Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now that they've announced no tab-targeting how do you feel?

caetftlcaetftl Member Posts: 358
I'm just curious how people are feeling on this... I imagine some are frustrated, I imagine some are excited...

Comments

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    No worries here they lost me at full loot pvp.
  • HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

Haven't been following very closely, fill me and others like me in on what targeting style they are pushing?

Tab targeting is definitely the most boring style of combat, so whatever it is it's probably better than what it could have been.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    I think it's going to be another failure in a long list of free for all PVP non-tab target action combat mmos...

• KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Randayn
    I think it's going to be another failure in a long list of free for all PVP non-tab target action combat mmos...

Such as?

I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

• UndepthUndepth Member UncommonPosts: 22
    The news keeps getting better and better.
  • WhySoSeriousWhySoSerious Member UncommonPosts: 156
    I like it.
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Originally posted by Greymantle4

This and this:P

Not wishing them ill. Just think they, and many others, that start out games like this, full pvp, non tab, are starting in a niche of a niche. I wonder how they think they can do it when so many have tried and could not?

It always seems to me that the full pvp. and action combat types are so very vocal on boards, and such a tiny minority in the games. Trying to build for them just never seems to work. But maybe i am wrong, we will see.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Darkfall, Mortal Online, AA (non-action combat)...the GIANT list of kickstarter failures....and just about every game currently in development...

• caetftlcaetftl Member Posts: 358
    Originally posted by Greymantle4

Not all of their servers are full loot... they actually have many different rulesets with varying loot rules, import/export rules, who you can attack rules, etc.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Tab, reticle , aim by cow .... don't care.

What matters to me (if I can stand the game itself) is that I am not stuck with 5 or so skills to work with. If this developer starts selling action combat with limited skill selection for "strategic" gaming .... fuck that, done with it. They can shove their game for idiots down the drain with the other mmos that went that direction.

You stay sassy!

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Maybe not "lost" me, but it probably won't be #1 on my list. I don't mind these games, but I actually play a lot of games in bed, laying down, so it's an awkward position for skill-based MMOs. I actually enjoy laying down and talking to my wife while I'm playing (and she's trying to go to sleep) so unless she kicks my butt to the curb, I really have no desire to play a game that requires me to sit upright, lol.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Darkfall, Mortal Online, AA (non-action combat)...the GIANT list of kickstarter failures....and just about every game currently in development...

But Darkfall, MO, and AA were not failed games. Just because you dislike them doesn't mean they failed.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

Originally posted by Howbadisbad

But Darkfall, MO, and AA were not failed games. Just because you dislike them doesn't mean they failed.

AA definitely isn't a failed game, but because it isn't action combat, and isn't a truly open pvp game, it shouldn't even be on the list.

Darkfall and MO can be considered financial failures I imagine, but that's not because there wasn't a demand for the games, I think the bigger problem was the low budget production quality.  People wanted to play the games, the quality just wasn't there to justify them dumping their time into it. 

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by caetftl
    I'm just curious how people are feeling on this... I imagine some are frustrated, I imagine some are excited...

Not excited, even more put out.  I guess for the next however many months we are going to have people like the op creating posts on the least trivial thing about this. 

Oh look, they decided they will not have any bunnies in game, how do you feel? 

Oh look, you will only get 31 bag spaces not 32......

Whatever, can this game go away already.

Originally posted by Howbadisbad   Originally posted by Randayn Darkfall, Mortal Online, AA (non-action combat)...the GIANT list of kickstarter failures....and just about every game currently in development...
    AA definitely isn't a failed game, but because it isn't action combat, and isn't a truly open pvp game, it shouldn't even be on the list.

Darkfall and MO can be considered financial failures I imagine, but that's not because there wasn't a demand for the games, I think the bigger problem was the low budget production quality.  People wanted to play the games, the quality just wasn't there to justify them dumping their time into it. 

But they can't be financial failures if they are still up and running. Do you think companies will continue to operate at a loss?

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Except you need to apply a little critical thinking.

Did that long list of "free for all pvp non-tab target action combat mmo's" release with little bugs, come from dev houses with a lot of resources and experience or did they come from small indy houses with few resources and little experience?

you tend to evaluate things based upon your preferences as opposed to facts.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

According to??

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Originally posted by Randayn Darkfall, Mortal Online, AA (non-action combat)...the GIANT list of kickstarter failures....and just about every game currently in development...

But they can't be financial failures if they are still up and running. Do you think companies will continue to operate at a loss?

Short answer: yes, businesses don't instantly shut down the moment they stop making profit...

Long answer:  You can be a financial failure while still making profit... if the profit isn't good return on investment. 

It's like you invest a million dollars to make a penny of profit a month... it's still a failure...

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    I don't care , here is not one server ,not one universe
  • SojhinSojhin Member UncommonPosts: 226

The main concern I have with no tab targeting is that this may make the core__move and counter move; rock, paper, and scissors aspect of Shadowbane__which this game seems to build upon in conflict if not outright highly broken balance wise favoring twitchy based combat (non-tab targeting combat).

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Dont like it as I am not a fan of action combat. No tab target could mean just that but that does not mean I wont try and like this game. Just not my first pick for game play.
    Originally posted by Sojhin

The main concern I have with no tab targeting is that this may make the core__move and counter move; rock, paper, and scissors aspect of Shadowbane__which this game seems to build upon in conflict if not outright highly broken balance wise favoring twitchy based combat (non-tab targeting combat).

A valid concern, but i think ultimately it's good when you allow a game to require both mechanical and strategical skill... both can play off of each other to create a higher skill-ceiling... removing too much of one element or the other makes the skill-ceiling much lower. 

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

As opposed to that wonderful, billion dollar, mega successful Tab Target MMO?  I mean other then WoW, there isn't another mega hit out there. 

I think you mean it doesn't interest you therefore you denigrate and besmirch something not to your liking.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Except you need to apply a little critical thinking.

Did that long list of "free for all pvp non-tab target action combat mmo's" release with little bugs, come from dev houses with a lot of resources and experience or did they come from small indy houses with few resources and little experience?

you tend to evaluate things based upon your preferences as opposed to facts.

A very fair point.

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335

If the full loot PvP had not lost me, no tab targeting would have.

As is, I have lost what little interest I did have in the game. More power to those who enjoy this play style, but it is not for me.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin