Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The hell?

kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
I don't even need to ask right?

SNIP

Comments

• Awc80Awc80 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Nope...
  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    They said a while back they want to cover RPG's not just MMO's although I would like to see this place only cover MMO's to be honest but it is what it is.

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202

I'm not sure what you aren't asking....

I'm not sure if dying light is an rpg...Though I suppose it depends on how you define that.

It has leveling, skill points to spend, and a story line.  I suppose it's an FPSRPG.

A while back MMORPG.com stated including rpgs as well as mmos.  I expect this has to do with the lack of content to report on if they covered JUST mmos.  I don't mind.  

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by zytin

I'm not sure if dying light is an rpg...Though I suppose it depends on how you define that.

It has leveling, skill points to spend, and a story line.  I suppose it's an FPSRPG.

A while back MMORPG.com stated including rpgs as well as mmos.  I expect this has to do with the lack of content to report on if they covered JUST mmos.  I don't mind.  

That's pretty much it, there's very little to report on in mmo - land.

Nothing to report on, nothing to talk about.  Nothing to talk about no visitors. No visitors no ad revenue.

yadda yadda yaddda.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131

100% agreed

This game doesnt belong to mmorpg.com at all since its a normal Action game.

mmorpg should be more accurate about the games they add to the list.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    If it requires an internet connection, it's an MMO and this is an MMO site.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    OK people, this subject is getting real old. The staff said they are starting to review and cover things other than mmos, how can you people be so daft. Dying light is a great game worthy of coverage from this site. Grow up, or move to another site, and stop starting topics such as this one.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Sovrath

That's pretty much it, there's very little to report on in mmo - land.

Nothing to report on, nothing to talk about.  Nothing to talk about no visitors. No visitors no ad revenue.

yadda yadda yaddda.

I understand. But every game almost without exception, now has an RPG component...hell, even GTA V has character development and the multiplayer part is probably more MMOish than many of the games that call themselves MMOs these days... they probably just don't want the GTA V crowd over here image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by NorseGod

Does Dying Light require an internet connection?

"if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by strawhat0981

If you want to play co-op or zombie invasion mode yes.

Originally posted by Asheram
    Originally posted by strawhat0981

If you want to play co-op or zombie invasion mode yes.

So what you are saying is that you can play the game in its entirety without an internet connection, ok got ya.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Pongping

100% agreed

Here, let me assist all of you posters in this thread.

Bill Murphy, a well known editor in chief around here posted this blog a WHILE ago explaining why there would be more 'RPG' coverage on this site.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/8277/MMO-RPG.html

Thanks for reading!

Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by Pongping

100% agreed

Here, let me assist all of you posters in this thread.

Bill Murphy, a well known editor in chief around here posted this blog a WHILE ago explaining why there would be more 'RPG' coverage on this site.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/8277/MMO-RPG.html

Thanks for reading!

Thank you for the post, saved me a lot of time.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by kanechart
    I don't even need to ask right?

MMORPG.com sold out a few years back when they started adding non MMO games.  It got even worse with all of the near naked Asian game ads all over their website.  They clearly are in it for the money.  I do understand that expanding is important for a business..  Still doesn't make it right or make any real sense.  They should just change the name. 

I also think that there is plenty to report on in MMO space.  There may not be many AAA quality MMO's on the horizon, but with all of the indie companies doing kick starters and such, I think there is more than enough information to go around.  It's just about the money.  I'm still kind of embarrassed for the people working for MMORPG.com.  But I suppose if they can live with it, that's what really matters. 

I think it might have made a bit more sense to have followed the twitch craze.  They could have employed some guys here to do it on a regular basis, covering all kinds of MMO's.  They could have their own market cornered.  But, they didn't decide to do that. 

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by justmemyselfandi

So The Sims 4 and every other singleplayer game that requires an internet connection ( Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc. ) to play are mmos now?

Yes. Also Solitaire is a MMO.

but not really...

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

My sarcasm sensor is acting up.. I can't figure out if this guy is serious or...

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    You guys want to pay to browse here . No right so they expanded their games coverage. You think running this site is cheap. Paid for with adverts and clicks.