Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

decent casual mmos?

TheSickSoulTheSickSoul Member Posts: 1
Hello. I'm new to the forums. I am looking for an MMO. i'm not a fan of GW2 i was for a little bit but it just got boring with everything being vanity and the monotony of the dungeons. Not to mention the fact that there has not been any new decent content besides living story since the 2 years it's been out. the top tier stuff is insanely time consuming to get as well. what i'm looking for is an MMO with a reasonable leveling curve, (doesn't take months on end to get to max kind of like GW2) but also with progression that is reasonable. Also one that doesn't have a ton of Monkey Buttoning (cluttered action bars).  F2P preferably without P2W or games like LOTRO that make you jump through hoops to play your class (buying a class trait on the lotro store) I don't  mind if it has a cash shop just so long as it doesn't break the game for other people. I seem to be enjoying RIFT but before i get any farther into it are there any others worthy of mention? 

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    marvel heroes ... leveling is reasonably fast, and you can level MANY heroes.
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Give Secret World a try.  You can test out a free trial and it's got a pretty amazing storyline and setting.  Very different kind of MMO (modern day X-Files) theme...
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

LotRO Premium.

Do a month of V.I.P. and it will premium the account. Any characters active at the time will have traits unlocked and they stay that way after the account reverts to premium. It also unlocks crafting guilds, a number of zones that can get you to 85 without expansions. I'd actually suggest doing 3 months V.I.P. as it gives you time to unlock a lot of deeds as well.

• cheesymamoncheesymamon Member CommonPosts: 5
    There are a lot of MMO's that you can play, but if you like to try an old school like of MMORPG you may try Rohan most likely if you like PvP xD image
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Although i am not a fan of SOE anymore ,EQ2 is free to play,everything outside of Dungeons can be soloed.It is possible to slol some dungeons butyou will need to be near the end of the loot table level which is Green i believe or maybe was Blue.Either way you sill still struggle soloing those dungeons,but for simple questing,easy to play it is your best bet.

Well another game i played for 6 months was kind cool and can be played totally free but again only the questing not the tough Dungeons is ROM "Runes of Magic".It has a few unique ideas and uses a sub class system.The game world would likely be rather dead but so will every game at lower levels.

Me personally ,i would love to see FFXI go f2p but i know Square Enix would never do it,i could play that game forever over all the stuff i see now a days.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• lunalovebadlunalovebad Member CommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by cheesymamon
    There are a lot of MMO's that you can play, but if you like to try an old school like of MMORPG you may try Rohan most likely if you like PvP xD image

I was gonna mention this game, >.< I hate you cheesymamon, you stole my idea. :D 

You should try Rohan, Dungeons are not as monotonous as your current game because it's full of people, the community is active as well. Also I heard that they have a new update to be released this month. There are other games out there like aion (with flight system - if you want to pvp on air! LOL), lineage and WOW.