Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar??

snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

I thought i resubbed to try it and see the state of the game.,,

I played 2 hours yesterday and didin't see one living soul!

Is Wildstar dead??

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

Comments

• TheGoblinKingTheGoblinKing Member UncommonPosts: 208

Depends what server you are on. The PVP servers are dead. Everyone left and came to the PVE ones.

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    I am on a pve server....

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• b00feyblitzb00feyblitz Member CommonPosts: 7
    Saw plenty of ppl while I was on yesterday.  PVE server.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Originally posted by snoocky

I thought i resubbed to try it and see the state of the game.,,

I played 2 hours yesterday and didin't see one living soul!

Is Wildstar dead??

I've been giving thoughts to going back too (I got the 1 year sub so I have time). Is it much better than before or did you not see many changes?

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    I had the same thoughts, but when playing in an empty world, its a petty that I resubbed i guess,,,

Edgar Allan Poe

• PhertiasPhertias Member UncommonPosts: 51

The problem is that when there are few people online, new people will less likely stay and thus more people will leave and the endless circle continues in a positive feedback loop until very few people are left.

Carbine should make Free Trials available for the game or something. The biggest problem right now is the amount of people playing. And they cant sustain a playerbase if they dont do something soon to fix it. 

• IridescentJoeIridescentJoe Member Posts: 89
    You don't see many players around because they are either just running end-game dungeons or in PvP matches. 90% of the open world is empty.
  • UilnaydarUilnaydar Member UncommonPosts: 10

Sadly, it's what I saw when I resubbed. Played a week and logged out when I didn't see even one guild member and the open world was a ghost town.

I wanted this game to work too.

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Wildstar got sent to the corner to think about what it did.

We'll see what happens when it gets out of time-out.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by Phertias

The problem is that when there are few people online, new people will less likely stay and thus more people will leave and the endless circle continues in a positive feedback loop until very few people are left.

Carbine should make Free Trials available for the game or something. The biggest problem right now is the amount of people playing. And they cant sustain a playerbase if they dont do something soon to fix it. 

They did... I know because I got a 2 weeks free pass to play it.  I didn't like it enough to even finish out the 2 free weeks.  LOL, had I not gotten a chance to play it for free, I might have actually bought the game to see what it was like for myself.  Luckily Carbine saved me $60 and lost $60.  Pretty cool, huh?

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Gotta get out of the lowbie zones. 

Thanks to all the bad press/word of mouth, there's very few new characters that aren't alts. 

I honestly don't get why people would think anything else when there was such a massive s-storm surrounding the game.

Anyway, get to a hub city, you'll see a lot more people.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I completely forgot this game even existed! Not even joking... It doesn't seem to ever show up in any news articles...

Have they been doing anything with the game? Usually big updates get some articles on this site.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Originally posted by Dreamo84
    I completely forgot this game even existed! Not even joking... It doesn't seem to ever show up in any news articles...

Have they been doing anything with the game? Usually big updates get some articles on this site.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/632/feature/9364/Diving-into-the-Protogames-Initiative.html/page/1

I'm also thinking of re-subbing a month, but I'm having difficulty bringing myself to do it.

• MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182
    I actually bought it for the first time just a week ago and I have to admit I do like the game so far. Shame about the population since I'm on the EU PvE server and have seen four other players so far.