Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loyalty Program Mount a Big Joke on Day 1 players.

13»

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by fistorm
    Originally posted by udon

Well it is a reward for people who have stuck with them though the whole process since launch not just most of it so I don't see much of a issue myself.  And I let my sub lapse after the first 3 months so no I'm not getting the mount either.

Maybe they should have other rewards for the less loyal but it is their choice also.

Thats just it, they have a hat for the ones who were loyal the whole time, they claim this is the reward for those who showed lapse in subs.

As stated "Our goal in designing setting the criteria for eligibility was to ensure that we reward players who have been with us from the start, but to allow for the occasional lapse in subscription, as well"

So bottom line is, this is suppose to be the reward for members who were less loyal then every single month..  No other rewards for less loyalty then that.

No rewards for starting day one with them and suffering through those first three months and then decide to sub with them during their transition... sad really.

Those people get the mount, too.. or am I missing something? I don't see where the issue is. 

I'm with you I don't see the issue. It's just a mount for people who have "mostly" been loyal.

I suppose the OP is looking for the "I'm Uber loyal" gift?

As it is I'm getting one and I'll delete it. I don't see why a character of mine would be riding a tiger.

I'm jelly of ur tiger, sir.

I'm gonna call the jelly school mkay.

I'm serious, though. I really want that mount. :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

which part of

"Our goal in designing setting the criteria for eligibility was to ensure that we reward players who have been with us from the start"

you didn't understand?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

It's a special reward for those who stayed loyal  the whole time. What part of that don't you understand?

Suffered from the beginning? Give me a break. You know damn well the kinds of launch issues which could happen, doubly so for a game which everybody had reason to believe was rushed out before it was ready. Yes it sucks, but nobody forced you to 'suffer' through it. Plus you obviously didn't suffer too much, since you don't qualify for the reward. 

Why does everyone feel entitled to things these days? This is a little something extra they wanted to do as a thank you. They didn't have to do this at all. They owe you nothing for your business other than access to the game you paid for. Get over it and stop being greedy. 

Does anyone else remember when the only reward for playing a game was the game experience itself? Why the hell does everything seem to need some extra incentive tacked onto it these days? Ugh. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• SunnybeachSunnybeach Member CommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I think this is good. They are recognizing those who stayed with them. If their cutoff is a year, then that's their choice. But I like that they are honoring customer loyalty.

When I played Anarchy Online, Funcom had made an offer to entice players to return to the game by offering a helmet that had an XP gain bonus given to players who returned with a 12 month subscription. No small token of appreciation. This thing had stats.

There were many players who had been paying for years with annual subscriptions who stayed and got nothing. They were pissed. Rightly so in my eyes. FC's response to the outcry was that past customers got appreciation from FC by receiving discounted annual subscriptions and all the money they saved. LOL, Yes, they actually said that in their forums to the player base.  And that only added gasoline to the fire.

Anyway, Kudos to a company that recognizes player loyalty.

If by "loyalty", you mean those that payed the most, than you are correct, as this mount is simply just that. You could have been a customer only in past few months, then buy additional months prior to B2P and still get it. Which means there is no cut off, or "were you there when we launched" or anything similar. It's just "how much you have payed so far".

They are just masking that as "loyalty" and using the term "from the start" as a PR statement to draw the most naive players.

Originally posted by Sunnybeach

I think this is good. They are recognizing those who stayed with them. If their cutoff is a year, then that's their choice. But I like that they are honoring customer loyalty.

When I played Anarchy Online, Funcom had made an offer to entice players to return to the game by offering a helmet that had an XP gain bonus given to players who returned with a 12 month subscription. No small token of appreciation. This thing had stats.

There were many players who had been paying for years with annual subscriptions who stayed and got nothing. They were pissed. Rightly so in my eyes. FC's response to the outcry was that past customers got appreciation from FC by receiving discounted annual subscriptions and all the money they saved. LOL, Yes, they actually said that in their forums to the player base.  And that only added gasoline to the fire.

If by "loyalty", you mean those that payed the most, than you are correct, as this mount is simply just that. You could have been a customer only in past few months, then buy additional months prior to B2P and still get it. Which means there is no cut off, or "were you there when we launched" or anything similar. It's just "how much you have payed so far".

They are just masking that as "loyalty" and using the term "from the start" as a PR statement to draw the most naive players.

errrm..... if you didn't pay all time, how loyal were you exactly? you left, thx, not loyal enough for the reward, seems legit.

now get over it.

Originally posted by Thane

errrm..... if you didn't pay all time, how loyal were you exactly? you left, thx, not loyal enough for the reward, seems legit.

now get over it.

You don't understand. But I will simplify it for you.

You have two players. One was with them since the start and managed to accumulate slightly less than 300 payed days of playing. Than she/he quits for whatever the reason.

