Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG with PvE, something like the holy trinity roles

nicenamenicename Member Posts: 4

So I've played World of Warcraft. Rift and Guild Wars 2 didn't look like what I was looking for. I tried Lord of the Rings but it was completely empty in that game nobody was playing but me. I tried Royal Quest but stopped leveling when I heard it was a PvP focused MMORPG. Here are few things I'm looking for in a MMORPG.

1. The game has considerable PvE, at least 50% of the developing is towards PvE, if it's more than even better. I don't care if it has PvP or even World PvP as long as there is some sort of PvE endgame to look forward towards.

2. I'm looking for something not too serious. Chibi graphics, anime styled graphics whatever that is soft on the eyes is cool.

3. F2P please

4. Tank, healer, dps role. The more defined the roles are the better.

5. Challenges that match up to people playing their roles on the holy trinity.

6. A sizable population of players

7. Nothing too complicated

8. At best nothing too much like a sandbox, I like set restrictions.

Comments

• stealth80stealth80 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Have you tried Star Wars - The Old Republic? I really enjoyed it on release, is F2P but at end game you need to buy some unlocks to enter raids
  • S-mmoS-mmo Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by stealth80
    Have you tried Star Wars - The Old Republic? I really enjoyed it on release, is F2P but at end game you need to buy some unlocks to enter raids

from when a game whit all this restriction is consider free to play ? http://www.swtor.com/FREE/features

Originally posted by S-mmo

from when a game whit all this restriction is consider free to play ? http://www.swtor.com/FREE/features

Cause you can still play through the story lines and flashpoints without paying anything, hence why I said "is F2P but at the end game you need to buy unlocks"

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
      Got it . you would like Dragon Nest
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

Grand Fantasia , Aura Kingdom, Eden Eternal

fun little anime games that you can really enjoy if you allow yourself to do so.

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

DOES NOT exist because EVERY single game is catered to play solo until you might waste your time dungeon repeating for some loot.

I am not even sure we can call linear questing PVE,because a lot of the time you are not versus the environment,sometimes you get xp just walking from point a >point B.Example xp for walking in a new area is one of the newer lol ideas in these games.

The LAST game to offer true Trinity and grouping was FFXI no longer the case there either.I look around a LOT i know MOST of the games,if there is actually ONE non linear questing game that caters to Trinity grouping then please let me know.

The only other ideas out there are random auto grouping,that is not the same and again does not support trinity,just a bunch of soloists with some flag that says they are in a group.Also any game that offers it ONCE in a while is not going to cut it either because 99% of the time you will just be wandering around solo because there are VERY FEW places those games cater to what you are looking for.

The long lost art of creating groups to PVE and form friendships seems to be a thing of the past,now it is more liek arcade gaming...put yoru 50 cents in the slot please and get your instant 5 minutes of fun.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• S-mmoS-mmo Member UncommonPosts: 47
    the only game i remember whit a  truli role force is Forsaken World. Attention the gmae is pretty old now,but from what i remember was pretty good.Give him a try is Free.
  • LasawLasaw Member UncommonPosts: 3

Rift or Tera is what you are looking for.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

SWTOR and Neverwinter are both games that come to mind. Both are highly focused on PvE content, with optional PvP as a side dish. (Think WoW's BGs, especially in SWTOR's case)

SWTOR's a lot like WoW when it comes to controls and interface, so you'll be instantly familiar with it. The way "quests" are handled is vastly different though, and more like an RPG (you actually talk to the NPCs, with dialogues choices and decisions).

Neverwinter also has tons of quests and PvE content, and even allows players to design and upload their own missions with the Foundry. A lot of them are actually quite nice, with well designed maps, sound effects and enemies. Along with dialogues written for the NPCs.

Both have healthy populations, trinity systems and are F2P.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

SWTOR and Neverwinter are both games that come to mind. Both are highly focused on PvE content, with optional PvP as a side dish.

Guess not (I wanted to add LotRO or Conan to the list, but those aren't fit either, since...)

"2. I'm looking for something not too serious. Chibi graphics, anime styled graphics whatever that is soft on the eyes is cool."

OP, there were several threads about a nifty little gem here on mmorpg a few months ago, which could be a nice match for your bullet points: Scarlet Blade. image (/duck and runs away)

Or, as was mentioned above, Aura Kingdom is a nice match as well.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    EQ2 is your answer.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Cause you can still play through the story lines and flashpoints without paying anything, hence why I said "is F2P but at the end game you need to buy unlocks"

why would i do flashpoints in swtor when i can only loot a boss 3 times a week.... or a day, cant remember now (unless they removed that nonsense).

That game is not really f2p, its free trial.

Originally posted by rojoArcueid

why would i do flashpoints in swtor when i can only loot a boss 3 times a week.... or a day, cant remember now (unless they removed that nonsense).

That game is not really f2p, its free trial.

Well instead of just picking out peoples suggestions, contribute to the thread and offer other titles.

In my experience with FTP you either get poor content, restricted content or PTW, devs don't create this stuff for free.

And tbh I didn't realise how restricted SWTOR is as I have preferred status as I played it on release. Preferred can also be obtained by spending $4.99 in the shop, admittedly not making it FTP