Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert - Ultra Graphics Video

YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

This is a fairly nice video by Steparu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlSzQd9kD6Q

He goes on to say that in the current Korean Beta version there isn't enough team-based gameplay or a lot to do other than grind in preparation for the Guild Versus Guild update.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Solid graphics but did you notice something about that female  model?

It gives it away that it is Asian designed when you see that hunched over movement.They always overdo it,makes the character look kind of ugly  otherwise the character is a solid looking  model.

We saw these kinds of animation 15 years ago in Asian games,go figure they have not improved upon one of Asia's biggest weaknesses in game design and that is animations.

As of the mention of not much to do but grind,then the mention of pvp not a very good formula to entice players from N.America.

FFXIV has the same quality graphics but it is all about the game play,graphics are nice yes,it gives an idea of the developers effort .

Pvp was the focus of Archeage and i said it then that was a huge mistake and really the ONLY reason i decided to not play it.

Pvp is a reversal of effort that i see in the graphics because pvp takes the smallest effort by a game designer.It basically turns a game into create a nice world then just flag players for pvp everywhere or in certain zones.

Once pvp becomes a factor in any game it automatically ruins PVE and PVE grouping,there is no way to do it right.

You are NOT going to create longevity for your game or  it's community,players will do like they have been doing in every similar game,run the course of the quest leveling then quit or move on to the next game doing the same thing.

It is too bad because i really had a feeling that AA was going to break free from the simple quest+end game+pvp  designs,then i had mild hope from this game,but now it seems hope  has just left the building.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Geez anti-pvp dude. Haven't killed 10 rats, collected 3 skins every way possible? How many ways can you not stand in red? Let the genre breath and grow a little. Back off a bit. Maybe even learn how to do it?

Good pvp is by far the hardest thing to do in an mmorpg. If it's done right you have evergreen content for years ot come. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Games looks amazing.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Yeah game looks really good. image at the fire not burning her though. The cat will give her away. Agree that animation the running could do with some work.

• cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Even in it's current state i'd still take it over anything we currently have on the market.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

There's one thing that annoys me, and one that I'm incredibly impressed with.

I hate how the character looks at you when you pan around, as to me that breaks immersion and the fourth wall.

...But I love how you can lean against walls and sit on pretty much anything -- even on the top of walls or roofs, as it detects it and positions you just right so that you legs dangle over it.

Any MMORPG in 2015 that doesn't have the ability to sit on chair is one that I don't even give the time of day anymore.  They don't care about immersion or the "RP" in the namesake.  I mean heck, even Ultima Online had this basic feature, and Skyrim -- which is a single player game -- has it as well.  My biggest pet peeve in Guild Wars 2 as well, in addition to the no tanks or healers and the lack of good writing (Storytelling in the base game) and no Housing.  Heck, even games that try to copy WoW lack this feature, when it's something WoW goes to great length to include in most cases.

Gone are the days where I just station my character next to a table that has chairs, pretending that I'm sitting in it.  I was glad when the made such a big deal out of it in one of the Shroud of the Avatar videos.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Stunlocked but i have others cocern about blackdesert
  • LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

There's one thing that annoys me, and one that I'm incredibly impressed with.

I hate how the character looks at you when you pan around, as to me that breaks immersion and the fourth wall.

...But I love how you can lean against walls and sit on pretty much anything -- even on the top of walls or roofs, as it detects it and positions you just right so that you legs dangle over it.

Any MMORPG in 2015 that doesn't have the ability to sit on chair is one that I don't even give the time of day anymore.  They don't care about immersion or the "RP" in the namesake.  I mean heck, even Ultima Online had this basic feature, and Skyrim -- which is a single player game -- has it as well.  My biggest pet peeve in Guild Wars 2 as well, in addition to the no tanks or healers and the lack of good writing (Storytelling in the base game) and no Housing.  Heck, even games that try to copy WoW lack this feature, when it's something WoW goes to great length to include in most cases.

Gone are the days where I just station my character next to a table that has chairs, pretending that I'm sitting in it.  I was glad when the made such a big deal out of it in one of the Shroud of the Avatar videos.

There is an option to turn off the character from looking at you in the character creation so there might be an option inside the game as well.  I just haven't found it yet.  Taking awhile for me to translate Korean.

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Lol archeage all over again..

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe