Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shamans are sure a lot of fun

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

I've tried all classes, but over the period of WoW's release and off/on past couple years...no class really ever stuck. I got a DK to 100, a Druid to 100...but I never found them that fun. Then I have a warlock at 94 (they are fun), a Mage to 90, a Priest to 56 and a Warrior at 100.

Only class I probably ever really stuck with is the Warrior.

I suck HORRIBLY as a DK.

I suck with a Rogue, so I never get past level 30 with them.

Paladins I used to be good at, but I suck now.

You see, in any game...I do horribly with any energy mechanic like Rogue has. I do horribly with a Rune system like Paladins/DK have. Paladins a bit different, but since they got changed I suck at them.

I do GREAT with mana or rage...anything else I suck at. I can't even play a cat druid, because it uses energy and I suck at that. No matter how many videos I watch or have real life friends who do WoW tournaments try to teach me...let me say this

*friend fries to teach me Rogue, gives up and tries DK*

*friend gets so pissed off at how much I suck, he turns off my monitor (not PC) and says "never play a rogue or DK again, I never seen someone so bad at it*

Though I showed him how good I was with my shaman and warlock (tougher classes) and he was surprised how well I did as a Shaman even though they are the worst class in the game right now. In raids, I was actually getting top 3 in DPS, and top 5 in heals (I went as a backup healer, since my friend wanted to see how I did in raids with him)

So even though shamans are worst class, I was still in the top 3 for DPS (I was going between 2 and 3 spot). I'd be even better at healing, but he just wanted to see how I did as a team and focus on mostly DPS. Next time he raids (once a month his guild raids, so not hardcore or anything) I'll see if I do good at healing (healing is most fun to me).

But even leveling a Shaman, starts off slow...but man, once I start getting abilities it gets so much better and easier. And at 100, I do great in raids. And I tried some PvP and didn't do too bad either. I wasn't the best at it, but I wasn't the worst at all in the battlegrounds I was doing. I die a lot to priests though, do pretty good against other classes...but priests I haven't learned to counter yet too well.

Really, I like shamans since they feel really unique to me. I love the totems, summoning elementals and all that. It reminds me of that technician class from Asheron's Call 2 who summoned turrets or the GW 2 engineer. But the shaman to me just does it better, I really like it a lot. Its just a lot of fun.

I spent since WoW's release never knowing what class to make as a main and so any time I hit 100 (well that is a WoD thing, before it was level 90 and whatever max level was before that.) I pretty much stopped for a month or a few months and then sign up to level again, and its funny...I NEVER once made a shaman because everyone always said they are the worst class in the game.

Go figure years later I finally make one, level him up to 100 and do amazing at it and have the most fun with them...guess I shouldn't go by what others say :P

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• alx12345alx12345 Member Posts: 39
    Monk are the most fun imo, faster paced but probably the weakest class.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Originally posted by alx12345
    Monk are the most fun imo, faster paced but probably the weakest class.

I tried monks and just couldn't get into it. Not too into martial-arts style classes in games. At least MMOs. I do like it in the batman arkham city games and fighting games, but that is kinda different...but if its just click buttons and stuff kind of game, its too lame. Didn't like that monk class in Vanguard Saga of Heroes either, thought it was really lame. And other MMOs about martial arts haven't been that great either. If it was a martial arts class like a fighting action game (like batman arkham city) that be a lot of fun.

In any case...after trying Enhancement, Elemental and Restoration. I ended up liking Enhancement the least. Elemental is great in groups, terrible solo. Restoration does better soloing than Enhancement, a lot slower than Elemental but I live vastly more. As elemental/enhancement, I die a lot more. So when I'm soloing with Resto, I live and even do better in world pvp if a random person tries to gank me.

Resto is best for me in groups too anyway, as I love to heal. So, amazing soloing, amazing grouping. And I solo tougher dungeons as Resto than my Feral/Guardian druid did lol. Mostly I stick to grouping obviously, but sometimes my real life friend can't be on and the guild only raids once a month.

Resto is good for everything for shaman lol. PvP, solo and groups :P Elemental is good for dps groups, not solo and bad at PvP since they get targeted a lot. Enhancement was kinda boring, so I didn't stick with it long.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    It's good that you found the class that is most fun for you . Selecting the roght class can make a huge difference on how much you enjoy the game. For me personally it was Druid. Once I played that class I was sold and have played it for all of vanilla to now.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.