Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: Matt Higby Resigns

2»

Comments

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Originally posted by raapnaap

I'm surprised Smedley is still around...

Maybe they are saving the best for last... image

Something about a cat always landing on his feet.... ;)

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• WhiskyjumperWhiskyjumper Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Well I hope PS2 survives what ever is happening. I have only just discovered this awesome game and would hate to lose it so soon. It might have it's problems but there is nothing else like it out there, and I have a ton of fun every time I log on. Speaking of.......I have to go log on.............
  • nachofootnachofoot Member UncommonPosts: 122

PS2:  The game that taught me that cheating in FPS games is eternal.  Players hiding in walls, getting sniped long-range by a knife, dog-fighting bursters, etc.

I left long ago and never looked back.  Sony never addressed nor did they actually ban any real cheaters.  The individuals doing this crap are still playing...

• WhiskyjumperWhiskyjumper Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by nachofoot

PS2:  The game that taught me that cheating in FPS games is eternal.  Players hiding in walls, getting sniped long-range by a knife, dog-fighting bursters, etc.

I left long ago and never looked back.  Sony never addressed nor did they actually ban any real cheaters.  The individuals doing this crap are still playing...

Strange. I have never experienced any of those things. In fact I have seen no obvious signs of hacking or cheating. They might be there, as cheaters find their way to all FPS eventually, but it certainly isn't all that bad. 

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Was never really a fan of Higby and his ideas for Planetside 2.  He fought tooth and nail against adding some of the things in beta that us beta testers tried to get him to implement, only to realize that we were right and have to put them in way after launch (Base design defense changes, ntu, etc)

He also loved his vehicles/Planes (he admitted it several times) and made sure they dominated the playing field which was very much unlike Planetside 1.  

So while I normally would have been happy this happened I can't say I am this time since I really do not have a good outlook on the future of this new company, which sucks because Planetside 2, Everquest Next and H1Z1 are really well made games.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Higby gone..hopefully Smedley next.

PS 2 was a disaster from launch and never recovered. These two were responsible for shaping the game into  the unfortunate mess it became.

I look forward to a fresh start and a much improved game.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    PS2 will never release on PS4
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Originally posted by raapnaap

I'm surprised Smedley is still around...

Maybe they are saving the best for last... image

Something about a cat always landing on his feet.... ;)

More like it is almost impossible to kill a cockroach.