Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is a good Melee Solo Class that works Amazing in PvE and okay in Pvp? SOLO

kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

So I'm looking for a really kickass Melee Class. One that can wipe the floor in PvE and solo single target elite mobs that give quite a punch. Something that does not kill all my heath so fast that I'm having to run away all the time etc.

I been playing my Nightblade Archer. I sort of liked the archer at first. I mean I think the biggest reason is because you can always shoot at range and always get a hit or 2 off if other players are near you. In PvP this seems to also be the case plus you don't want to go to Melee range at low levels or your instantly gone.

But I seen in PvP and PvE some classes just wrecking everything even at lower levels without taking almost any damage or they tend to be able to recharge their health really fast.

I heard Templar and Dragon Knight is some the 2 best Melee classes for people who are not going for the whole cloak and dagger type feel. I'm looking for maybe more information the difference between the 2 classes and their playstyle. 

1 Hand and shield sounds like a badass combo depending if the DPS is good but I love to hear what you guys would suggest.

I want to crush in PvE and maybe do Okay in PvP as in if I need to use a bow in PvP to not die that would be fine.

SNIP

Comments

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

They changed everything with the new update 6. I'd test out some builds on the private test server using a max level character. I grabbed my VR6 main character on the PTS that is 2H+Bow+Sorc and was able to kill a VR14 bow user pretty efficiently. I used a VR14 templated 1H+2H+Sorc and honestly dealt a lot of constant sustained DPS with the 1H. 2H has some pretty big hits, but it's quite slower. Most of my skills are from Guild/PvP/Weapon lines, though, with maybe 1 or 2 magicka based Sorc skills per weapon. Funny thing is that my VR6 had the same or higher damage than my VR14 template probably due to the high leveled skills.

Go to the PTS and test things out or search on google and you can find builds. I have never searched for a build, usually build what feels good to me.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by kanechart

So I'm looking for a really kickass Melee Class. One that can wipe the floor in PvE and solo single target elite mobs that give quite a punch. Something that does not kill all my heath so fast that I'm having to run away all the time etc.

I been playing my Nightblade Archer. I sort of liked the archer at first. I mean I think the biggest reason is because you can always shoot at range and always get a hit or 2 off if other players are near you. In PvP this seems to also be the case plus you don't want to go to Melee range at low levels or your instantly gone.

But I seen in PvP and PvE some classes just wrecking everything even at lower levels without taking almost any damage or they tend to be able to recharge their health really fast.

I heard Templar and Dragon Knight is some the 2 best Melee classes for people who are not going for the whole cloak and dagger type feel. I'm looking for maybe more information the difference between the 2 classes and their playstyle. 

1 Hand and shield sounds like a badass combo depending if the DPS is good but I love to hear what you guys would suggest.

I want to crush in PvE and maybe do Okay in PvP as in if I need to use a bow in PvP to not die that would be fine.

Sorc is still > everything else.

If you want a melee class that truly feels like a melee class, just go w/ Nightblade (or Templar if you're thinking more Paladin). They're both good in their own ways, and can be good in PvP.

DK can be OP w/ certain builds, but tbh all classes work best w/ a mix of magicka / stamina, or with magicka.

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by Orious

They changed everything with the new update 6. I'd test out some builds on the private test server using a max level character. I grabbed my VR6 main character on the PTS that is 2H+Bow+Sorc and was able to kill a VR14 bow user pretty efficiently. I used a VR14 templated 1H+2H+Sorc and honestly dealt a lot of constant sustained DPS with the 1H. 2H has some pretty big hits, but it's quite slower. Most of my skills are from Guild/PvP/Weapon lines, though, with maybe 1 or 2 magicka based Sorc skills per weapon. Funny thing is that my VR6 had the same or higher damage than my VR14 template probably due to the high leveled skills.

Go to the PTS and test things out or search on google and you can find builds. I have never searched for a build, usually build what feels good to me.

I considered this but I have no clue what I'm doing. Highest I been has been level 20 and so I would not know what I'm even doing and I get very overwhelmed. Maybe I'm just an idiot. 

SNIP

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by kanechart
    Originally posted by Orious

I considered this but I have no clue what I'm doing. Highest I been has been level 20 and so I would not know what I'm even doing and I get very overwhelmed. Maybe I'm just an idiot. 

Not at all man, things change as you level in ESO. During that time you're learning a lot of new mechanics. Kinda go were your nose leads you, you can't really go wrong. Think melee and build in that direction.

Like Orious said, you have the opportunity to hop on pts. You can make v14 template characters and see how they all feel. Take advantage of it. It's something we couldn't do when we started off. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Templar and DK are indeed the two best melee DPS classes. They both have enough self heals, spell reflection and damage shields to survive easily being up close and personal.

Of the two, I personally prefer the Templar for PVE because it has a lot of abilities that enhance a Stamina build whereas DKs have to pretty well add some magicka too,

And as far as melee weapons go, I prefer 2-HD although I avoided it when the game first released -- they have been buffed a lot.

Try a Templar using all medium armor, stacking stamina and health at a 2:1 ratio and start with a 2-HD weapon first.

At the low levels your bread and butter skills will be critical charge (morphed to critical rush) to start followed by Cleave (morphed to Brawled for the damage shield... should be able to morph it @ level 4) and use Puncturing Strikes as your "magicka dump" (morphed to puncturing sweep for the self heal off damage done... also around level 4.) 

Use Radial Sweep as your Ultimate since it's cheap and available often. It's also AOE just like Brawler and Pincturing Sweep.

You'll want to get Reverse Slash > Executioner when you can for your single target high damage ability and Momentum > Rally for the weapon buff + self heal HOT.

For your active self-heal you'll want to use the Morph of Restoring Aura, Repentance which heals and restores stamina from corpses of mobs you've killed around you - at NO COST... it uses neither magicka nor stamina. Also... having it just slotted on your bar, it increases your stamina and health regen passively.

You won't die with that build :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Iselin

Templar and DK are indeed the two best melee DPS classes. They both have enough self heals, spell reflection and damage shields to survive easily being up close and personal.

Of the two, I personally prefer the Templar for PVE because it has a lot of abilities that enhance a Stamina build whereas DKs have to pretty well add some magicka too,

And as far as melee weapons go, I prefer 2-HD although I avoided it when the game first released -- they have been buffed a lot.

Try a Templar using all medium armor, stacking stamina and health at a 2:1 ratio and start with a 2-HD weapon first.

At the low levels your bread and butter skills will be critical charge (morphed to critical rush) to start followed by Cleave (morphed to Brawled for the damage shield... should be able to morph it @ level 4) and use Puncturing Strikes as your "magicka dump" (morphed to puncturing sweep for the self heal off damage done... also around level 4.) 

Use Radial Sweep as your Ultimate since it's cheap and available often. It's also AOE just like Brawler and Pincturing Sweep.

You'll want to get Reverse Slash > Executioner when you can for your single target high damage ability and Momentum > Rally for the weapon buff + self heal HOT.

For your active self-heal you'll want to use the Morph of Restoring Aura, Repentance which heals and restores stamina from corpses of mobs you've killed around you - at NO COST... it uses neither magicka nor stamina. Also... having it just slotted on your bar, it increases your stamina and health regen passively.

He speaks the truth.

Templar the best class for both PvE and PvP.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

There are is no melee class in TESO, it is either close range magic or long range magic :(

• RamlachRamlach Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by Iselin

Nice post, I am just starting out with a Templar and looking to go down the melee route. This will help me a lot