Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    You joined us in 2012 OP and this is your first post? Welcome and we hope to see more :)
  • CalkrowCalkrow Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Originally posted by Scot
    You joined us in 2012 OP and this is your first post? Welcome and we hope to see more :)

Regardless of how long we've been here some of us don't see the point in posting very often.  Most of the threads and posts, even more so in recent years, are just arguments (sorry discussions) about the  same topics, e.g. this game is/isn't pay-to-win.

Forum Post count does not = Game Intelligence or Knowledge  it just shows how often people like to talk.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    agreed^  dont see the point in posting what 100 people already said. 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    ArcheAge is not a Trion game. The only thing Trion did to it was make it absolutely terrible.
  • BakoryoBakoryo Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by Calkrow

Regardless of how long we've been here some of us don't see the point in posting very often.  Most of the threads and posts, even more so in recent years, are just arguments (sorry discussions) about the  same topics, e.g. this game is/isn't pay-to-win.

Yeah, that's why my post count is as low as it is considering how long I have actually been here. 

The speed of the mole and the power of steel is my weapon

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

LOL you already are arguing LOL

Here is the scoop for RIFT

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/news-announcements/455147-na-eu-region-extended-downtime-storm-sea-12am-pst-8am-gmt-1-28-15-a.html

"Greetings, Ascended!

A storm is on the horizon. Who knows what secrets it may hold?

ALL RIFT SHARDS, for both North American and European regions, will be coming offline at the same time for the update to 3.1: STORM AT SEA, as well as some server maintenance.

The shards will be unavailable on Wednesday at 12:00 AM PST / 8:00 AM GMT for approximately ** 11 hours ** -- although we hope to be up sooner than that. 

Please note that both the length and start time for this downtime are different from our routine weekly updates and maintenance!

Server broadcasts will be going out before the shards come down, and all updates will be posted here as they happen. 

See you then!"

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by Bakoryo

Yeah, that's why my post count is as low as it is considering how long I have actually been here. 

Concur. Virtually everything on these forums has been said before and will be said again.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by NightHaveN
    Players argue if a game is lagging
    Players argue if game is hit by bots
    Players argue if servers get hacked
    Players argue if games go down over long periods of maintenance.

Isn't that what forums are for? To discuss and argue over things we don't agree about?

The world would be a very dull and quiet place if everyone always shared the same opinions.

• Agnostic42Agnostic42 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by Yoottos'Horg

Concur. Virtually everything on these forums has been said before and will be said again.

Yep, low post count, and I check out these forums at least once a day. I'm just not one of the vocal types, if I have a problem, I try to fix it without causing a ton of drama.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Yup, post count is meaningless.  Apart from people freely describing subjective opinions or experiences, only the logic and evidence of a post matters.

That said, I always sort of felt like an up/down vote system as nice for forums to help establish general post quality (though one problem is these systems never end up judging objective quality, but mostly just whether you're expressing popular opinions or not)  I also strongly feel that something nearly all forums leave out is the ability to post without bumping as sometimes you want to comment without giving the OP more attention for his ideas.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    It's a known fact that you get more enlightened discussion on a F2P (free to post) forum than you do on a P2P (pay to post) forum.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I am not saying you have to post guys, just it is good to see people posting who usually don't. I am surprised some of you took my welcome as some sort of criticism.
  • AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by Scambug

Isn't that what forums are for? To discuss and argue over things we don't agree about?

The world would be a very dull and quiet place if everyone always shared the same opinions.

Well I actually thought it was about sharing ideas/discussions with like minded ppl who you may share some common ground with, and so progress those ideas and discussions without them becoming lost under a wave of pointless bickering.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by Yoottos'Horg

As in real life situations, everything has been said and done before, so should we stop living?  I'd rather see repeated discussions than a blank board with zero entertainment value.

Originally posted by AwDiddums
    Originally posted by Scambug

Well I actually thought it was about sharing ideas/discussions with like minded ppl who you may share some common ground with, and so progress those ideas and discussions without them becoming lost under a wave of pointless bickering.

Pointless to you makes it pointless to everyone?  I'm glad there are differing opinions on this site.  How boring would it be if we all agreed on everything to the point there no longer is an incentive to actually discuss anything.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    This is a typical mmorpg thread. It starts off about games being down for maintenance and ends up about who post what and how often... well, I like cake.
  • LonewolfLonewolf Member UncommonPosts: 252

:)

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by Axehilt

Yup, post count is meaningless.  Apart from people freely describing subjective opinions or experiences, only the logic and evidence of a post matters.

That said, I always sort of felt like an up/down vote system as nice for forums to help establish general post quality (though one problem is these systems never end up judging objective quality, but mostly just whether you're expressing popular opinions or not)  I also strongly feel that something nearly all forums leave out is the ability to post without bumping as sometimes you want to comment without giving the OP more attention for his ideas.

That would be a good suggestion for the forum revamp. No need to keep the terrible topics going because there is an endless offtopic arguement.

• KeushpuppyKeushpuppy Member UncommonPosts: 171

well said. not alot of threads worth posting on.

Originally posted by mmoguy43
    Originally posted by Axehilt

That would be a good suggestion for the forum revamp. No need to keep the terrible topics going because there is an endless offtopic arguement.

Yes, because nothing reeks more of high standards than the ability of the masses to make that distinction.  Up down votes are nothing more than popularity contests and even higher drama that detracts from the actual discussions taking place.

• herrintherrint Member UncommonPosts: 43
    I just wanted to hijack the thread ^^ :)
  • NovuhzNovuhz Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Might as well check how long I've been registered XD
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    I am not saying you have to post guys, just it is good to see people posting who usually don't. I am surprised some of you took my welcome as some sort of criticism.

Might be because that's what 95% of your posts are in the first place..

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by mbd1968
    This is a typical mmorpg thread. It starts off about games being down for maintenance and ends up about who post what and how often... well, I like cake.

Cake sucks.  Pie is better.  Pie is better because blah blah blah blah  ......

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Amazing how a thread about the server shut downs turned into a epeen about posting.