Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can Playstation 4 gamers play the game with Playstation 3 players ? (''Called Cross Play''?)

KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Greetings!

I want to run FFXIV on my PS4, and my friend - who happens to have a PS3 - wants to run his game on the PS3 (Surprise! :D )

The question is (as the title suggests);

If he runs FFXIV Realm Reborn on his PS3, and I run mine on my PS4,

can we STILL play/adventure together on the same server?

PS!

Before asking the question here, I have googled it and the answer to my question seems to be '' yes '' .

But just asking here to be sure :)

Thx for all possible answers : )

Comments

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Yes, PS3, PS4 and PC players all play on the same servers.  Just make sure you choose the server with the same name to play on.
  • GramnonGramnon Member UncommonPosts: 4

Playstation 3, Playstation 4 and PC all use the same servers.

No Problem playing together.

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Thanks for the replies guys, puts my mind at ease.

Much appriciated : )

• Majin_JubeiMajin_Jubei Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by Krelian

Thanks for the replies guys, puts my mind at ease.

Much appriciated : )

Also just a heads up if you your characters have classes that start off in different cities you will have to wait until lvl 15 when you get access to the airship before you can play together. Unless you want to run through dangerous area's to get to their city to meet them which I found fun personally. :)

P.s. here a link explaining what city each class starts in.   http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Classes

Eh, not much danger actually as you can either out run the aggro or completely avoid it. Also Limso to Ul'Dah is very easy. There's a dock near the Arcanist Guild that has a ship that takes you to Versper Bay, from there it's fairly easy to get to Ul'Dah. Though it's best to stick near your starting city for those first 15 levels anyway for the Class Quests.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    How does it play on the PS3/4? I'm thinking to give it a shot as well, but am not sure how well it plays compared to PC MMOs in general (yes I have a keyboard for my PS3 but no mouse though - only a controller)
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by Reizla
    How does it play on the PS3/4? I'm thinking to give it a shot as well, but am not sure how well it plays compared to PC MMOs in general (yes I have a keyboard for my PS3 but no mouse though - only a controller)

It plays exceedingly well on consoles and controllers.  Using the top buttons to hold down and alter what the main four do according to the situation.  So all in all about 20 buttons to be able to quickly press.  The only thing I would worry about is with Dragoons and maybe monks as 20 buttons just doesn't cut it when it comes to proper rotations.  There were some 26 skills I used every fight as a dragoon.  Though my main preference is usually tanking and or healing.  Macros might also lessen the number of buttons, but I prefer not to use macros in most cases.

Would obviously suggest the PS4 if you're going with the consoles as they will likely stop supporting the PS3 before the (not this one, but the one after) next announced expansion due to limitations and wanting to move the game forward.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • Majin_JubeiMajin_Jubei Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk
    Originally posted by Reizla

It plays exceedingly well on consoles and controllers.  Using the top buttons to hold down and alter what the main four do according to the situation.  So all in all about 20 buttons to be able to quickly press.  The only thing I would worry about is with Dragoons and maybe monks as 20 buttons just doesn't cut it when it comes to proper rotations.  There were some 26 skills I used every fight as a dragoon.  Though my main preference is usually tanking and or healing.  Macros might also lessen the number of buttons, but I prefer not to use macros in most cases.

Would obviously suggest the PS4 if you're going with the consoles as they will likely stop supporting the PS3 before the (not this one, but the one after) next announced expansion due to limitations and wanting to move the game forward.

It's actually not bad on DRG with controller. I stick my main ration on the face buttons + RT, my disembowel starts out on RT+Left D-Pad then just hold LT+RT and A then B for the last two part of that rotation. My buffs are kinda scattered though but I've used them so many times I dont even think about which button to hit. Honestly rotation only matters on bosses when you hit +iLvL80. Most dungeon pulls are going to be mass pulls at "endgame". Pop Blood for Blood, Internal Release, Dragonfire Dive into the group  when tank is done pulling then pop Heavy Thrust try and target mob on far side of group and start spamming Doom Spike once you line up. It may only hit for a few hundred on non crits but they quickly add up in damage when you have 5+ mobs, and with IR up to increase crit rate you'll see more 500ish crits which REALLY add up when multiple mobs get crit. Sadly Doom Spike really eats away at your TP which does not regen fast enough and on some pulls even Invigorate doesn't seem to help much.

With RT+LT/LT+RT turned on you will have 32 quickly accessible buttons