Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Typical SOE foolery

TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

So SOE releases one of there famous 'Screw the game up over the weekend patch" and then hits the road on the weekend to leave us players to deal with it...

Happened constantly in Planetside 1 and 2, Vanguard, Everquest, etc...

What is the problem this time you ask?  Directly from their own patch notes...

#1  •Loot spawn adjustments

#2  •Furnaces now take damage/decay and can be repaired with hammers.

Lets start with number 1, they were very vague about "Loot spawn adjustments" but it seems that their version of "Loot spawn adjustments" was making it so that hardly any GUNS spawn in game....To make matters worse if you somehow kill someone who has a gun, when you go to loot them... THE GUN IS BROKEN... Cant tell you how frustrating it is to run around with 200 shot gun rounds, 443 .223 rounds and 184 .45 runs but NO FREAKING GUN.  So instead of me letting you know how this feels, I will direct you to others voicing their opinion on it.  https://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2ubipb/is_it_just_me_the_guns_situation/

# 2... Which in some ways is even more frustration.. You see people in this game use furnaces to block EVERYTHING... See a building you want to go into?  Well to bad because it is blocked by a wall of furnaces.. I even played on one server that has the freaking Police station walled off by furnaces... But SOE fixed that now, they can take damage according to the PATCH NOTES! Wrong, they didn't fix anything I guess someone forgot to install that code before they left for the weekend so that patch note pretty much does not work... Some people are even using furnaces to grief people by trapping them in rooms or houses with them. But the best use of them is they stack them up to get inside the base you spent hours building, then they come and take all your stuff and even if you do catch them in the act, YOU CANNOT DESTROY THE FREAKING THINGS...

I know I know, its alpha blah blah blah... But the thing is, they have a history of having these patches released on us during regular releases... Anyone that played Planetside 2 and had to deal with SOE "performance patches" that would pretty much cause crashing and server lag all weekend log knows what I am talking about.

SO I guess the what I am really trying to get at is that if you are going to screw your game up SOE, how about doing it on a Wednesday?!.... That way you can repair it before the weekend, sense more then likely it has something wrong with it.

------------------------------
You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Then why are you playing this game ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Dunno 'bout furnaces but there ain't supposed to be easy guns in this game, they are supposed to be very rare.. Good for them for fixing that and boohoo to all the people crying nerf! because the easy weapons are now not so easy

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

No I personally have no idea what you are talking about, ps2 run fine for me always, and got better with the performance optimizations as the game progressed. Even my older machine a dual core e6600 was running it fluidly in the end.

Regarding H1Z1 post you made here it seems you were sent on some errand to belittle it or something?

It is the most fun I have had in one of these survival/zombie so called games in a long time. The sheer atmosphere alone so far is great for such an early build. The engine is solid but a few issues for some with crashing but that seems to be so far as I can see a nvidia driver related issue or maybe crossed with something in the code right now of the game. Otherwise play all day with no crash as long as I dont chop a tree. I get my son or mates to do that instead who seem to not have the issue on ati cards.

Your post just seems more of riducule and to stir up the pot other than be honest about the game.

P.S is BINA your name, Its indian right? Also furnaces I destroyed last night at base at mansion blocking it all, be aware the furnaces do not have the damage meter on them like other items.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Tinybina

I know I know, its alpha blah blah blah... 

So, you are aware of it and yet you dismiss it as if it isn't relevant?

What an odd perspective, at least to me. Why would anyone get involved in an alpha state game and then bitch about how it isn't perfect?

C'mon...

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    When you charge for access, have a full working cash shop, you are no longer playing a alpha/beta. SOE and other devs are lying to people by using those terms.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by randomt

Dunno 'bout furnaces but there ain't supposed to be easy guns in this game, they are supposed to be very rare.. Good for them for fixing that and boohoo to all the people crying nerf! because the easy weapons are now not so easy

Except they have a duping issue they have yet to fix and a whole hacker site with a forum thread dedicated to hacks that work in this game..

So basically you have several people on each server that can produce a wpn at will or others that can create copys of their wpns for their friends or themselves to stash while the rest of us are running around with bows because weapon spawns are screwed..

