Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it more fun/fullfilling to get to 80 by questing alone...?

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

What I mean by this is not the use of offline levels, and or the purcahse of a level 80 through the gamestore? I used offline levels to level my barbarian to 80, but now I just dont feel the urge to play him and really wouldnt know where to go or what to do?!

In that, is it better to ignore offline levels and just quest/adventure right through to 80, so that you end up with better gear and know what lies next?

Some advice would be appreciated, thankyou.

Comments

• RojiinRojiin Member Posts: 51

I use a mixture of questing and offlines.  Its good to go through Tortage legit, and then maybe bump yourself a couple of levels.  I would say once your to the 70 mark you could go ahead and ding 80, as you would know the class pretty well by then.  Raiding is the main focus of most players so you need to know how to play your class and what it can do.

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

I would say this depends on many things. Is it your first lvl 80 for example, and do you have an interest for storylines that appear trough the lvling and such.

I enjoyed my trip to lvl 80, and can`t remember using any offline lvls back then, but lvl 70+ was challeninging, and from lvl 78 I only ran Slaughterhouse to gain the rest. Also joined some Keshatta farming groups to gain faster. So I see the use of offline lvls there. But one should never use too much at once, as one needs to adjust to power and train the skills earned up.

I also have a free 50 with 30 offline lvls, totally strange to play with in the start, and I can`t say I master the class yet. So I would advice at least 1 playing lvl for each 3 spent as offline so one doesnt loose the feel. (post lvl 30)

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I may sound like a broken record since I speak against it from the beginning :) but put it here too, just that you have an advice from the other side as well: don't use offline levels (or the instant 50, or in other games the similar boosts), it just wrecks your enjoyment... imo, of course.

True, in the beginning many saw it a nice addition, since the quests weren't enough for a smooth leveling route, you had to grind Villas and Slaughterhouse at some level ranges. But now with Turan in the middle and the added quests to the end it's much better if you just play it normally, without the quick jumps of the offline levels.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by burdock2
    I used offline levels to level my barbarian to 80, but now I just dont feel the urge to play him and really wouldnt know where to go or what to do?!

Imo, Your ignoring the bigger problem: Why level a character to 80 in the first place?

Every character I leveled to 80 I had a moment of "relief" followed by the urge to roll an alt because there wasnt much happening at the "end".

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268
    IMO the best part about the game is leveling to 80. Also all 80 content is subscription only, so if you are ftp it is especially pointless.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Honestly the only off line level's i used was to get my first chr from 30 to 40 in order to check out the crafting system. Other than that I ignore them. As to the OP, I really enjoy leveling up a character, I'm not a huge raider so I more enjoy the leveling proccess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.