The other payed for 120 days. Which would put this player as someone who started playing somewhere around October. Then, one day before B2P launch, she/he buys another 180 days. 

First person doesn't get the mount, while the second does.

Now, we all could use the Kardashian logic and say that whoever payed the most, is the most loyal. But, according to official wording: "Our goal in designing setting the criteria for eligibility was to ensure that we reward players who have been with us from the start, but to allow for the occasional lapse in subscription, as well. " that first person, who indeed was with them from the start, is not eligible for getting this mount, simply because she/he didn't pay them enough. While the second person, who wasn't there at the start, is.

This is just another example of ZOS' ambiguous PR. It basically says that it doesn't matter if you were with them "from the start", but if you payed them for 300 days. If there was an option to pay for 1 year, you could buy the game one month prior to B2P, buy a 1 year sub and you would suddenly be among their most "loyal" customers. It's Kardashian logic, but I do understand you sharing it.

which part of "now get over it" was too hard`to understand?

it's THEIR game, it's THEIR rules, and i think those rules are totaly legit.ä

let me simplyfy it for you: you payed from day one to now, you get it, you didn't? then you won't get it, no matter how much you will write and cry.

WITH THEM FROM THE START TILL NOW! 

understand? yes? good. and seriously, you post again? i couldn't care less, tried my best to explain it to you. you won't understand it? fine. not my prob. but what i tend to notice, nbot alot of people listen to crying kids as much as their mommies, so i doubt you will get your mount for "your rules" and how "you would like it".

of cors devs want money. of cors people who actually WORK wanna be payed. of cors they encourage the people who pay alot. that is normal. if you don't like it, quite frankly, i couldn't care less, have fun "explaining" it again, but as said above, not listening anymore, hf.

Loyalty rewards arrive in your in-game mail after a set amount of paid days pass, not after a set amount is paid for. The loyalty program also ends with TU.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by Orious

Uhm... there are multiple loyalty rewards. This is just the final one.

How many were there before? 4 month, 6 month? I only remember the wraith and the sphere. so you get a reward every 3-4 months up until unlimited. 

It will only be a joke if they add the wraith and the sphere to the cash shop and it costs less than the sub prices to reach them previously.

Im sure their recoloring masters artists will think of something.

*spots 2 recolored guar mounts and few recolored horses in cash shop already*

:)

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

The other payed for 120 days. Which would put this player as someone who started playing somewhere around October. Then, one day before B2P launch, she/he buys another 180 days. 

I don't think the second person does.

First of there isn't 180 day sub option anymore.

Secondly you have to accumulate the days prior to the launch. So buying the fictional 180 day sub one day before means you have accumulated one day. The second person in your example therefore has 121 days, not 300.

That's what I'm guessing with how they have worded it. Having paid for game time after the 17th March is irrelevant.

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419
    Originally posted by immodium

Secondly you have to accumulate the days prior to the launch. So buying the fictional 180 day sub one day before means you have accumulated one day. The second person in your example therefore has 121 days, not 300.

That's what I'm guessing with how they have worded it. Having paid for game time after the 17th March is irrelevant.

This is what i think also. Plus for the one's that are missing like a few weeks to reach that 300 days they could just add a sub right now to complete it and still get the mount if they have that 300days total paid before the lunch date inside that last sub.

You have two players. One was with them since the start and managed to accumulate slightly less than 300 payed days of playing. Than she/he quits for whatever the reason.

The second person does not get a mount. Even if they found some way to buy a fictional 180-day sub, the remaining days would not fulfill until long after the Loyalty Program has ended.

The second person does not get a mount. Even if they found some way to buy a fictional 180-day sub, the remaining days would not fulfill until long after the Loyalty Program has ended.

From ESO page:

WILL I BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE STRIPED SENCHE MOUNT?

Updated 02/17/2015 04:15 PM          Published 02/12/2015 10:54 PM

Players whose total amount of paid subscription time adds up to 300 days prior to March 16, 2015 and who are active subscribers when we transition to Tamriel Unlimited will qualify for the Striped Senche mount. Although the 300 days do not need to have elapsed prior to March 16, 2015, please note that neither the 30 days of game time included with the initial game purchase nor any days compensated to players by Customer Support count toward the required number of paid days.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

Players whose total amount of paid subscription time adds up to 300 days prior to March 16, 2015 and who are active subscribers when we transition to Tamriel Unlimited will qualify for the Striped Senche mount. Although the 300 days do not need to have elapsed prior to March 16, 2015, please note that neither the 30 days of game time included with the initial game purchase nor any days compensated to players by Customer Support count toward the required number of paid days.

Then why are people complaining?

