Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

another ddos attack?

plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

Cant log into eq2. have been trying for over an hour. can't get onto the website either!

Anyone know whats going on?

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Might be. I'm having lots of lag on the PSN the last couple of hours.
  • plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

can get onto the website now but stillcant connect to the game.

Status: 2/14/2015 3:11 PST - We are currently investigating a potential issue with network connectivity to the game.

sounds like another ddos attack to me. honestly! have these guys not get anything better to do! They may think that there "sticking it to the man" by doing this but IMO all that they are doing is ruining the weekend of scmuks like me!

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

The connection issue appears to be resolved according to Twitter.

No word that it would have been a DDOS attack. Likely just some technical problem.

EDIT: It looks like I still can't connect though. That was some quality work from Daybreak resolving that problem /EDIT

• harriaalharriaal Member UncommonPosts: 15

Yeah, 5 minutes after the "Problem resolved" message the forums go down too :P

I guess if nobody can see or hear about it, it's resolved :D

ive managed to get in by launching it directly from my .exe file. this bypasses launch pad. this only works if you already have thurs patch though

• harriaalharriaal Member UncommonPosts: 15
    You got normal or steam version? I got steam and clicking EQ2.exe wont work (I dont have everquest2.exe file)
    Originally posted by harriaal
    You got normal or steam version? I got steam and clicking EQ2.exe wont work (I dont have everquest2.exe file)

i have normal version. didnt even realise you could get eq2 through steam

• AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by plescure
    Originally posted by harriaal

i have normal version. didnt even realise you could get eq2 through steam

All SoEs games a have been down due to DDOS - launching a game via steam or SoE launcher makes no difference as you connect to the same servers which are under ddos.

The point is that you can by-pass the launcher to start the game, but not when you use a Steam version of the game. The game servers themselves do not appear to be suffering a ddos.

It takes one to know one.