Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GOIN INSANE!

nicariftnicarift Member UncommonPosts: 70
I need some help you all. I AM SO BURNED OUT ON MY GAMES RIGHT RIGHT....i need a suggestion for a game to invest a significant amount of time in! Let me know what you think! 

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by nicarift
    I need some help you all. I AM SO BURNED OUT ON MY GAMES RIGHT RIGHT....i need a suggestion for a game to invest a significant amount of time in! Let me know what you think! 

i think it is silly to try to find a game to "invest a significant amount of time in". And I thought the purpose of playing a game is to have fun?

I suppose that is just me.

Clearly, it is your prerogative to play games for ANY reasons. If you want to "invest a significant amount of time" in a game, i would suggest chess, or go. It has the added benefit, aside from can take lots of your time investment, of people thinking that you are smart.

• nicariftnicarift Member UncommonPosts: 70

are you really that naive....

im bored with my games im asking what everyone else thinks its fun and maybe try a new game.....

if anyone else posts negative thoughts towards me trust me i will disregard them....

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

are you really that naive....

im bored with my games im asking what everyone else thinks its fun and maybe try a new game.....

if anyone else posts negative thoughts towards me trust me i will disregard them....

If so, why did you reply? I thought "disregard" means ... not thinking and doing anything about it?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    step #1 - list those games you claim to be burned out of. Cant help without knowing what you want/dont want.

Well Rojo first off i would like to say that i dont dislike these games i just have been playing them a bit much and am a bit bored. 

ESO

Rift

Wildstar

WOW

Archeage

Tera

FFXIV

Eve

Alll great games. And yes I realize i just listed a large amount of the major games out right now. :)

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

The Secret World

Trove

Age of Conan

SWTOR

Neverwinter

Is age of conan really still running strong?
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    dude go with Neverwinter or SWTOR. Age of Conan held me for about 15 mins before I was like "uhhh these graphics are too crappy"

Well Rojo first off i would like to say that i dont dislike these games i just have been playing them a bit much and am a bit bored. 

ESO

Rift

Wildstar

WOW

Archeage

Tera

FFXIV

Eve

Alll great games. And yes I realize i just listed a large amount of the major games out right now. :)

Marvel Heroes is pretty fun, Path of Exile is good too but MH IMO is more fun and has more content. Both are free to play with non intrusive cash shop. You can also try the suggested games by the posters above. Otherwise, maybe you should try non-mmos for a while. It is not uncommon to get burned out of mmos. When it happens to me i play non mmos, even classic console games on emulators on my pc. After a while i start missing mmos and go back to some of them.

I would also suggest GW1 and/or GW2.

Originally posted by Rukushin
    dude go with Neverwinter or SWTOR. Age of Conan held me for about 15 mins before I was like "uhhh these graphics are too crappy"

AoC still has one of the best graphics in mmos out there. Definitelly better than Graphics than NW and SWTOR combined. But graphics =/= fun. 

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

ESO

Rift

Wildstar

WOW

Archeage

Tera

FFXIV

Eve

Marvel Heroes is pretty fun, Path of Exile is good too

I'll second both of these, especially MH, that is my go-to ARPG. Path of Exile is still really amazing too though.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

Take a  break from MMORPGs.

Here is what I do:

• Catch up on your reading
    • Play a pnp or tabletop game
    • Try some other types of games: strategy, RPGs, etc. Steam has a ton of games to buy in all prices ranges and f2p.

• BreakNFacesBreakNFaces Member UncommonPosts: 77

Feeling your pain brother

Wrote this two weeks ago

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/427210/BreakNFaces-with-no-faces-to-Break.html

There is nothing decent "new" at the moment IMO, so I am downloading the last game i played that got the ole heart pumping in PVP

Elder Scrolls Online

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by d_20

Take a  break from MMORPGs.

Here is what I do:

• Catch up on your reading
    • Play a pnp or tabletop game
    • Try some other types of games: strategy, RPGs, etc. Steam has a ton of games to buy in all prices ranges and f2p.

Good advice altough I myself try to take my breaks during late spring or summer and do some outdoor things as well.

A break now and then for about 3 months or so make things more fun again. I take a short one (a few weeks) every year and a longer one every other year since I discoevered that I tire otherwise.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    You're not alone op. I don't have anything I'm committing to. Played some RPGs for a fix every copy days. Mostly hanging out on star citizen forums. No worries though. Something will come along soon enough.
  • apb2011apb2011 Member UncommonPosts: 168

I feel the exact same way. I downloaded a whole bunch of big name games this past month and last month. Can't find anything i like. If it has quests and linear gameplay I uninstall. Last one was ESO, what a themepark that game is. Got rid of it quick. I'm wondering if there is any 3D MMO with modern graphics that have no quests, non linear, no levels etc out now. 99.7 percent of MMOs have these "features".

Only true sandbox I am thinking about is Eve, but don't want to wait weeks for my skills to increase.

• redcoreredcore Member UncommonPosts: 108
    and what about fuck all the computer games for some time and do something else like...painting minis, playing board games with friends, go to gym, get a camera and take some nice pics...hmm?
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    The only MMO that even feels like an MMO anymore is FFXIV which is why I'm playing it.

Optional PvP = No PvP

Eveyone keeps saying stop playing games and go do something productive or active. I work many hours every week for a very complex tiring job. Doing stuff outside or socially is fun and i do do plenty of that. But i enjoy gaming. So i assure you all that this isnt my only form of entertainment. but after a long week of work the one thing i want to do is sit down with a beer or two and play a good game!

XD 

But thank you everyone for the suggestions!

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

If you want something one off, maybe Skyrim.  That is the single player game that they decided to simplify, modify, and turn into ESO.

If you want something very different, maybe Darkest Dungeon? 

If you want something more along the lines of Tera but more streamlined in the combat...  Vindictus.

If you want something crazy different for a while but still an MMO, there is always Cabal.  I loved the combo system in that game. 

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

If you want a great roleplaying community and want to invest a significant amount of time in developing your character, not just grinding from quest hub to quest hub, I highly recommend Achaea. But only if you're into actually roleplaying a character.

If thats not your cup of tea, theres some great Minecraft mods out that are compatible with the latest version (1.8), find a good server with a mature community and help build a huge village or something.

• grindingamergrindingamer Member Posts: 65

Aion(Typical MMORPG), Tera(Action MMORPG) or Atlantica(Classic MMORPG) 

Atlantica might be more appealing to new players since the give away right now. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/427669/Atlantica-Online-New-Player-Starter-Pack-Giveaway.html 

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I will suggest a few non-MMO games. Just to give you a chance to shake things up

Darkest Dungeon.

Besieged

Wolf among us (or any of the recent telltale games.)

Eurotruck simulator 2 (sounds weird but it is oddly meditative to play)

This have been a good conversation

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I hear ya man, I'm in the same boat.

Apparently "they" don't make games that cater to people who want to "invest" time in games anymore. :(

Anyway, I spent a lot of time playing wasteland 2 recently Definitely be able to put some hours in to that game. (50hrs and counting for me).

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development