While 'loyalty' may be a misnomer that was its original design. But as with this thread people whined and cried about it. So they made it 300 days. To accommodate people who may have had a lapse of a day or few since launch. When they made that accommodation they made it more lenient. Now if you want to go out and spend a bunch of money on game time cards JUST to get the mount you can do so. But that really says more about the player than ZoS.

Its a loophole not a pay gate or paid for mount. But if someone does spend the money to subscribe for the amount of time necessary then you could still spin it as 'loyalty' I suppose but it would be a hard sell.

But right now the only way to get the mount  is to accumulate 300 days worth of paid subscription time. Paid for BEFORE March 16th.

Its so awesome watching the people trying to hate on this game use every angle of every decision that ZoS makes to spin it into a negative. 

First ots "I cant get the mount because I missed a few days subbing". Then its "I will only have 250 days not 300 so I get screwed" Even though 50 days is almost 2 months. To "well this isnt a loyalty mount its a paid for mount because all you need to do is spend enough on subscriptions to get it".

The semantics game is always fun. Bottomline is if you want it you can get it, but finding enough time cards to qualify will be pretty difficult at this point probably.

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

Funny thing is, you will get ppl who have subbed to the game the required time BUT bitched and moaned about the game etc etc

Then those who don't qualify but the time they were playing they tried to promote the game etc etc

So it's basically just rewarding who ever paid the most, not loyalty since those long term players who bitched and moaned will have helped turn away players, whereas those who only subbed x amount BUT tried to promote it, stood up for it, well, they will have helped keep people playing and in turn helped generate more income.

From ESO page:

WILL I BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE STRIPED SENCHE MOUNT?

Well I'll be... 

Ok, I guess you're right, Sunny. Sorry about that. I just... wow. :/

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by fistorm
    Originally posted by udon
    Well it is a reward for people who have stuck with them though the whole process since launch not just most of it so I don't see much of a issue myself.  And I let my sub lapse after the first 3 months so no I'm not getting the mount either. Maybe they should have other rewards for the less loyal but it is their choice also.

Thats just it, they have a hat for the ones who were loyal the whole time, they claim this is the reward for those who showed lapse in subs.

As stated "Our goal in designing setting the criteria for eligibility was to ensure that we reward players who have been with us from the start, but to allow for the occasional lapse in subscription, as well"

So bottom line is, this is suppose to be the reward for members who were less loyal then every single month..  No other rewards for less loyalty then that.

No rewards for starting day one with them and suffering through those first three months and then decide to sub with them during their transition... sad really.

Those people get the mount, too.. or am I missing something? I don't see where the issue is. 

I'm with you I don't see the issue. It's just a mount for people who have "mostly" been loyal.

I suppose the OP is looking for the "I'm Uber loyal" gift?

As it is I'm getting one and I'll delete it. I don't see why a character of mine would be riding a tiger.

I'm jelly of ur tiger, sir.

I'm gonna call the jelly school mkay.

You know there really isn't a jelly school.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

No, he's right. And the 180 day sub is back.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

I figured out a way to get the mount, I'm getting one.  wOOOt!

Heres what you do, buy X months worth of game time cards $30 two month cards.  Add them to your account until you have the full 10 months paid for, and bam!  You got the mount.  I'm glad I found that out.  I thought I wouldnt have a tiger there for a while. Day is saved, only needed to pick up two of them, so $60 worth of game cards did the trick.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Put that way this is more of an "incentive" rather than a "loyalty" play. Probably some people wondering whether to renew in the final 29 days

And I really hope people don't go out of way to "pay a sub" for time after March 16th (basically buy crowns) as doing so, imo, will send Zenimax a message:

• forget about content just put things in the cash shop.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Iselin

Oh, It's not showing for me (UK).

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Iselin

Oh, It's not showing for me (UK).

They might not be active yet... maybe it won't happen before the 17th...not 100% sure. But here are the ESO Plus options:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26432

• 30-day

• USD: $14.99

• Euro: 12,99€

• GBP: £8.99

• 90-day

• USD: $13.99 / 30 days

• Euro: 11,99€ / 30 days

• GBP: £7.99 / 30 days

• 180-day

• USD: $12.99 / 30 days

• Euro: 10,99€ / 30 days

• GBP: £6.99 / 30 days

EDIT: found the answer...

ON WHAT DATE WILL THE 180-DAY SUBSCRIPTION OPTION LISTED IN THE FAQ BECOME AVAILABLE FOR PLAYERS TO SWAP TO?

Updated 02/17/2015 07:35 PM          Published 01/22/2015 07:29 PM

The 180-day ESO Plus option will become available on March 17, 2015 when The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited launches.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by Torval

There will be other versions of the same mount. It won't have that exact color or armour but there will be other versions. So if you want that mount but don't want to spend $100 to catch up the sub time you could always just buy one with your Crowns when the shop goes live.

Who wants to bet "tiger mount" will be available in cash shop on console launch or shorty after? :):)