Yeah that makes total sense.

You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by lugal
    When you charge for access, have a full working cash shop, you are no longer playing a alpha/beta. SOE and other devs are lying to people by using those terms.

Exactly

I won't even get into the Airdrop fiasco...

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I will try it when it launch for free. I hope it looks and feels like dying light!

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758

Anyone who bought into this game will have been warned:

"Early Access Game

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development."

It seems someone missed it.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

i have had my grips with soe  even about h1z1 because initially it is clear to see they wanted us to  "buy" our loot.

but honestly that changed quickly when people complained and not sure if your server is basically overflowing with people and thats why you are struggling to find guns but i have certainly had zero issues finding them on medium servers .tbh maybe way too easy as 30 minutes of play  i am well armed and even leaving weapons behind due to space.

i suspect you play on a full server and only stick to main towns.main towns are a bad idea because thats where armed gangs hang out and clear up waiting to kill someone who runs thru.if you look at a player made map you have a better idea where to go to get weapons.

at present guns are too common in my view.

performance like many others said is very good esp. for a early alpha.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

The 'fiasco' was just a creation of internet hive mind histrionics.

MMORPGers just love to jump aboard the drama train and get outraged. Any shallow reason will do to be mortally offended. The airdrops were a perfect case in point of that. It was embarrassing to watch tbh.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    histrionics.

Man, I love this word.

Maybe it is, but the issue is indicative of a deeper problem that the consumer base is losing trust in companies, maybe even specifically SOE, and this "last minute change", "oversight", even "bait and switch" to a lesser degree, whatever you want to call it, feeds ammunition. Smedley has to know this and while it's understandably important to proceed with an air of confidence, he needs to be considering how not to let pr disasters like this happen, regardless of who is at "fault", the "histrionical" masses or himself.

• mrneurosismrneurosis Member UncommonPosts: 314

What an odd perspective, at least to me. Why would anyone get involved in an alpha state game and then bitch about how it isn't perfect?

C'mon...

Yes and alpha with upfront full cost and fully functional cash shop. 

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by mrneurosis

C'mon...

As long as they know it is alpha then the player is the moron.

Originally posted by Horusra

C'mon...

I think my post went over your head. And there is no need for name calling.

C'mon...

Yes, this. I'm especially disappointed in SOE for this. People are already paying to be guinea pigs, then charge additionally as if the game is live. Just to save face, imo, they should reimburse all the people who paid for these drops with a queue of new drops when the game goes live. Damnit, I'm so looking forward to EQN to the point of seeming a shill, I'm sure, and this is like a stab in the back. The more I think about it, the more cross I become. They're making it really hard to not be a detractor. Maybe they think they "got it like that". Maybe they need to get over themselves.

C'mon...

But why make morons of your player base? What the hell is that?

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Adjuvant1

C'mon...

But why make morons of your player base? What the hell is that?

LMAO !

Sigh, there is no hope...

Next we'll have people launching class-action lawsuits because "SOE knowingly and intentionally allowed the players to make fools of themselves" ! image

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

The 'fiasco' was just a creation of internet hive mind histrionics.

MMORPGers just love to jump aboard the drama train and get outraged. Any shallow reason will do to be mortally offended. The airdrops were a perfect case in point of that. It was embarrassing to watch tbh.

Yeah it's just a creation of internet hive minds! Not like SOE is selling a chance at in game guns for real life money. I mean straight up Pay 2 Win is just a shallow reason to be offended. Thank goodness it's not P2W since there is a chance you could get nothing.

I don't get why they don't just have a cash shop with every item in the game for real life money that just spawns in your inventory. Just scrap the random chance stuff all together, I mean it's just a gimmick that makes it Pay 2 Lose gambling really, since you have a chance at getting nothing.

Maybe it's because:

“We will NOT be selling guns, ammo, food, water... i.e. That's kind of the whole game and it would suck in our opinion if we did that.”

