Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grappling mechanics

When I played brawler mmorpgs like Vindictus and Dungeon Fighter I always wonder why more mmorpgs didn't add grappling mechanics more, it's just so much fun. And I find brawler battle gameplay my favorite in mmorpgs. Games like Champions Online can use grappling as it does play out like a brawler game. I'm excited to see how Experimental Serum a grappling styled power plays out in DCUO.

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by nicename
    When I played brawler mmorpgs like Vindictus and Dungeon Fighter I always wonder why more mmorpgs didn't add grappling mechanics more, it's just so much fun. And I find brawler battle gameplay my favorite in mmorpgs. Games like Champions Online can use grappling as it does play out like a brawler game. I'm excited to see how Experimental Serum a grappling styled power plays out in DCUO.

Grappling is a unique mechanic because in a lot of games it would change the entire core gameplay to the point of not making them work. It works really well in Vindictus, and I wish more games would come out with a system like it. The only game coming out that I know of that has a grappling mechanic that isn't already out is Blade and Soul but who knows when it's actually coming out.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by nicename

Grappling mechanics like you send out a hook and pull a mob to you?

It is in D3 but not really used a lot. I agree it is fun ... however, it is MORE fun in a steath game, than a brawler, at least for me.