Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Civilization Beyond Earth

Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100

Why don't you see more negative opinions on this game from civ veterans? Shills get the topics locked and the voices get buried. Only happy, positive reviews will be tolerated on the front page, even if you've contributed bug reports and honest discussion in the past.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=542332

Don't bother with this game. It's poor.

Comments

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Heh you expect a site called civ fanatics to let bad rating go by?:P

Just check steam, 53% positive reviews there.  So the info on game is out there if you look a bit. Just do not expect ultimate civ anything fans to ever agree with bad reviews:P

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    How is this different from any other official game forum? Want to report a bug? Do it and ignore those who don't like that you found one and reported it. The developers might even pay attention to your criticisms if you ignore the asshats. Otherwise you just become one of them.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839

I don't go to Civ fanatics often but I have or at least there use to be critical topics on the game. How can their not be. It's so very bland and basic currently. This is one of the games that I was looking forward to for sometime. It kiind of sucks how the game turned out. I played it for a few days and haven't had the urge to pick it up since.  Feels like it was gutted for sake of later expansions / dlc. Sucks because   I have nothing else on my radar minus Mass Effect, which is a bit question mark.  So nothing to look forward to in the near future.  I hope Firaxis takes their time with Starships. That it's done better than Beyond Earth. If they do the same thing to this title.  I have to question if they are out of ideas or change in leadership or whatever.

• I got bored pretty quick playing Space Civ. Think I prefer regular Civ 5.

• DmnqwkDmnqwk Member Posts: 2

I only played Civ 2 and 5, but Civ BE is a step back from 5 - no real improvements, poor alien system and bad resources.

The only positive feature is the Tech Tree.