Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] H1Z1: 5 Tips for Surviving the Apocalypse

13»

Comments

• AtlanNorAtlanNor Member UncommonPosts: 38
    I really like the game and I hope to see some objectives later that require a large group to team up. My biggest problem is the kill on sight attitude everyone has. I get and like PVP but with a purpose. Killing every newb running from their spawn point with obviously nothing on them only hurts the games future. Random world events or bosses would be pretty cool.
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Battlerock
    Originally posted by StarI
    When you craft a base, you're seOK sing yourself up for failure, your base would basically be a priirrelevant unting spot for a pvper.

If that's how you feel you are free to experience PvE servers.

If you want to PvP than that's exactly where the fun comes from

OK the people that keep saying they are playing for the pve... Come on, that's just laughable, the pve is like shooting fish in a bucket, OK so every once in a while you have to outrun a bear, the zombies are irrelevant, I wish they would crank up that zombie difficulty to brutal mode already, I want to watch people get slaughtered on twitch.

Playing on a PvE server has it's uses.

If one is just starting out they can get their bearings on a PvE server.

Once they understand the game then they can "graduate" to a PvP server.

• sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

From watching streams, talking to friends and reading forums, it appears that this game is pretty fun right out of the gate. The fact that they are using a much better engine than DayZ pretty much sells it for me. I hate the ARMA Engine and interface. 

I haven't spent my $20 yet, but every time I fire up WoTanks again I think that there has to be something more engaging than this. I did give my money to DayZ too. And it is OK just empty. Needs more zombies

• david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    having the most fun I've had in a long time, H1Z1 is a win for SOE, no really I'm not joking at all.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Originally posted by Wizardry

When you craft a base, you're seOK sing yourself up for failure, your base would basically be a priirrelevant unting spot for a pvper.

OK the people that keep saying they are playing for the pve... Come on, that's just laughable, the pve is like shooting fish in a bucket, OK so every once in a while you have to outrun a bear, the zombies are irrelevant, I wish they would crank up that zombie difficulty to brutal mode already, I want to watch people get slaughtered on twitch.

You don't seem to like any aspect of it so why do you even bother?

p.s. all the pve servers are full

You have to keep the reality in check or people will spam how great the game is and millions of naive gamer's will randomly WASTE their money and regret every minute of it.In other words we or I don't like false advertising,this game is atrocious and not worth the 30 bucks or well unless your lucky like that one guy who spent 30 but did not spend a single cent ,,,magical actually.

You can try and prove me wrong but this game does not deserve any credibility,worst game i have seen in a VERY long time.Steam actually pulled for awhile what was it Warz for misleading customers on what the game actually offers.I would hardly say this is a survival game if you can just cash shop to your heart's desire,so this game is every bit as misleading as well.

Problem is spamming Steam with complaints is likely too late,the first few days is when all the money is made,i just hope thousands get their refunds they will wish they did in a month from now.

I could be wrong though,running non stop through fields with your hand on the E key collecting sticks and berries is pretty darn realistic and amazing FUN.../sigh.So much for the rarity and survival needed if you can non stop collect every few seconds,i wish life was that easy.

I have only one conclusion,this hysteria over such bad gaming has to be the culprit of too much television,The Walking Dead series and the Gingerbread man.

You also have to call doomcallers on their bullshit when they spew it.

First off, there's not even a $30 option. It's $20 or $40.

Secondly, you can buy all the airdrops you like, and if you get nothing, I'm sure you'll come back and whine more about this "P2W" feature.

Thirdly, to doomcall a game that is pre-bera seems like an extraordinarily arrogant waste of time.

The game has issues. It's not perfect. Mor is it even in beta. Seriously, save your breaths for when/if it releases with true issues.

• Lord-KronkLord-Kronk Member UncommonPosts: 38

The zombies are already on hard mode. The problem isn't the zombies, it's the servers "frame rate" (from what Smedley was saying). The zombies aren't able to track us the way they are programmed. They are working out that issue now and zombies should (with todays patch I hope) become much, MUCH harder to deal with.

And to give an example of this. Watch the server populations, when a servers population drops to medium or low, zombies start to react to players much quicker, they start to track you and hit you. When it jumps to High or Very High, they stop reacting and just stand there and let you kill them.

Originally posted by Wizardry

You don't seem to like any aspect of it so why do you even bother?

p.s. all the pve servers are full

You have to keep the reality in check or people will spam how great the game is and millions of naive gamer's will randomly WASTE their money and regret every minute of it.In other words we or I don't like false advertising,this game is atrocious and not worth the 30 bucks or well unless your lucky like that one guy who spent 30 but did not spend a single cent ,,,magical actually.

You can try and prove me wrong but this game does not deserve any credibility,worst game i have seen in a VERY long time.Steam actually pulled for awhile what was it Warz for misleading customers on what the game actually offers.I would hardly say this is a survival game if you can just cash shop to your heart's desire,so this game is every bit as misleading as well.

Problem is spamming Steam with complaints is likely too late,the first few days is when all the money is made,i just hope thousands get their refunds they will wish they did in a month from now.

I could be wrong though,running non stop through fields with your hand on the E key collecting sticks and berries is pretty darn realistic and amazing FUN.../sigh.So much for the rarity and survival needed if you can non stop collect every few seconds,i wish life was that easy.

I have only one conclusion,this hysteria over such bad gaming has to be the culprit of too much television,The Walking Dead series and the Gingerbread man.

1) The game is EA (That's Early Access fyi) Fyi is for your Information fyi)). This means, that is isn't finished. That it has bugs. That there are many problems still to be fixed. That you might not have fun testing the game. I say testing... Because when you buy an EA game, you are testing the game.

