Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: The Game of Love

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

To my darling beloved,

I remember, back in the day, when we used to be together. You were the most beautiful game on the planet, and I couldn’t help but fall for your beauty.

Read more of Victor Barreiro Jr.'s Final Fantasy XIV: The Game of Love.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Touched me.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• RolanStormRolanStorm Member UncommonPosts: 198
    That was elegant. :)
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Mr.Yoshida does have passion and is a hard worker but imo he is not very good at guiding great game design,he is simply a hard worker and a respectful person.

I have found over the years that Square has built a sort of passionate theme to their games.FFX was an amazing story with Yuna and her quest.FFXI also had a lot of built in passion and you could even get married in game.

Other game developers simply have no clue how  to create a vibe and passion within a game,they simply toss together  game ideas and hope it sells.Personally i feel FFXIV is perhaps their weakest effort and i saw it coming.Sure they put a lot more effort into it after it slid out of the gates,but the design and damage was already done.

It is  too bad i have loved most of Square Enix's games.The design of FFXIV is one that can never be changed to my liking,so i will never be going back to it ../sad times.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    How the heck did this dbl post.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    You can get married in FFXIV too you know.