Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG amazing new trailer

DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

check  this out

http://youtu.be/FbUmYyhKMcM

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    not sure I would call it amazing.  Not bad or anything.
  • ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by DocBrody

check  this out

http://youtu.be/FbUmYyhKMcM

Is your topic title sincere?

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

the cinematic trailers released with the game are far and away better IMO

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Just an advertisement video for the game and nothing new to boot.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    It's ok, at least they're using in-game graphics though, I feel that most games using CGI cinematics is just their way of saying,'this will sell our game better than our game will sell our game.'
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by baphamet

the cinematic trailers released with the game are far and away better IMO

Also much, much more expensive!

All those Sith Warrior cutscenes gave me fond flashbacks. So much style! Go Sith Warrior!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Never understood why gamers get excited over trailers. I find them next to irrelevant regarding actual gameplay. 
    Originally posted by flizzer
    Never understood why gamers get excited over trailers. I find them next to irrelevant regarding actual gameplay. 

That was pretty much all gameplay, Flizzer.

I've been through many of the scenes that they showed there.

Also, Marr's a badass. Nice to hear him narrate the whole thing. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Heh. i was thinking how bad it looked compared to when they were launching and how much they spent on their trailers then.

Can understand them cutting way back, but still...might as well use in game footage at least then it is shows gameplay.

And no i do not think that was gameplay...a cut scene maybe..but not gameplay.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

This.

Every time I see a trailer I skip it and look for gameplay.  Then if I like the gameplay I go back and watch the trailers.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100

I dunno, I'm pretty impressed by the one for Cyberpunk 2077. I've watched it, like, 20 times, but then I was really into Cyberpunk pnp.

Originally posted by Adjuvant1

I dunno, I'm pretty impressed by the one for Cyberpunk 2077. I've watched it, like, 20 times, but then I was really into Cyberpunk pnp.

Oh yeah, I've seen that one many times too. 

I also used to watch the Hellgate London trailer a lot. Lets hope that Cyberpunk 2077 winds up much better than that game did.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade
    Originally posted by baphamet the cinematic trailers released with the game are far and away better IMO
    Also much, much more expensive!

All those Sith Warrior cutscenes gave me fond flashbacks. So much style! Go Sith Warrior!

true, but just saying......those were amazing trailers, not this. even though this one seemed to be in game content, unlike those cinematic trailers.

i can still watch those trailers and get pumped for the game, they are awesome!

• CalgorCalgor Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    Dunno.

It'd have been nice if this was actually more than just an ad. There's a lot of things swtor needs. Some of them are: class defection to other faction, replay story, switch alternate classes, BUG FIXES and balance.

Look, I know that the first three require a LOT of time, money and ingenuity around the game's code, but! "No pain, no gain, right matey?"

How do they expect to accomplish anything without putting any really effort in is beyond me...

WHA? Whats the point when the classes are mirrored?

And switching ACs will never happen, nor should it.

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Originally posted by DocBrody

OMG amazing new trailer

Gets excited.

Realizes it's about SWTOR

Rolls Eyes

• DemandmanDemandman Member Posts: 57
    Sockpuppet?
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    After watching the trailer I'm mostly struck by how dated SWTOR's graphics look.  Not sure that's even on par with WoW's new character models.
  • ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by reeereee
    After watching the trailer I'm mostly struck by how dated SWTOR's graphics look.  Not sure that's even on par with WoW's new character models.

I think they're pretty close to one another, without adding up and comparing actual poly or bone count. With the character models being comparable in articulation to SWTOR, it's just that WoW's visual style "pops" with many different races and body types against SWTOR's "50 shades of human."

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

The story driven action is getting better and better. It honestly is just about top of the industry. The last couple content patches offered some very fun stuff ... and then reality hits.

The engine still is the primary restriction haunting real, large content additions. The story is exactly that, a story with a beginning and an end. Once done the game turns into a daily game. No other options. Even the pvp is a grind fest only to repeat itself all over again when the new season hits.

My point is if you are tired of this from the years of repetitive grind then you will get tired of this too. It is a game my friends and I keep returning to, become excited while absorbing the story and content ... and then leave in 2 months when all content has been repeated a dozen times. You want that rep mount? Go run a dungeon you have run 20 times another 20 times in order to get the shiny tokens to buy it ... and this isn't even the new content.

I, personally, am done with it.

The game is correct on focusing on story. That is what the core players want but the game turns back into Themepark clone #34 far too fast after every content push. Story mmos are not for everyone but they have proven (within the right IP) to be very fun and successful. The issue is that the current crop made the mistake of templating their game off of market successes from 10 years ago. We now see the major flaws. Perhaps some day an new way to make a mmo that supports story driven content will be created. Until that time Swtor will always drown in it's own limitations.

You stay sassy!

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    average trailer,waiting for STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT!