Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lunar New Year Event - messy rushed content

DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Normally I don't complain about free content but this is just a mess.

You can tell that something went horribly wrong when you check the event vendor.

You can buy 1 lucky envelope for 1 gold.

or alternatively:

You can buy 1 lucky envelope for 1 gold and 1 Ram ticket.

Apparently Ram tickets were meant to be rewards for Dragon Ball but we are not getting them.

I can only imagine that they changed their minds about rewards on the very last minute and forgot to change the additional tab at the vendor.

In other words the only way to get rewards out of Dragon Ball right now is to get the 5 wins for the daily. That one would be more fun if Anet added a balancing system that avoids the constant 4 vs 5 matches.

You join a match and pray you are in the team with 5 people else you will lose.

Oh yeah and to round things up: A bug will sometimes prevent you from getting a win count for the achievement even if your team won.

Harbinger of Fools

Comments

• mmorobommorobo Member UncommonPosts: 126
    You didn't understand what they said.  You can buy 1 lucky envelope for 1 gold per day, and you can buy 5 for 5 and 10 for ten once per a day.  So you can buy 16 for 16 gold once per day.  IF you have a Ram ticket you can buy additional envelopes on that same day.
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    seems fine to me.

All die, so die well.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by mmorobo
    You didn't understand what they said.  You can buy 1 lucky envelope for 1 gold per day, and you can buy 5 for 5 and 10 for ten once per a day.  So you can buy 16 for 16 gold once per day.  IF you have a Ram ticket you can buy additional envelopes on that same day.

Yeah I got that now, it's nothing but a gambling event.

I don't think much of that but at least they fixed the win count now.

It's still glitchy as hell. When you get the option to volunteer it promises you an auto win which is of course NOT given. 

Means whoever gets forced to swap to the other team will lose their win.

Not to mention the regular lag noticeable when you try to use jump pads / pick up items / try to use skills.

I hope Anet is keeping track of the map chat inside dragon ball to get an idea of how shitty they implemented this event.

[mod edit]

Harbinger of Fools
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I did the thing 

spent 16 gold and got a 15 gold return on selling the junk items you get back. Got around 3000 luck in the process as well though. 

This was with 307% MF with some food buffs guild banner and silverwaste stacks

1 gold for 3000 luck isn't too bad

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?