Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dying Light: Is it worth it or overhyped?

HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839

I'm looking for something to play along side Guild Wars 2.  It's hard to gauge the game given the hype train and on top of it the way people flock to post apocalyptic zombie games anymore.  I thought about H1Z1 but decided not to since it's going to be F2P. I would kind of like something like has story to draw me in but I haven't been able to come up with anything. I've played most of what's out there. Only thing on my radar is The last of Us for that and that's PS3 exclusive So..

Is this worth the full price?

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    I find the game very entertaining, much better than Dead Island, and much more polished. As for paying full price, up to you really. Being the zombie and invading another persons game can be very fun but I am pretty sure there will be a STEAM sale with this title in it sooner or later.
  • HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by Heretique
    I find the game very entertaining, much better than Dead Island, and much more polished. As for paying full price, up to you really. Being the zombie and invading another persons game can be very fun but I am pretty sure there will be a STEAM sale with this title in it sooner or later.

Of course, about the sale sooner or later. Just trying to find something to play now along side GW2. I'll probably get it because I can't find anything else that interests me.  Been debating it for awhile. I just find I tend to put titles like this down before I finish the game for the first time unless there's a good story that grabs me.

Guess I could go to a pwn shop and pick up a PS4 just for the last of us then turn around and sell it.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by stayontarget

Here's a short review of the game http://kotaku.com/my-first-few-hours-with-dying-light-1682078168

And a little tip,  lol  http://kotaku.com/how-to-trick-dying-light-into-giving-you-loads-of-money-1682294349

Cheer's

Thanks. I don't really pay attention to most reviews for obvious reasons. That's why I asked here. It's hard to judge the playerbases reaction currently because obviously a lot of it is people following the hype / genre trends and zombies  is certainly one of them.  I've looked at a few streams. not for very long. 

Not going to look at the money tip. I assume it's pretty good thus maybe even game breaking is why.  I don't know that it is just seems like it might be since I am sure part of the aspect is survival.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    My son has it and I've seen it played, the visuals on PS4 are outstanding. I doubt I'll see it for another week or so myself. His biggest gripe so far as been the control scheme. I guess it came out of box with Jump mapped to R1 which seemed a bit odd to me (and him). I'm assuming it can be re-mapped, but didn't really get into that. Based on his reaction he said it was a lot scarier than some of the more recent zombie games. There are plenty of mindless zombies, but there are also some surprises which catch you off guard. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I've been hooked on it since it came out.  Still looking for a gun