Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game with a class that melees with a staff

2»

Comments

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Check out Age of Wulin it is a oriental based mmo and has staff fighters in that game.

• chalkzchalkz Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by jezvin

Any games out there with a staff based class. Like the friar in DAOC but I don't want to play daoc.

Something that can specialize in melee useing a staff as a primary weapon.

Thanks.

Swordsman is a kungfu mmo and the monk  uses staffs to shight 

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Bloodaxes

Aion's chanter animations are pretty cool looking but healing is not my thing.

chanters dont heal, clerics do :>

anyway, i did that on my archage toon in early game. roguestyle with staff was quite neat.

i think you might run into probs with finding good agi items for endgame tho.... never passed lvl 40 there :P

also, monks in WoW can use staves. if they us weapons ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

It's jsut somthing to pass the time right.

I know alot of MMOs and I like the concept of this but I honestly cannot think of any class in any game that does it besides DAOC friar. I bet there is some EQ class or somthing that does but I don't know.

Oh how I miss my Tuurgin Shaman.

• OjinasOjinas Member Posts: 10
    Monks in Diablo III wears staff and uses it in combat. 
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    So this isn't as rare as one would think.  Rift has a cleric class that uses mele.  SWTOR, Mortal Online, Age of Wushu,
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • hamlin24hamlin24 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I'm going to second the other guy who suggested DDO.  Not only does the Rogue have a sub-class called Thief-Acrobat, but Monk also has a staff subclass called Henshin Mystic.  Added bonus: no one is going to give you crap because you're not casting spells.  Hitting stuff with your staff is what you're SUPPOSED to do.  Should be right up your alley.
  • AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648

Any games out there with a staff based class. Like the friar in DAOC but I don't want to play daoc.

Thanks.

Age of Wushu has a dedicated staff using class and is a little something different from standard MMO fare.  It's a FTP title so you can try it out first if you like :)

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by Airwren

Thanks.

Age of Wushu has a dedicated staff using class and is a little something different from standard MMO fare.  It's a FTP title so you can try it out first if you like :)

You do realize he posted this 5 years ago right?

• UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521
    My guess though he is still looking for his answer (if he's still kicking around).  Nothing's changed since (ok -- add ESO).

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

ESO sort of. You can use class magicka based melee abilities while using a staff. You don't use the staff animation though. The abilities have their own. E.g. is Nightblade which often appears fine when you use your left arm for the animation but when your staff vanishes in favor of the animation (big time for Templar) it can certainly ruin the feel your staff plays any part of it.

As mentioned Lotro's Loremaster can lay out some serious whoopins with staff and sword combo. Was my fav class in that game.

You stay sassy!

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    NECRO REPORTED USELESS THREAD.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521
    Sorry it was useless for you.  I was quite interested in reading it.

This discussion has been closed.