Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth coming back to or nah?

RynzoRynzo Member UncommonPosts: 13
Pre-ordered the game back in the day, deluxe edition.  Are there some populated and active servers out there? Should I not waste my time?

Comments

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Its free...why worry?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Population wise SWTOR is doing fine, it's competitive with everything in the Western market not named WoW.   It still has imo by far the best story experience of any mmo which is also completely free.  The PvP/PvE is just like every other themepark and I believe they've upgraded the graphics since launch so might be worth taking another look at. 

It's also not particularly p2w however you're quite limited endgame if you don't subscribe.  So the model is more like free to try than free to play, or maybe subscribe-to-win would be a closer definition.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Yep.  Game is a lot of fun.  I'm playing right now.
  • RynzoRynzo Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Well, I would most likely sub if I came back, the un-sub model is rather limited, but its good for filling out the game.  Are all servers connected now like a mass mega server?
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Rynzo
    Pre-ordered the game back in the day, deluxe edition.  Are there some populated and active servers out there? Should I not waste my time?

There's definitely plenty of active and populated servers out there, except for the PvP servers. I don't have any personal experience with them, but I've seen enough low population complaints coming from them to believe there's something to them.

Plenty of new stuff has been added, including housing, so it's definitely worth coming back! And if you're scared of making an investment right away, return as preferred for a few days before deciding whether you want to sub again or not, which is the beauty of having the F2P option.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Rynzo
    Well, I would most likely sub if I came back, the un-sub model is rather limited, but its good for filling out the game.  Are all servers connected now like a mass mega server?

Nope, there are separate "mega" servers. (It's what the devs called them at least, but "high capacity" servers would be more fitting)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/