Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Swag Giveaway!

Comments

• QuiesNoctisQuiesNoctis Member UncommonPosts: 3
    The revenant is looking amazing! I can't wait to play one!
  • Darkrose89Darkrose89 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Love the Searing Fissure skill. Revenant looks amazing, i cant wait to play the new class. Heart Of Thorns is going to be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  • maz2usmaz2us Member UncommonPosts: 21

Looking forward to play a Rev as an alt toon, but I still can't decide on a race to play (charr, human, norn, or sylvari.) What race will make a good Rev?

Quaggan can't do it alone...

See you all in game :)

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

I’m looking forward to the improved mobility+heavy armor class. I may stop using my thief for this class. I like to move fast, but being able to take more damage at the same time is a huge plus. This is like OP for me.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• neymorraneymorra Member Posts: 1
    I am really excited to try the Revenant! It seems like it will be a completely unique profession, and I'm curious if that will make the other professions seem dull. ANet has not let us down, though, so I am sure it will all level out. I think summoning legends will feel so epic and powerful! I'm really looking forward to seeing this in action! I am also fairly confident that the game will be flooded with Revenants to begin with, but that's to be expected I suppose! :)
  • thexslackxthexslackx Member UncommonPosts: 4
    The Revenant class looks amazing. Reading about it and seeing the reveals is killing me slowly. I have to wait, I know, but I really don't want to. I mean, how many of the other classes can ooze conditions like they're free(you know what I mean!)? None, unless they add something like that in the specializations! The whole feel of the class is making me wonder how much I'm going to want to play the other classes after launch. It looks like it will be complex, involved, and fluid, which is exactly what I need to feel like the game is worth playing. The strategy it will take to switch between Legends will undoubtedly keep me entertained for quite a while.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

The ability to channel powers from ancient legends as a Revenant got my attention right away. It will make for a very interesting play style in combination with the other weapon skills. Also allowing the Revenant to have 2 legends equiped at any given time (one active/one inactive) adds more variety if you want to make a more hybrid build.

Really good stuff.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820

The Revenant is a massive love letter to Guild Wars 1 players. Not only is it based upon invoking legendary Guild Wars 1 characters, but it draws much of its mechanics from the game as well. 

The combination of energy management and upkeep skills is going to give this class a level of depth not seen in other classes. It won't be about spamming damage rotations off cooldown, but rather wisely toggling your upkeep skills while using your other legend skills for their intended situations.

Speaking of legend skills, there is a heavy distinction between the legend skills of the Revenant and the healing, utility, and elite skills of other classes. First and foremost, there is an all-or-nothing draw to slotting them. Whereas other classes enjoy a high degree of slot customization, the Revenant must take the whole package for each of his two legends. In exchange for this, however, his healing, utility, and elite skills are designed as a complete package and benefit from excellent synergy with one another and with the profession's weapon sets. Whereas the slot skills of other professions tend to feel "tacked-on," the Revenant's are a central part of the class - and, in fact, their bread and butter.

What will this mean for their playstyle? The Revenant will naturally be using utilities and elites at a much higher rate than any other profession, but will have to do so wisely in order to maximize their effectiveness. This should give them a highly adaptable, aggressive style of play, characterized by much more varied rotations than any other class. No longer is the Elite merely a "super button." It's a defined part of the Revenant's build. Heals aren't just heals - they are tailored to the role that the Revenant's legend is meant to represent. Utilities aren't just throwaway support mechanics with no particular synergy - they are designed to form a cohesive style with one another.

Simply put, the Revenant is what Guild Wars 2 classes should have always been. From what I've seen thus far, it is a thing of beauty, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

• Ir1shguyIr1shguy Member UncommonPosts: 84
    I think ranged hammer is pretty cool idea. Cant wait to see how the combat is.
  • deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193

The fact that it's a totally new gameplay mechanic. The way you will have to shift between the souls/stances sounds interesting.

• MooczaczoMooczaczo Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Finally we will see "Taunt"  in GW2 and  "Plot Twist" can be used in pvp. Good Job

• NekoameNekoame Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I'm looking forward for the new content. Revenant seems an interesting class and I will roll one as soon as possible thanks to your review, guys
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 627
    The most exciting thing I learned about the Revenant this week is that it's a heavy armor class and that the class can throw a fricken hammer!! Being a big comic book / Marvel (Marvel heroes) nerd I'm thinking I need a Revenant named "Thor"!!!

• Afro-ThunderAfro-Thunder Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Legends, new weapon skills. This will probably bring me back to the game to try out. This new class sounds really cool!
  • AllyniaAllynia Member Posts: 23
    Really looking forward to this expansion. The Revenant is bringing back some of the great aspects of GW1. Here's hoping for a release this year.

GTST Legion is currently looking for all classes.

Visit http://gtstlegion.com to apply and join a casual, mature legion.

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

Legendary Dwarf Stance sounds awesome!  I played a Dwarf Ironbreaker in WAR.  The taunt mechanics were nice in PVP.  Really made for some interesting battles.

I'm excited for Revenant!

• ThaddyMakThaddyMak Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I've been considering getting back into the game and all this new stuff like the Revenant class and new skills are motivating me to do it.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I've leveled every class in the game so I'm looking forward to putting the Rev through his paces and swapping some serious legends for the win.  See you in-game.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ChosedarkChosedark Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Well there is a lot of stuff that looks promising in this expansion. The revenant introduce a very neat mechanic, which I didn't expect. The ability to focus entities from the mist definitely got my interest. Looking forward to learn more!
  • VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566
    Invoking the legends of the Mist is something i have missed from my GW1 days of playing as Ritualist and Dervish. The possibilities are endless with what legends we could get... Master Togo!!

Also happy that the hammer and mace don't have an awful slow 3rd chain attack.

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

This expansion looks promising for GW 2.  It has dark tones, so far revealed, & this new Revenant class is enticing by description.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Looking forward to Taunt and how it will change the meta. I am looking forward to swapping utility skills similar to a weapon. Should make it easier for them to tweak it's strengths and weaknesses. Also, being able to choose between two healing skills on the fly sounds pretty nice.
  • I love free stuff!  I can't wait to try the Revenant profession.  I'm sure to enjoy tanking like a dwarf.  One think Arena Net does well with GW2 is combat.  I have no doubt the new Revenant will be a great addition.
  • jepicjepic Member CommonPosts: 2
    I like the idea of the revenent being able to swap out his utility slots much like how other classes swap out their weapon slots
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Can you say Ritualist Part 2 !!!
This discussion has been closed.