Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

just bought eso

evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131

Hi guys, I just bought ESO since theres a discount from mmorpg.com link for 25 bucks lol. I saw that eso went down the b2p route and I need a new game cause im sick of wow pvp.

I hope I don't regret this purchase as I will play eso purely for pvp xD.

Wanna play some casters for pvp, are they good?

Comments

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    It's a Pitty you don't like pve, I've just finished my first faction, the ending to the story wax pretty damn good, and I hit 50 about 5 mins before I completed. Best questing experience since vanilla wow, and I have still got the other 2 factions and about 200 hours to go lol. I love this game :)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Originally posted by xNIAx1

If you're JUST getting tired of WoW, chances are you need a break from games period. Instead you are treating your need for a break as if you need to play a different game. If you loved wow once upon a time, you will never enjoy eso. Sure, you're gonna get all hyped up for a new game but it doesn't last long. 

you should of spent that money on taking out your invisible girlfriend.

Well, since wow's pvp and ESO's pvp is like night and day. He might enjoy it especially since he got the game already. Plus there is no harm in trying it out.

I recently got the game myself and I am having a blast with it, and I also have an active subscription to wow and played it since vanilla. Don't know why but I have been getting bored with Wow lately, just log in now on the weekends just to do the raids with my guildies and leave right after. What I found from playing ESO is that you get a lot more immersed in this game than playing wow, due to the quests and storyline.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Thx for the vid :) . Currently downloading eso now, can't wait to hop in lol.
  • ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

If you're JUST getting tired of WoW, chances are you need a break from games period. Instead you are treating your need for a break as if you need to play a different game. If you loved wow once upon a time, you will never enjoy eso. Sure, you're gonna get all hyped up for a new game but it doesn't last long.  you should of spent that money on taking out your invisible girlfriend.

Some will find out hard way.

They first buy then ask and suffer for ther purchase before even investigate.

Rins and repeat i see this kind of bahavior for years now when will they ever learn;)

Hope he likes it ESO is not even close to a Elder Scroll game it only similar name and some lore but nothing to do with solo true Elder Scroll games.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

If you're JUST getting tired of WoW, chances are you need a break from games period. Instead you are treating your need for a break as if you need to play a different game. If you loved wow once upon a time, you will never enjoy eso. Sure, you're gonna get all hyped up for a new game but it doesn't last long. 

So because they loved "WoW once upon a time" they can't ever enjoy a different MMO?

Man, I guess I should've quit long ago after I left my first MMO. Sometimes you people completely baffle me.

I've enjoyed WoW for a good period of time over the years (probably 2-3 years of playing in total) and I enjoy ESO well enough.

Enjoy your new game, sadWinds! Don't listen to all the doomsayers and make up your own mind! (Which you seem to have already done, since you bought it without their approval!)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

This post is just devoid of logic. And that invisible girlfriend comment is just lolz. I would just ignore this poster OP.

Eso is quite fun and pvp is pretty good. Hope you enjoy it.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Originally posted by sadWinds
    Thx for the vid :) . Currently downloading eso now, can't wait to hop in lol.

Glad I could help, hope you enjoy the game :).

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593

Yea ignore this haters

Keep in mind each game its game have uniques quality 

And mechanics to play and learn , boring and cool its only up to you

Play , dont be forumwarrior with based in youtubers and streamers (ITS DAMM CANCER of interwebz)

Keep in mind strong point in ESO about Massive PVP , Smal groups against large ones(at last to me best point)

all others stuffs like leveling / lore / dugeon its boring but i going say again its my opinion

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    WoW and ESO have very different gameplay to them.  ESO has alot of twitch based combat, like dodging, blocking, and breaking CC.  PvP is a lot about resource management as well.  If you run out of a stamina and can't break out of a stun, you'll probably die. If you run out of mana and can't get a heal or CC off, you'll probably die as well.  It's very fun, and there are many things like the NB's shade teleport that adds a totally different  aspect to PvP that WoW doesn't have.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    WoW and ESO have very different gameplay to them.  ESO has alot of twitch based combat, like dodging, blocking, and breaking CC.  PvP is a lot about resource management as well.  If you run out of a stamina and can't break out of a stun, you'll probably die. If you run out of mana and can't get a heal or CC off, you'll probably die as well.  It's very fun, and there are many things like the NB's shade teleport that adds a totally different  aspect to PvP that WoW doesn't have.

I agree with what you're saying in general but I just wanted to point out that WOW did have something very similar to the NB Shade teleport. Affliction Warlocks had that -- instead of a shade we had a summoning circle... I used it quite often in PVP.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316

I've been playing ESO more on than off since release and think it is a very well done MMORPG. I prefer the Daggerfall and Ebonheart campaigns but if you like elves there is the AD. 

The game is not perfect but very enjoyable for me personally. 

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

Sad sad sad... So if WOW is no longer working then people should just quit gaming and start wacking off more.  Man you are missing some really good games.

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

Casters are very good. Technically, all characters are casters to a certain degree, but you have the option to go full caster.

If you loved wow once upon a time, you will never enjoy eso. Sure, you're gonna get all hyped up for a new game but it doesn't last long. 

That makes comment made no sense.    Saying something like that is like saying "if you used to love your CD player, once upon a time, you will never enjoy an MP3 player".  WoW is a 10 year old game. Times change. Technology changes. People's interests change.  Not everyone is a WoW fanatic that needs every other MMO to be like WoW. In fact, many are looking for new games that aren't like WoW.

Originally posted by Classicstar

Some will find out hard way.

They first buy then ask and suffer for ther purchase before even investigate.

Rins and repeat i see this kind of bahavior for years now when will they ever learn;)

Hope he likes it ESO is not even close to a Elder Scroll game it only similar name and some lore but nothing to do with solo true Elder Scroll games.

Not sure why you quoted the guy who said that he would not like it if he used to love WoW, and agreed with him while simultaneously hating on it for not being like the TES games. WoW is nothing like the TES games, far less so, in fact, than ESO.  It seems like you just wanted to hate on the game and found the nearest, albeit unlikely, ally.

It is an MMO, so you can't expect it to play like a single player game. Certain sacrifices have to be made in order to make a viable MMO. Overall, I think they did a decent job capturing the spirit of the old TES, even if the gameplay itself is different.

Besides, the OP came to play PvP and really has no interest in the PvE. He is probably glad that it is not like those other TES games.