting his energy to 0, while currently the thief can blast their initiative in a flash. I would like to see some balance there between those 2 roles. Lets not forget that the revenant is after all, a heavy armor class which sets it up for a lot of build variety. 

Wonder how many people will play Mc Hammer while dropping the hammer, IYKWIM xD

Let me warm you up folks xD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

• Shapo235Shapo235 Member Posts: 1
    Very excited about revenant. I've been playing GW2 for over 2,5k hours of which 2,2k was spent on warrior but it seems i will have new main character! Coolest thing about revenant so far is in my opinion energy mechanic. It's nice to see that return in GW2. Maybe they could bring guild capes back as well :D , just a suggestion. Can't wait to buy the expansion.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I think a class that brings myths to life is a very interesting idea I havn't seen in any game before. It's gonna be awesome. :D
  • sagedemijansagedemijan Member UncommonPosts: 1
    This just got me back into guild wars 2 really looking forward for this game
  • ArcheangelArcheangel Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I can't wait to find out more.
  • gnostalgiagnostalgia Member Posts: 1
    I loved the original Guild Wars and now I am tempted to play GW2.
This discussion has been closed.