Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar: Should You Come Back

ryanmahafferyanmahaffe Member UncommonPosts: 83

Hello all, I would like to post a quite long post about Wildstar, and tell you whether or not I think it is the correct time to return to Nexus.

So In terms of content, Drop 4 is steller, an overwhelming amount of content is now in the game, With drop 4 there are TONS of new housing stuff, a new dungeon, veteran shiphands with one new amazing shiphand. New mounts that drop from shiphands worth farming, a new currency called "Glory" which is very similar to Valor points, except you only get them from dungeons and raids. Dungeons, Adventures, Shiphands, and PvP had dailies+weeklys now to add incentive to pugging content. On top of Drop 4s stuff you have World Bosses, 3 daily zones, lore hunting, achievement farming, the usual stuff.

For you story nuts out there, the story of the Nexus Project, Drusera, and the Entity has been nothing short of amazing, you feel for her character and the struggle she is going through, you can tell she is a tortured soul, and the Entity is a very intimidating villain who I can't wait to kill.  Gives you a great touch of the beauty of her character with this music piece 

For the PvPers, eh, not may not be the time for you, class balance is much better, but the gear gap making PvP unbalanced is still there, however, either in the next drop or a smaller after patch, They will be rallying down anyone with gear greater than the 1800 gear, and making blue gear purchasable with gold, and removing the rating limit on the 1800 gear at least until next season.

Raiders still have the Genetic Archives, a steller raid that IMO is one of the best out there. Datascape also looks to be amazing but now much more guilds are entering it due to the change from 40 man to 20 man, making it much easier to find a guild that can actually see the content. Our guild will be 5/6 Ga this week and we cant wait for the Datascape.

The new dungeons is hard, but doable, it is mechanic heavy, and really, really fun, and hilarious, as it is Protostar themed.

Itemization is fixed, basically completely.

That overgrindy attunement chain can now be complete in a few days if you have a willing guild or play during primetime when there are hundreds of peeps in the capital city to ask for help, there are almost always people helping others with the attunement, you know longer need silver+ in dungeons is by far the best change.

Solo players have 3 daily zones (1 of them (defile) is actually really good) Omnicore the solo story focused instance which is great, 7 Shiphands (which are great for money+renown farming, and are just fun) 20 man events, Achievement farming, lore hunting, and more.

So the big question, Is Wildstar in a state where it's worth coming back to, YES!! Unless you are a pvper, then you should wait 1-3 months for the gear changes and other pvp fixes, but if you enjoy casual pve or hardcore pve or hell, are amiddle ground kinda dude, Wildstar now has tons of content for you.

Comments

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    The way I see it is Wildstar doesn't offer anything to justify the subscription fee. You can play Rift for example completely free to play and enjoy dailies and whatever Wildstar offers, or Aion.
  • bashtibashti Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I hardly disagree. Wildstar has fixed some issues but the big ones are still out. DCs and bugged spells. The bread an butter. In addition, fixes and patches take way too long to be pushed. 
  • ryanmahafferyanmahaffe Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by bashti
    I hardly disagree. Wildstar has fixed some issues but the big ones are still out. DCs and bugged spells. The bread an butter. In addition, fixes and patches take way too long to be pushed. 

Dc's barely happen and the majority of buggs have been fixed.

• ryanmahafferyanmahaffe Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by SoloAnything
    The way I see it is Wildstar doesn't offer anything to justify the subscription fee. You can play Rift for example completely free to play and enjoy dailies and whatever Wildstar offers, or Aion.

It offers some of the best raiding, Shiphands re great, it actually has fun gameplay unlike what is in my opinion the snorefest that is RIFTS combat system. Also, you don't need to pay a sub, 1 day all day of 3 casual days of shiphand and daily farming ang you have a month of time right there.  Also, if thats the argument you use, then WoW should not have didly squat of a playerbase sense WoD lacks so much essential content.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    It's 5 years too late (staring at feet issues aside). Wow has captured the raiding community and they do it better than wildstar, and every other game has evolved away from this dated game style.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

Too bad for Wildstar that WoD came out, now there is really no reason for raiders to return until they get bored with WoW, and if you are bored with WoW I doubt you would find Wildstar different enough to relieve that boredom.

The era of sub-par clones is about over. Now we have moved on to crappy F2P sandparks. Progress!

No the era of sub par clones are over, devs get copying is dead that's why modern MMO are starting to introduce sand park elements and AA advancement. The old dinasaur lives, but new dinasaurs we don't need.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    If Wildstar yelled they really got what they were trying to do and its all fixed. I might try it again. If they chuck me a free weekend or week. I would not jump at it. Now if they really wanted me back, they would hand out to anyone who pre-ordered and subbed a free month. I would jump at that to see if they really fixed it. 
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

I've always been mildly interested in checking the game out, but unfortunately trying to find a guest pass is like pulling teeth. Not an easy task at all.

If I could snag I pass, and I find that I enjoy my time during the trial period, I would purchase for sure.

• Arachneus1Arachneus1 Member UncommonPosts: 248
    I will only come back if they introduce LFR tool.  I cannot join a guild to do a raid because my hours of availability are constantly changing each week working for a police department.  Therefor my days off are rotating and I cannot stay steady like a guild would need.  a LFR tool would be a perfect addition and they wouldn't even need to dumb down the content I say.
    Wildstar is a raiding game in the classic sense - aiming at high co-ordination, high memorisation of attack patterns - that means scheduled hours with a settled group to learn through rote and consistency.

