Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free to Play or Buy to Play Skill based MMO?

KytroPTKytroPT Member Posts: 2
<div showborder"="">

Hello everyone!

For the past week I've been searching for a great MMO and doesn't make us follow 12038 quests, because I'm tired of that, for real. Every MMO that my friends play it's about, questing, hours and hours doing the same, or killing some monsters, gathering some stuff, it's boring for me.

I've played Runescape since 2006, and I like the game still, it's not a bad game, doesn't make you follow quests to lvl up faster, but yet you need to complete some of the quests to gain access to something but isn't that bad.

I know that some of you may say that quests are part of every game, and we should have them to know the story of the game. I know that, I even love fantasy stories, but sometimes it's boring.

So, basically my question... Is there any game that is skill based?

I don't mind having to do some quests, but I like games that make you lvl up your skills and I love games with tons and tons of skills, like Entropia Universe, it's a great game, but real economy isn't my type.

If the game is F2P, that would be amazing, but I can go for a B2P game, if it's worth it.

Appreciate every single suggestion.

Thank you!

Comments

• JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674

There is simply no game that doesn't cover grind that might be something you are looking for.

Since you liked Runescape, Tibia might be an option. There is grind to do.. Infact, mainly grinding. But it is skill based in all ways and pretty hardcore.

The only real skill based game that I recommend these days is Darkfall Unholy Wars, but it is P2P. The only P2P that I find worth it now though.

• HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

Wurm Online

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• KytroPTKytroPT Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Jakobmiller

There is simply no game that doesn't cover grind that might be something you are looking for.

Since you liked Runescape, Tibia might be an option. There is grind to do.. Infact, mainly grinding. But it is skill based in all ways and pretty hardcore.

The only real skill based game that I recommend these days is Darkfall Unholy Wars, but it is P2P. The only P2P that I find worth it now though.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Well I don't mind doing quests at all, but most of the games I've played with friends let's say, it's too repetitive. For example Runescape has tons of quests, but it doesn't make you do it all, unless you want to.

Darkfall Unholy Wars, I've heard of it before but the price it's too much for me right now, I've watched videos and it seems nice, I might try it for 1 or 2 months, but first I'll search for more info about it, I have some friends that play it too.

I'll pass Tibia, I've played it, didn't really like it to be honest. But if there's any other F2P game (if the quests aren't that repetitive) I'll be glad to try it!

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Fallen Earth again.

The reason I suggest it for you is because of the skill system.  You do level, but leveling basically just increase your stat limits.  You create your own individual character through the use of AP points.  You can use a max of 1960 AP points to build your toon.

These are applied to basic stats, strength, power, perception etc.  These increase the stats for the weapons you use and for the individual skills which you can choose for your character.  These individual skills are also raised by AP points.  Basic skills are raised by simply performing that skill.     It allows for a lot of variety when it comes to building a character.

As for quests, lets face it, they are repetitive in almost all MMO's.  The nice thing about FE is that the quests are not linear.  You can basically go out in the world and grind if you choose.  Or just pick up quests here and there to do at your leisure.  There are main story quests, faction quests and such as well, so a bit more variety  than usual, also.

And finally it is a crafting game.   No gear drops or only very rarely and sometimes as mission rewards.  Most of what drops is mats for crafting and selling to raise cash.   If you want better gear you have to make it yourself or buy it from someone else.   So all that killing and looting you do has purpose, since you either need the mats or you need the money to improve your gear.

And best of all, completely F2P, and not P2W.  In fact it is ridiculous how free this game is.  Why it is still around when you can play the entire game for free, is still a mystery for me.   And if you spend 5 bucks you get freemium which gives you 3 character slots and some crafting boosts but even that is hardly necessary to play the game.

You will likely get bored of it too eventually, though I have played off and on for about 3+ years now.  Its one of those games I can always come back to and settle in to just do a few things and have fun.   Worth a look for sure.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• LordArcaneLordArcane Member UncommonPosts: 34

If you liked Runescape, try out Ashen Empires. Literally skills for days. You have mining, forging, and then blacksmithing. Then Lumberjacking, milling, carpentry, farming, cooking, brewing, alchemy for potions, rune crafting for runes, you have Crossbows and Bows, as well as thrown weapons. Mage skills such as the base 4, Mind, Body, Soul, Nature, as well as leveling up critical heal, critical blast. For Weapons you have Short blades, large blades, axes, polearms, unarmed combat (This includes a whole selection of weapons only for unarmed combat), Dodge, Double attack, Block, it is insane how many skills there are. You have repair skills, such as armor repair, cloth, wood, etc etc. You have Sailing and Canon Fighting skills.

If any of this interests you check out this link, and see some skills and weapons/gear! It's great!

www.aedatabase.com

Goodluck!

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    i would say try repopulation - it is in late alpha only, but i do remember a lot of games which were in worse shape when they released.
  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593

Any MMO pure skill based 

NOTHING FOUND , try moba/FPS

And none F2P are equal

best you need find out P2P game like Mortal or WoW or Eve 

B2P its fine to 

Any F2P have stupid cash shop and suggest move on 

• NudalusNudalus Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by KytroPT
    Originally posted by Jakobmiller

or example Runescape has tons of quests, but it doesn't make you do it all, unless you want to.

Darkfall Unholy Wars, I've heard of it before but the price it's too much for me right now, I've watched videos and it seems nice, I might try it for 1 or 2 months, but first I'll search for more info about it, I have some friends that play it t

Pass over Darkfall. As a DF1 / UW player, the game has died. You can run across the world for hours not finding a single person during peak hours.

Most of the core has moved on. The devs basically stabbed us in the back.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    ESO
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • krondinkrondin Member UncommonPosts: 106

Absolutely, Positively ....... try .... Project Gorgon. 

Its in pre alpha testing, completely skill based, and no cost, not even a cash store. Free and open to all.  Its not 100% top of the line graphics for characters, but the world is pretty good and the play is amazing!  You level your skills by doing them. there is no player lvl per say.

projectgorgon.com

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Boneserino's suggestion of Fallen Earth is a good one.  The PVE is kinda meh, but overall it's pretty solid for what you are looking for.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor