Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlantica Online: New Player Starter Pack Giveaway!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

UPDATE (Feb. 17th): In addition to the above, players who score a key, level up to 50 and then invite a friend to play Atlantica Online will score even more gifts for both their friend and themselves. Rewards will be handed out to both the "Junior" and "Senior" players. You can check out the full table of rewards on the Atlantica Online site.

MMORPG.com has been given special gift keys for new players to Atlantica Online. These keys will give you many special in game items including Assassin's Clothes, Hellish Ride and more! Get your key now while supplies last!

Each key will grant a new player the following:

• Assassin’s Clothes (30 Days)

• Defense: 1100

• Strength: +60

• Dexterity: +60

• Intelligence: +60

• Vitality: +100

• Assassin’s Bandana(30 Days)

• Defense: 700

• Vitality: +60

• Dexterity: +60

• Intelligence: +60

• Critical: 20

• Hellish Ride(30 Days)

• Attack Power: 750-850

• Defense: 14000

• Strength: +500

• Dexterity: +500

• Intelligence: +200

• Vitality: +550

• Critical: +10

• Magic: [Nether Force Lv. 1]

• Movement Speed: +20%

• Special Ability: Food/Potion/Scroll use effects increased by 20%

• Demon’s Sickle (30 Days)

• Attack Power: 2150-2250

• Defense: 500

• Strength: +20

• Dexterity: +20

• Vitality: +460

• Magic: [Death's Eye Lv. 1]

• Bai Xian Mercenary(One of the most popular mercenaries in Shaolin Corps Mercenary)

• Corps Mercenaries skills level automatically

• Bai Xian is part of the Shaolin Corps Legion

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682
    Am I understanding this correctly: most of these items you only get for fixed period of time (30 days)? Is the whole game like this, where you rent gear?
  • grindingamergrindingamer Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by PhelimReagh
    Am I understanding this correctly: most of these items you only get for fixed period of time (30 days)? Is the whole game like this, where you rent gear?

Everything in the game is perm, you keep what you earn. Hellish ride is one of the best looking mounts

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

The game had great potential at some point. Unfortunately, now it is only a huge cash grab.

To expect: temporary items, cash shop needed to repair your equipment at high level, 30 bucks per month just to play the game on par with the others (Warrior's Package and Blessing License) and, the worst offender, gamble boxes containing some of the best gear in game. Gamble boxes = 5-10 bucks to roll for two good items out of 20 or 40.

Also, some of the best mercenaries are cash shop only, the full deal (the mercenary plus books and upgrade gems) going for over 100 bucks. If you are really really patient, they have some cool events from time to time where you are practically "gifted" some premium items, but it's also a cash grab scheme most of the time, like mercenaries without books so you'll have to buy them from the cash shop, fishing contests where you have to buy bait from the cash shop for cool rewards etc.

Also, expect inflated prices on everything - many players have a ton of alts, solo farm raids and fully control the market.

Just saying these for you to know what you'd get into - on the other hand, I'd play a subscription Atlantica (where everything can be obtained by playing the game) as my main MMO, the game is great in its own way, considering that there is nothing else like it on the market.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Lets be honest pretty much any f2p mmorpg will be a cash grab. But selling the best gear in game in a cash shop is a big no-no in my book. Also you need cash shop to repair gear from normal use? WTF?

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• IsidiusIsidius Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Game used to be good until Nexon got their greedy hands on it and ruined it. One of the worst cash shops out there.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Originally posted by Isidius
    Game used to be good until Nexon got their greedy hands on it and ruined it. One of the worst cash shops out there.

It had a bad cash shop before as well, so Nexon didn't really ruin it, it ruined it self. 

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    It started with very very limited bank slots. I uninstalled right away.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by grindingamer

Everything in the game is perm, you keep what you earn. Hellish ride is one of the best looking mounts

Nonsense, lots of things are rent only.  One of the worst cash shop games period.  Avoid at all costs.  Shame as it is not a bad game without the cash shop idiocies.

Originally posted by yaminsux

90 spots is not very limited?

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Nonsense, lots of things are rent only.  One of the worst cash shop games period.  Avoid at all costs.  Shame as it is not a bad game without the cash shop idiocies.