I guess some people are of the opinion that random lock boxes dropped from the air that anyone can loot purchased for real money are in fact complete BS regardless of the Pay2Win or not semantics.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    That's what you get for paying for a beta.
  • booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289

One Word:  FireFall

Just because you are playing a game in Alpha or Beta phase does not mean it's development can make a 180 at the time of it's launch.  Same thing happened with ArcheAge.  I would rather have SoE play around with changes in the game during Alpha then having it happen when it goes live.  Hell, they could be doing it on purpose just to get some free press because it's test phase and they can change up any time they choose to. 

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by nilden

“We will NOT be selling guns, ammo, food, water... i.e. That's kind of the whole game and it would suck in our opinion if we did that.”

I guess some people are of the opinion that random lock boxes dropped from the air that anyone can loot purchased for real money are in fact complete BS regardless of the Pay2Win or not semantics.

Ok... Challenge for you... Make a video of you logging in to H1Z1 and buying guns and ammo with real money...

What they sell is nothing different from a dungeon key... A competetive dungeon to boot... Is it a shitty thing to do yes but when they talked about not selling guns and ammo (apart form that post now almost a year old that have been over ruled twice at least) they where talking about your personal loot as in finding a nice hidey-hole and flexing your credit-card until you where so knee deep in guns and ammo that Charlton Heston would have had a *bliiiiip* tall enough to fly a flag from... Heck (take it for what it is worth) but even the dev who streamed have come forth and said he did not even think about airdrops when he made his comment... Now you can call him a lying sod all you want... But that sword cuts both ways.

So to sum it up....

- You still can not outright buy guns and ammo in H1Z1

- The game is in alpha/beta no matter how much you paid for it until the devs say it is not.

- Above is ok as you where warned before getting that so was the case.

- A game does not magically have a retail release just because you say so.

- SOE´s reaction to this so far have been miles above the old SOE. Trust me.. i was there.

This have been a good conversation

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    You should probably go tell your mommy. Seriously is this worth complaining about? This is 2015 we accept all sorts of crap.
    Originally posted by tawess
    Originally posted by nilden

Ok... Challenge for you... Make a video of you logging in to H1Z1 and buying guns and ammo with real money...

What they sell is nothing different from a dungeon key... A competetive dungeon to boot... Is it a shitty thing to do yes but when they talked about not selling guns and ammo (apart form that post now almost a year old that have been over ruled twice at least) they where talking about your personal loot as in finding a nice hidey-hole and flexing your credit-card until you where so knee deep in guns and ammo that Charlton Heston would have had a *bliiiiip* tall enough to fly a flag from... Heck (take it for what it is worth) but even the dev who streamed have come forth and said he did not even think about airdrops when he made his comment... Now you can call him a lying sod all you want... But that sword cuts both ways.

So to sum it up....

- You still can not outright buy guns and ammo in H1Z1

- The game is in alpha/beta no matter how much you paid for it until the devs say it is not.

- Above is ok as you where warned before getting that so was the case.

- A game does not magically have a retail release just because you say so.

- SOE´s reaction to this so far have been miles above the old SOE. Trust me.. i was there.

Yes yes we get. Word of dev is the gospel. It really surprises me how much people rely upon devs words even to this day.

Somethings are so damn obvious you don't need devs to tell it to you.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

Lots of semantics arguments in this game.

They DO in fact SELL guns. If you buy an air drop and it has a gun in it that gun cost someone real money. it did not spawn in the game it was bought and paid for. 

But SOE has gone way beyond even what ZoS did and other money grubbing developers.

Theyre making a free to play alpha version of the game pay to win. Thats how far SOE has fallen and apparently how broke they are.

Theyre taking money from people for a free game ( a lot of companies do that now) and also taking money from people for things that are going to be wiped before launch (SOE original but will definitely move forward).

Each and every new F2P game that comes out pushes the envelope even more with the people stupid enough to shell out money to get a first crack (pun not intended) at a game. Thats how desperate people are for a game to play. Just about ANYTHING that is new and can be logged into (or not  in some cases) people will spend money on. Sad state of affairs really but it will get worse and worse since these developers all notice it and will keep doing it as long as they can profit from it.