Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 account hacked

My GW 2 account  password no longer works. It is impossible to get in touch with them without a code for the purchase of the game. I have the e mail they sent me when i got the game online and there was no code. So it seems as though someone has taken my account and I have no way of getting it back. I spent cash on the game and in the game so this really sux. SO I advise you people to just find another game to play. This game has no customer service.

Comments

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Well I'm looking right at the email they sent me when I ordered it online back in August of 2012...

Lists my order number...

Lists my order date...

Lists the game I purchased...

Lists the serial code...

Has a link to customer support...

Has a link to their game FAQ...

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27658708-Restoring-Your-Account-After-a-Compromise

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Their customer support is great. I messed up the GW1 - GW2 account linking and didn't care much about it back then.

2 years later I decided to ask the support for help and they fixed it for me after I delivered proof that I am the owner of both accounts.

Also your account should be linked to your email and only IPs which you confirm to be trustworthy are able to log in.

Harbinger of Fools
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by SidRandom
    My GW 2 account  password no longer works. It is impossible to get in touch with them without a code for the purchase of the game. I have the e mail they sent me when i got the game online and there was no code. So it seems as though someone has taken my account and I have no way of getting it back. I spent cash on the game and in the game so this really sux. SO I advise you people to just find another game to play. This game has no customer service.

You are dead wrong.

My GW2 account was hacked 2y ago and banned.

I was only away from the game for like2 months, my highest level toon was something like lvl 30, the hacker botted it to end level and started farming with it. Got banned rightfully and when I returned I obviously could not log in.

Contacted GW2 Support at like 8PM, took them 2 hours to come back at me through the support ticket message system.

They looked at my IP, validated my personal info and my game serial -which you must have had through a digital purchase- I know their system, it is automated into perfection, you MUST have had a serial but very probably deleted the email, - -NEVER delete those emails without noting down the serials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-, wanted me to give them my email address and I went to bed expecting nothing.

The next morning, curious as I was, checked if I had any messages and yes, GW2 reset my account info and I could play again.

Kudos to their Customer Service, apparently you LOST your serial , GW2 was good and fast to response.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    I'm surprised anyone can steal a GW2 account, if I forget my password it takes days before I can get back in to my own account. If someone hacked my account, I'd applaud and let them keep it because they worked hard for it.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

You are missing OPs point...he could not figure out how to contact Customer Support without logging in.

I provided link above, no need to give him more flack....just another "lazy" user :)

Click Support -> Top right corner: Submit a request.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I never delete may game emails.  If really important I forward a copy or copy paste them into secured notes.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791

He might be banned by now. 

Next time, when a game offers 2-factor authentication, freaking use it.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Most account hacks is user end problems. If you lost your CD Key you cant blame GW2 for that. They should just take you at your word any account is yours? Im sorry this happened to you but this is online gaming 101. Dont use the same password everywhere and keep your CD keys. 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by SidRandom

You are dead wrong.

My GW2 account was hacked 2y ago and banned.

I was only away from the game for like2 months, my highest level toon was something like lvl 30, the hacker botted it to end level and started farming with it. Got banned rightfully and when I returned I obviously could not log in.

Contacted GW2 Support at like 8PM, took them 2 hours to come back at me through the support ticket message system.

They looked at my IP, validated my personal info and my game serial -which you must have had through a digital purchase- I know their system, it is automated into perfection, you MUST have had a serial but very probably deleted the email, - -NEVER delete those emails without noting down the serials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-, wanted me to give them my email address and I went to bed expecting nothing.

The next morning, curious as I was, checked if I had any messages and yes, GW2 reset my account info and I could play again.

Kudos to their Customer Service, apparently you LOST your serial , GW2 was good and fast to response.

My account got locked from someone trying to hack my account. I think within 2-4hrs I had my account active. Of corse I could answer all questions about my account including my cd key.

• ttenggttengg Member CommonPosts: 7
    dont buy a 2nd hand account