Are we talking about the same game? Only licences are time based but everything else is perm no?

• Moonchild316Moonchild316 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks!!!!
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

Note it started, not "I started". Back when it was first released, you get 10 bank slots. The rest you have to rent....rent!

Note it started, not "I started". Back when it was first released, you get 10 bank slots. The rest you have to rent....rent!

Seems like they learned lol. You start with 90 now, I would have quit with 10 lol

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Any game that needs to give away keys to get gamers to try it is going to be a bunch of arse !

• WNxMacroWNxMacro Member Posts: 3

Seems like they learned lol. You start with 90 now, I would have quit with 10 lol

okay guys to clear this up. you started with 10 yes, but you had 9 characters ( main + 8 mercs) who could hold 10 each. => 90 slots. now you start with 90 slots but the mercs don't have their own slots anymore. there is now a warehouse where you can put extra items in for a very small amount of gold.

Originally posted by simmihi

The game had great potential at some point. Unfortunately, now it is only a huge cash grab.

To expect: temporary items, cash shop needed to repair your equipment at high level, 30 bucks per month just to play the game on par with the others (Warrior's Package and Blessing License) and, the worst offender, gamble boxes containing some of the best gear in game. Gamble boxes = 5-10 bucks to roll for two good items out of 20 or 40.

Also, some of the best mercenaries are cash shop only, the full deal (the mercenary plus books and upgrade gems) going for over 100 bucks. If you are really really patient, they have some cool events from time to time where you are practically "gifted" some premium items, but it's also a cash grab scheme most of the time, like mercenaries without books so you'll have to buy them from the cash shop, fishing contests where you have to buy bait from the cash shop for cool rewards etc.

Also, expect inflated prices on everything - many players have a ton of alts, solo farm raids and fully control the market.

Just saying these for you to know what you'd get into - on the other hand, I'd play a subscription Atlantica (where everything can be obtained by playing the game) as my main MMO, the game is great in its own way, considering that there is nothing else like it on the market.

there are not temporary items except licenses. 

all repair is for gold if you can craft the items. if you can't you can ask a friend who can( even legendary gear is repairable).

warrior package and blessing license are not needed, and you can get them with gold too. i asume you don't play the game becouse  if you would  you would know.

the IM mercs are far from being the best. you can get like 95% of the mercs for free from events if you actually spend time on the game. same for books. 

the rest of your words show me that you have no idea what you are talking about so i will belive you have never played this game at all.

• jjyiz28jjyiz28 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Originally posted by WNxMacro

all repair is for gold if you can craft the items. if you can't you can ask a friend who can( even legendary gear is repairable).

warrior package and blessing license are not needed, and you can get them with gold too. i asume you don't play the game becouse  if you would  you would know.

the IM mercs are far from being the best. you can get like 95% of the mercs for free from events if you actually spend time on the game. same for books. 

the rest of your words show me that you have no idea what you are talking about so i will belive you have never played this game at all.

just because you CAN get the warrior and blessing license with ingame gold, doesn't mean that its feasibly affordable to buy everyone month. 

and just because you don't NEED so and so mercenary or a blessing license every month, you seriously are gimping yourself too badly to compete or pve farm. 

and you just created this account with 2 posts under your belt just to reply to this..

yes i only have 2 posts as well, but at least my account isn't a fresh account, its been created on 2007.

you smell and reek of a nexon employee/gm

• ArchAngel73ArchAngel73 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I've been playing this game for 6 yrs and have never spent a dime in IM. EVERYTHING that is in the IM you can buy w/ in game gold. The only thing as someone pointed out that is temp is the licenses and honestly you really don't need them unless you suck real bad. They are giving you to start with a taste of what you can get if you work for it. Nexon is not the best company in the gaming industry but they do have events every month and they do giveaway a lot of useful stuff to players with those events. If you just play the game and not worry what everyone else has then you will enjoy yourself but if you get obsessed with what the other players have then you will hate this game right away. I'm not a Nexon employee, I'm a long term player that enjoys if nothing in this game the turn based combat system. I don't IM, I run my dailys on the weekend, Town quests and dairy during the week and TBS only once a week. I'm not rich but I get by.