• NecropsieNecropsie Member UncommonPosts: 142

Do you still feel tired after playing a couple of hours? Stressed even? Yes.

Is this an unwind game playable after a long workday now? No.

Toxic playerbase has changed? I mean, the small (very small) group still playing Wildstar was acting like a lost tribe last time i've seen, spitting "strangers", yelling "go back to azeroth, you trolls, you kids, you will never love this game like we do".  Hell, go read this thread's post in reddit, they are cursing people who said "WoW has better raids". This changed? No. It got worst. Do i want to be a part of this community? Hell no.

Wildstar is still the same bullcrap - imitating "hardcore" with no real skills needed, you just need to play the game for 8 hours a day and repeat some mechanical movement over and over and over. Voila, you are ossum super duper player now. This is changed? No.

Then, you really, really shouldn't go back.

Stages of a new mmo: 1) It's just beta. It still has plenty of time before release. 2) It just launched. Give it time. WoW wasn't built in a day. 3) We don't need you anyway. 4) F2P announced. 5)Huge influx of players. 6) Look how much has changed. 7) Cash shop is the only thing developed lately. 8) It has been a long journey and we thank everyone who was part of it. Shutting down in 3 months. (Courtesy of Robokapp.)

• PhertiasPhertias Member UncommonPosts: 51

Wildstar is still the best game out there, and for those who claim it is easy, they obviously havent tried end-game content. Also remember that people´s taste have changed.

Once upon a time they wanted a MMORPG which they would pay a sub-fee for because they knew the money would be spend on new content. Now, people prefer F2P junk because people prefer mounts and bought gear over actual content. People are cheap, end of story :)

• njoy420njoy420 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by Necropsie

Do you still feel tired after playing a couple of hours? Stressed even? Yes.

Is this an unwind game playable after a long workday now? No.

Toxic playerbase has changed? I mean, the small (very small) group still playing Wildstar was acting like a lost tribe last time i've seen, spitting "strangers", yelling "go back to azeroth, you trolls, you kids, you will never love this game like we do".  Hell, go read this thread's post in reddit, they are cursing people who said "WoW has better raids". This changed? No. It got worst. Do i want to be a part of this community? Hell no.

Wildstar is still the same bullcrap - imitating "hardcore" with no real skills needed, you just need to play the game for 8 hours a day and repeat some mechanical movement over and over and over. Voila, you are ossum super duper player now. This is changed? No.

Then, you really, really shouldn't go back.

Well thats a blatant lie, i challenge you to prove those claims, show me a reddit post where people say the things you claim. "you will never love this game like we do" are you kidding me?

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    If Wildstar yelled they really got what they were trying to do and its all fixed. I might try it again. If they chuck me a free weekend or week. I would not jump at it. Now if they really wanted me back, they would hand out to anyone who pre-ordered and subbed a free month. I would jump at that to see if they really fixed it. 

this

FFXIV for example is running a free weekend for old subs , and only 4 days after gold saucer has been implemented , thats how u recapture old players....

telling players comeback , we have fixed everything !!! , or we implemented cool things....u are going to enjoy it!!! , OK!!!!...oh wait....i gotta pay  1 eh? ..... yeah.....NOP!

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Skuall

this

FFXIV for example is running a free weekend for old subs , and only 4 days after gold saucer has been implemented , thats how u recapture old players....

telling players comeback , we have fixed everything !!! , or we implemented cool things....u are going to enjoy it!!! , OK!!!!...oh wait....i gotta pay  1 eh? ..... yeah.....NOP!

Nope I have FFXiV and I sub be for, they have not let me in the free weekend so far I am getting when I try to take a look again.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Originally posted by Kost

I've always been mildly interested in checking the game out, but unfortunately trying to find a guest pass is like pulling teeth. Not an easy task at all.

If I could snag I pass, and I find that I enjoy my time during the trial period, I would purchase for sure.

There is a 10 days trial for everyone. Both old subscribers and new users can make use of it. Try it for yourself and see if its suits you. Imho WS after Drop 4 is a much much better game and it will get better when the PvP focused Drop 5 hits the servers.

Anyway games are all about personal tastes, so give it a try :)

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

Originally posted by Skuall

this

There is a 10 days trial for everyone. Both old and new players can take use of it.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    I would love to give Wildstar a shot...but not until it de-associates with NCSoft.

<3

Btw a few hours ago <Enigma> guild did a world first in Datascape (20man) Avatus. For anyone who wants to check it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCTtlut4lIE

hehe i think the 'world first' thing is a bit old fashioned these days :) the only people who care nowadays are those in the race.

• movros99movros99 Member UncommonPosts: 125
    I refuse to play another quest-grinding MMO with levels and a PvE focus.
  • grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    Originally posted by dreamscaper
    I would love to give Wildstar a shot...but not until it de-associates with NCSoft.

This.

• shadow9d9shadow9d9 Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Originally posted by SoloAnything

I never understood the hangup on subscription fees.  $15 a month is inconsequential to an adult.  Cost or non cost, the reason not to return to, or even try Wildstar, is that it is just another wow repeat.  The gameplay is tired.  I don't play tired games regardless of price.  It is the game that matters.  If the game was brilliant and a breath of fresh air, the $15 would gladly be paid by all.  

• HtorneHtorne Member Posts: 9
    I just bought the game, an I am enjoying myself. I also play WoW, Secret World and EVE (since 2003) - but I'm no raider, just a mmo tourist. The game play is fun, the game I think, looks great. I relax play solo, kill space monsters and read a little lore now and then. Cute game, fun to play.