Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just cancelled my All Access

KwonKwon Member UncommonPosts: 56

I'm playing PS2, H1Z1, and although I haven't been logging in, Landmark.

I have thousands of saved up Station Cash and own everything I want in PS2.  I refuse to spend money on H1Z1 (other than the early access fee) until its finished, and Landmark too for that matter.

Having said that, and accounting for this whole Daybreak crap, I am not comfortable giving them any more money until I am convinced the games I am playing, and more importantly the games I am waiting for, are worth paying for.

So they come in and fire everybody to get them in the black, and as a result causes me (us?) to cancel my automatic $15 a month to them due to the disruptive nature of the changes.  I think they did lay offs too quickly, I'm not paying them one red cent until I feel they are legit.

I may have paid my last dollar to SOE....

Comments

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Can I have your stuff?

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Kwon

This part is very true.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I was just about to buy an All Access pass again for the first time in a few years.

But now I think I'll wait a month or three before getting back into PS2 and some of the other offerings from "The studio formerly know as SOE". Too many surprises make me nervous.

• KwonKwon Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I didnt say I was quitting, but Im not paying anymore until I feel comfortable about the situation.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

So you stopped paying money for three F2P games... Sounds like a sound strategy actually.

Especially if you have lots of SC banked and no real desire for the items on offering. In fact if you only play those games i would have done that a long time ago.

This have been a good conversation

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I have thousands of saved up Station Cash and own everything I want in PS2.  I refuse to spend money on H1Z1 (other than the early access fee) until its finished, and Landmark too for that matter.

Having said that, and accounting for this whole Daybreak crap, I am not comfortable giving them any more money until I am convinced the games I am playing, and more importantly the games I am waiting for, are worth paying for.

So they come in and fire everybody to get them in the black, and as a result causes me (us?) to cancel my automatic $15 a month to them due to the disruptive nature of the changes.  I think they did lay offs too quickly, I'm not paying them one red cent until I feel they are legit.

Well done

But honestly i dont think the new owners care.

They bought the company to resell it as pieces. They will probably close all the games soon anyway

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Well done

But honestly i dont think the new owners care.

They bought the company to resell it as pieces. They will probably close all the games soon anyway

Your guessing and I would bet wrongly at that.  My guess is based on my experience with other investment firms and how they operate is they want in on this whole MMO thing especially the F2P side of things.  Now if they will be able to balance fun games with cash shop is a different question and one I am not so sure about but I would say the chance of these games getting pieced out is pretty small.  Not every investment firm has Gorden Gekko at it's helm, most of them are in these investments for longer term business opportunities not quick slash and burn.

SOE doesn't strike me a as a good slash and burn opportunity anyways.  They had no cash to speak of and little assets of value beyond their IP's and the only one worth anything is EQ and how much really would that bring in?  There is no thousand precent return here to make the risk of a short term buy and strip exercise worth it.

• KwonKwon Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I bet we havent even seen the last of the layoffs.  Just wait for one of the live games to have a negative blip in income.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Ofc not. it is pretty common that after something like this that the new owners bring everything down to minimum (or sometimes below) before they start building up again to see where the strenghts and weaknesses are.

This have been a good conversation

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I didnt say I was quitting, but Im not paying anymore until I feel comfortable about the situation.

It's understandable OP.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"