Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elite: Dangerous: Community Goals Take Centerstage

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The first major update has been applied to Elite: Dangerous. Center among the new things delivered in the patch is the new Community Goals feature. According to information from developers, Community Goals can be accomplished in multiplayer, solo or private groups, all contributing to the success of attaining the goal of expanding known space.

As the name implies, community goals are cooperative efforts on behalf of players banding together to accomplish specific tasks that will have a direct impact on the game world. For instance, players can work together to create a capital ship on behalf of a small faction group looking to expand its influence.

In addition, French, German and Russian localizations of Elite: Dangerous have been added.

Read the full patch notes on the Elite: Dangerous site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325

I really like this new community features, tobad mining is so tedious and boring.

Love the game a lot but i wont do mining until they revamp it.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    it's getting there, reinstalling as I speak though i might just wait until 1.2 to be sure.
  • ZandilZandil Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Loving the game but they need to get grouping tools sorted out, bloody hard to stay grouped in Elite atm. 

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by Zandil
    Loving the game but they need to get grouping tools sorted out, bloody hard to stay grouped in Elite atm. 

Wings are coming in 1.2 (next month). Besides community goals some back end work was also done in preparation for 1.2.