Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No 3rd Person Camera View ? no thank you !

PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131

Could be a good game with 3rd person camera

at least like Defiance has or better like Elder Scroll Online 

1st person view is completly out in 2015 , i dont wanna see these games anymore...

and no it doesnt give me a special feeling ..... its outdated

get rid of it you developers and implement a 3rd person Camera view mode

p.s i am not even sure if this game should be listed here on mmorpg.com since its more a action game with little mmo content.   to me its not a MMORPG at all....

Comments

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

I don't even know where to begin with this post.   Ill just let someone else handle it.

On second thought, your console is in the living room, I can hear it calling you.

• PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131

i own a nice PC.. i never had a console....

no idea what you are talking about..

stay at the topic or leave Sir..

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    But parkour!
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

3rd person over the shoulder view is terrible. Why would you want your character blocking part of the screen for no good reason?

It's disorienting and disturbing to the experience

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

It would be nice if they had an option for 3rd person. GTA V did one hell of a seamless job integrating a 1st person in their 3rd person game would be cool if they could do the reverse here.

I don't mind the 1st person except it gets me nauseous after awhile, I found these wrist bands that hit some pressure point that works to quell my motion sickness for the most part but sometimes I get it even with the bands on. 

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393

3rd person takes away from the element of the surprise. 

I love my console btw , but I love that 1st person view too

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by Pongping

Could be a good game with 3rd person camera..to me.

at least like Defiance has or better like Elder Scroll Online.

1st person view is completly out in 2015 for me, i dont wanna see these games anymore...

and no it doesnt give me a special feeling ..... its outdated to me.

get rid of it you developers and implement a 3rd person Camera view mode as an option...for me.

p.s i am not even sure if this game should be listed here on mmorpg.com since its more a action game with little mmo content.   to me its not a MMORPG at all....

Fixed your post with Orange Highlight and also...there are many Non-MMORPG games here, are you pointing this one out in your hate? Seems you are very bitter, maybe just don't play it and move on?

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Originally posted by Battlerock

3rd person takes away from the element of the surprise. 

I love my console btw , but I love that 1st person view too

If they did 3rd person like it is done in Mount & Blade WB/cRPG- camera right on your shoulder almost- it wouldn't because even in 3rd person you cant see behind you.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Pongping

Could be a good game with 3rd person camera

at least like Defiance has or better like Elder Scroll Online 

ESO was going to ONLY have a first person view, but then a lot of their NON CORE audience complained and they added in 3rd person view as an after thought.  Elder scrolls has ALWAYS been a first person game, and Defiance is honestly such a generic gears of war made into an online co-op game...  I think you are disproving your own point here.

1st person view is completly out in 2015 , i dont wanna see these games anymore...

I completely disagree, the sense of immersion a first person view gives a game, especially a game that has the detail of showing your arms, and legs, and body when you look around is second to none, having it third person would strip the soul of the game and literally neuter the pulse pounding action, I can't wait to play this game again when there is a consumer version of the Occulus Rift, because games like Dying Light are what the OR is MADE for.

and no it doesnt give me a special feeling ..... its outdated

outdated?  how so?  The game has some of the best graphics, best parkour, and best combat of any game I've played in 2014-2015.  I honestly cannot remember a better game in any of those categories.

get rid of it you developers and implement a 3rd person Camera view mode

The management of the site has MULTIPLE times mentioned why they chose to post up games that are not JUST MMOs, please do some research before making this complaint, as it is one that has been addressed VERY OFTEN.  Thank you.    (Linky here for the management explanation)  http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/8277/MMO-RPG.html

P.S.  5 buck says Dying Light gets Game of the Year, and that would REALLY be something for a January title.

One thing that confuses me though is, I never got motion sickness in Far Cry 3 yet it has almost the same movement, like the slide when running and pressing crouch etc. I don't think it is the parkour either, I get it real bad in Half Life 2 which has no parkour.
    Originally posted by Asheram
    One thing that confuses me though is, I never got motion sickness in Far Cry 3 yet it has almost the same movement, like the slide when running and pressing crouch etc. I don't think it is the parkour either, I get it real bad in Half Life 2 which has no parkour.

Pardon, have you considered it may be the field of view?

The game has an adjustable field of view, and I've heard it's actually not uncommon for some people to get motion sickness or vertigo from a Field of View that isn't properly attuned to them.

Give it a google and see if you can't find more information on it.

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

ESO was going to ONLY have a first person view, but then a lot of their NON CORE audience complained and they added in 3rd person view as an after thought.  Elder scrolls has ALWAYS been a first person game, and Defiance is honestly such a generic gears of war made into an online co-op game...  I think you are disproving your own point here.

Actually I think it was the other way around with ESO, it wasn't gonna have 1st person view at all originally

Originally posted by Gwahlur

Actually I think it was the other way around with ESO, it wasn't gonna have 1st person view at all originally

Eh, I think you are right actually now that I did some searching.

ESO wasn't even made by anyone who has touched an Elder scrolls game prior to being put on that team though, it's not even technically Bethesda it's 'Zenimax Online Studios' and they have no overlap except they have the same parent company.

That itself was a huge warning for myself on that game.  A shame I'd have loved a great first person MMO in the style of Elder Scrolls or something similar.  Hard to get that level of immersion in mmos anymore.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    I can not even bring myself to read this *stuff*. I hope you all responding to this thread realize how bad this is.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

Originally posted by Asheram

Pardon, have you considered it may be the field of view?

The game has an adjustable field of view, and I've heard it's actually not uncommon for some people to get motion sickness or vertigo from a Field of View that isn't properly attuned to them.

Give it a google and see if you can't find more information on it.

Ty for the FYI, will be looking more into that. :)

• PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by strawhat0981
    I can not even bring myself to read this *stuff*. I hope you all responding to this thread realize how bad this is.

your very active tough...

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

FPS's use ONLY first person because you cannot properly play in 3rd person.So it most definitely is not a thing of the past,it is the ONLY viable option.

3rd person works in a rpg type game because you need to watch aggro and your surroundings and don't need twitch aim.Once you get into twitch aiming you need first person view.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MGPetersonMGPeterson Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by Wizardry

FPS's use ONLY first person because you cannot properly play in 3rd person.So it most definitely is not a thing of the past,it is the ONLY viable option.

3rd person works in a rpg type game because you need to watch aggro and your surroundings and don't need twitch aim.Once you get into twitch aiming you need first person view.

Not true.  I play L4D with the 3rd person hack, and my survivability increased like 1000%.