I've also played this for the past 4 years on and off, but I always come back. I don't spend in the cash shop as everyone says you could earn everything in game. You make enough money mid game that you can enjoy the game with your guild and nation. 

PvP is the only place you need to worry about gold since you need godly gear if you want to win Titan, but the game has to make money somewhere. Stay away from this game if you are lazy! Leveling 9 mercenaries is a pain when most cant level 1 character. Put effort in this game you will truly enjoy it!! 

1. Not only there are temporary items (see all atlacong rewards) but there are also items that get DELETED  - you participate in an event, you get an item labeled as "event", and at the end of the event, the item is deleted.

2. When you need repairing, you usually kinda need it "now". Looking for online friends (which you might not have) with high enough skill to repair (takes years or tons of money to achieve) is not a solution.

For non-players: you run around with 9 guys (actually, more, as you change formation depending on what you're doing) which wear 10 items each. These items decrease durability in time. Looking for "some friend" to repair a piece whenever that drops to zero is very very inconvenient.

3. Blessing license gives you 150% damage and 150% xp and 110% defense. It is mandatory for every serious regular player (except the whales who are usually strong enough not to need them).

The high level zones were created with the need of warrior package in mind. North America without teleportation is running 15minutes from the quest  giver to the quest, while avoiding mobs in dungeons

4. Some IM mercs are great - when i left the game, Attila was the king of TBS (your main gold source), Vampire was in every pvp formation, Christine was in most people's team as a good all-arounder

5. Let the community decide who played more. I'm just here to warn people about what they're getting into. If you enjoy Nexon's tactics, good for you.

Originally posted by simmihi

1. Not only there are temporary items (see all atlacong rewards) but there are also items that get DELETED  - you participate in an event, you get an item labeled as "event", and at the end of the event, the item is deleted.

2. When you need repairing, you usually kinda need it "now". Looking for online friends (which you might not have) with high enough skill to repair (takes years or tons of money to achieve) is not a solution.

For non-players: you run around with 9 guys (actually, more, as you change formation depending on what you're doing) which wear 10 items each. These items decrease durability in time. Looking for "some friend" to repair a piece whenever that drops to zero is very very inconvenient.

3. Blessing license gives you 150% damage and 150% xp and 110% defense. It is mandatory for every serious regular player (except the whales who are usually strong enough not to need them).

The high level zones were created with the need of warrior package in mind. North America without teleportation is running 15minutes from the quest  giver to the quest, while avoiding mobs in dungeons

4. Some IM mercs are great - when i left the game, Attila was the king of TBS (your main gold source), Vampire was in every pvp formation, Christine was in most people's team as a good all-arounder

5. Let the community decide who played more. I'm just here to warn people about what they're getting into. If you enjoy Nexon's tactics, good for you.

it's nice of you to warn people but don't do it with outdated information.

it's nice of you to warn people but don't do it with outdated information.

Where am I wrong , what is outdated? I've just wrote the truth - what do you want me to write? That Atlantica Online has changed in such a way in the last months (it's less than a year since I've left the game) that now the game is thriving and not pay to win anymore? That the solo raiders with 8 alts and the huge number of bots which inflate the prices on everything are gone?

Oh, i remember, they've "updated" the inventory so instead of having 10 slots for each merc, now you have a fixed number of slots - this halved my storage space. Awesome.

My favorite - if you buy NX from them (their currency) and you don't use the NX for some time, it "expires" and gets deleted?

Please prove to me that the game changed, and I'll be the first one coming back. I closely follow the game in hope for things to change, and all i see is just more and more gamble boxes and pure pay to win, as it always was. Anyways, to each its own, peace.

Again, just to be clear, the game is nice and fun but might leave you frustrated in the end, if you are used to a western style of doing things.
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Originally posted by Isidius

QFT, I played this gamer for a long time, I used to love the competitions in the arena, it was a good game but then NEXON came and took over and the game went to hell.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• siberian36siberian36 Member Posts: 1
    well id like to add ive been playing ao for the past few yrs and i love the game,they do hold events frequantly and give u alot of free rly good items,sometimes more than what they should.but overall great game took me about a yr to hit the lvl 160 cap and now im 170. And in-game there r always ways to make gold and always things to do.