Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for extreme casual PvE co-op

pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

I've come a long way from hardcore grind MMOs and am completely burned out on PvP. I'm just looking for a MMO where I can group with other players, clear through some content and experience some stories. I'm not looking for competitive anything, nothing that requires twitch skill, no aiming, no FPS, don't care about crafting, and don't want to be segregated from other players because of content. F2P is a bonus but not at all required. Healthy population is required.

The closest I have found was Path of Exile but I tend to wander and kill aimlessly and find myself gated from players my own level because I haven't completed the same parts of stories they have.

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Originally posted by pierth

I've come a long way from hardcore grind MMOs and am completely burned out on PvP. I'm just looking for a MMO where I can group with other players, clear through some content and experience some stories. I'm not looking for competitive anything, nothing that requires twitch skill, no aiming, no FPS, don't care about crafting, and don't want to be segregated from other players because of content. F2P is a bonus but not at all required. Healthy population is required.

The closest I have found was Path of Exile but I tend to wander and kill aimlessly and find myself gated from players my own level because I haven't completed the same parts of stories they have.

GW2: Slightly twitchy but there's groups at all levels and you don't have to group, just join in on the chaos and move on.

Rift: at level 10 you get "instant adventure" mode. Basically the game puts you in a party and teleports you zone to zone to do quests with other folks. Drop in/out whenever you want.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    The vast majority of titles released in the last decade. It really aint hard to find watered down wow clones.
  • pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Rift would probably be the closest since you can use macros. WoW and its clones would be okay but I'm not a fan of hey don't stand in fire etc etc- seriously- looking for elderly paced games. I'll have to take a look at GW2 again but the rolling and jumping puzzles were too twitchy for my taste. Plus GW2's story was abysmal.

I may have to retreat back to P99 if I can get it to load again. It's grindy as anything but I can still jump into groups and waste a couple of hours with little real effort

• HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

If you can handle "aiming" (everything is a huge target and is slow) then I could recommend you trove.

All the content is super easy PVE, you can group with randoms or your friends, if you choose the gunner you can cheese every boss fight easily by using their super jump to get to high places where almost every boss can't hit you.

It has no death penalty to speak of, if you get bored of killing nonthreatening NPCs you can build your house or find stuff for crafting.

It's also f2p and the cash shop wasn't p2w last I played.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Worth a try then, thanks all.