2) The game is $20 or $40 in price. It is not $30. There are no options for that price value.

3) Gathering for things like black berries and sticks is eventulally going to require a gathering time. Basically the same as the enteract time on cars and or other things you search.

4) As I said above, the game is in EA (see above if you forgot what EA was). They are putting out a road map on game fixes and changes in the next few weeks. In the 5 days that the game has been out, they have fixed bugs on a nearly daily basis. The game has done nothing but continued to improve. Feel free to see what kind of progress DayZ or any other zombie survival game has having.

5) You are clearly either one of three things. A Troll. A retard. Or a DayZ fan boy attempting to bash anything other than DayZ. So, feel free to not talk about, or bash something you do not understand and are unwilling to understand. This is no way to live your life. Learn or do not, the choice is yours. But keep in mind. Those who do not know are ignorant. Those who refuse to learn are stupid. Those who cannot learn are dumb. And those who continue on the same road expecting different results are insane. Which are you?

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    So when does the game officially release? All I can find is people talking about EA.
    Originally posted by jusomdude
    So when does the game officially release? All I can find is people talking about EA.

There is no official release date. But they are planning/aiming for November of this year.

• MrKymaticaMrKymatica Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Alalala

1. Expect hacks and cheats

2. Expect to die from a single head shot  from silenced sniper rifle 1,500 yards away

3. P2W

4. Zombies are closer to decorations then threats

5. Wonder: I already own DayZ, why did I buy this?

Of course there is going to be hacks and cheats, it's an EARLY RELEASE ALPHA, not a fully done game, I enjoy this game more than I have ever enjoyed dayZ and this game is only in early access alpha, so what is the excuse for DayZ? That also goes for everyone who calls this game a cheap copy of DayZ, no this game is a great successor of DayZ. You're complaining about buying a $20.00 game, seriously? a meal at a restaurant costs more than $20.00 and you're complaining about buying an awesome game with it. Don't like it? don't play it, obviously this game must have a great effect on you  for you to come on here and bash it, and for the kid saying the game is pay 2 win all because of a shop they have? Running servers cost money, Don't like the shop? then don't use it, simple. + When somebody calls in an airdrop, its fair game for everybody, so how is it pay2win? They need to make money from somewhere to keep the game servers running, would you rather paying $15+ a month to play or have an optional game shop where people who actually have the spare money can support the game and be rewarded in return? 

• cybermerccybermerc Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by MadFrenchie
    As it is now, zombie AI is working sluggishly due to server frame rate problem, and zombies are much more scarce than they should be.

Add in packs of roamers, increased density in neighborhood/commercial areas, and zombie spawns inside rooms (with actual doors instead of just archways and doorways), and things will become more interesting.

SOE should take a day to all play Project Zomboid for 8 hours and then get back to work improving H1Z1. That would make the game much more interesting, increase the depth, and create much more fun.

I talked to some of the H1Z1 devs at SOE Live and a couple of them were playing Project Zomboid. Hopefully they will implement some of the features of that game.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,974
    Tip #1 do not buy a MMO as it launches, you will want to survive the apocalypse longer if you wait.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Johnxboy
    [mod edit]

This is an alpha.. They are still adding in engine features and so on.. will only enter beta when all features are in place and its time to blance and polish al lthe features.

"

Alpha

The alpha phase of the release life cycle is the first phase to begin software testing (alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet, used as the number 1). In this phase, developers generally test the software using white-box techniques. Additional validation is then performed using black-box or gray-box techniques, by another testing team. Moving to black-box testing inside the organization is known as alpha release.[2]

Alpha software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss. In general, external availability of alpha software is uncommon in proprietary software. However, open source software often has publicly available alpha versions, often distributed as the raw source code of the software and sometimes along with pre-compiled binaries. The alpha phase usually ends with a feature freeze, indicating that no more features will be added to the software. At this time, the software is said to be feature complete."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    When you craft a base, you're setting yourself up for failure, your base would basically be a prime hunting spot for a pvper.

I am waiting for the pve server because screw those pvp crazied morons (no offence to those who like pvp my words are more to the ones who enjoy ganking others for little to no reason)

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Step 6:  Hack 

SOE code is comically easy to hack (Planetside 2 anyone).... 

This is a decent game but it's a FPS, and we all know what that means.. Prepare to be headshot from across the map.. Prepare to face teleporters who walk down your vehicle on foot and then kill you.  Prepare to face wall hacks... And Prepare to face people killing you who are not even facing you.

Don't believe me go to youtube and see for yourself... GG

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by MrKymatica
    Originally posted by Alalala

1. Expect hacks and cheats

2. Expect to die from a single head shot  from silenced sniper rifle 1,500 yards away

3. P2W

4. Zombies are closer to decorations then threats

5. Wonder: I already own DayZ, why did I buy this?

Of course there is going to be hacks and cheats, it's an EARLY RELEASE ALPHA, not a fully done game,

Planetside 2 (SOE) was fully launched with hackers all over.. Same Company, same developers and same hacks....

Planetside 1 (SOE) had hackers doing insane stuff in it, go back to those forums here and try to find my post from years back...

H1Z1 (You guess it) has hackers all over and will have hackers all over when it launches as well.  

Alpha or release, SOE is horrible at stopping people from hacking their code in their games.  They are even worse at in-game CS support...  Smedly talks a big game about how he hates hackers, but he hires guys that can't seem to stop them from playing ninja foo with the game code. 

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith