Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to AD2460

2»

Comments

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by Gwahlur

About the new accounts being created here to talk about the game, the game JUST released, on the 29th of december, and people are eager to spread the word. Very understandable if you ask me.

And that actually is something that could use mentioning, the game has just gone live so if you get in now you'll still be one of the early starters.

Though, with the way the game is structured, there's no way to end up too far behind.. There's anti-bashing mechanics in place, and players get to battle it out with others at their own level of advancement without fear of getting run over by the big guys.. mostly :P

But starting now vs starting later, if you start now you'll have an easier journey towards competing for the top spots ;)

Agree 101% The game mechanic is very new player friendly, and many alliances are very welcoming to new players by teaching them and supporting their growth.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn

It looks pretty interesting to me.  I didn't know there were a lot of games like this out there.  Mostly I like the fact that I can't pay to win.    Even better and more subtle. . there are not "free" accounts to be sheep for the people who do pay.  Equal footing.

I would imagine the turns get more and more complex and time consuming as you move along.  If I can keep pace I will check it out.

Did you check it out?

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Browser? That's what we need, a virtualization within a virtualization within a virtualization, for best use of hardware and resources. Right.

• snoopehsnoopeh Member UncommonPosts: 40

I'm surprised the fact the game is from the original creators of Planetarion hasn't turned any heads at all in here, since it was/is one of the most addictive and competitive games i've ever played :p

You know i was thinking the same thing 15 years ago you wouldn't have found a more popular web game (PA was consistantly at the top of many MMO charts) it just goes to show how isolated or 'niche' web based strategy games have become.

• ChairmanAD2460ChairmanAD2460 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by cura
    Originally posted by deniter
    Originally posted by Avanah
    Originally posted by ChairmanAD2460

Welcome to our brand new game AD2460 - a browser based MMO

I didn't get past that part...sorry.

+1.

+1

Tried some of those games, and man, they are bad.

Then you should try AD2460. We have put our pride making a browser game that is deeper, more complex and different.  

We did make Planetarion back in 2001, also a sci-fi browser game that managed to attract 180 000 at its peak.

Originally posted by snoopeh

I'm surprised the fact the game is from the original creators of Planetarion hasn't turned any heads at all in here, since it was/is one of the most addictive and competitive games i've ever played :p

You know i was thinking the same thing 15 years ago you wouldn't have found a more popular web game (PA was consistantly at the top of many MMO charts) it just goes to show how isolated or 'niche' web based strategy games have become.

Sadly thats the case, but the problem is with Strategy mmo genre all together. There was NOT single AAA mmo client based strategy game made yet!

Its not like most of us want to play browser games, its just that no company made anything next gen.

And for a text based mmo this one is doing very good job at what it wants to do.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• RoadtownRoadtown Member Posts: 1

As a PA player back in the days, who quit due to lack of spare time, I absolutely love AD2460. Great game as of yet atleast :-)

Oh, and definatly not as timeconsuing as PA, but still great fun

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Originally posted by ChairmanAD2460

Welcome to our brand new game AD2460 - a browser based MMO where game you will develop your homeworld and attack other players for resources and glory - alone or in alliances. 

AD2460 is a spiritual successor to the game Planetarion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetarion ), which enjoyed much success in the early 2000s with 180.000 players.

Unlike many other browsergames, this is a pay-to-play game. There are no elements of pay-to-win so it is the better players that will perform best. The cost of playing is €3 / $4 per month after the trial period

We have received very good feedback from our users so far, and the number of players that remains in the game after the free trial period has actually surprised us a bit  -  the conversion rate so far is above 27%.

We, as the development  team will try to answer any questions you should have - that be here in the forums on MMORPG or in the game-chat where you will find a lot of activity all day long

Feel free to try us out and register at: http://www.ad2460.com

Ok just signed up to this game , and so far i like what i see, yes its fairly complex, but explaining it too people its like old school board meets EvE :) 

Now of course im on a n00b but its fairly easy, but also i can see it getting very complex in its decisions made.. I would say if someone wants to have a peek at something different so far my few hours gameplay would suggest take a peak.

Beats hunting fairies and skinning bears :) - Just bear in mind thats its real time so if your looking to level quick this aint going to happen :)

Might put a more indepth review, so far just trying out on the trial but if i can get time (my granddaughters christening this weekend) but will try to get 8-12 hours in over weekend and may post a new players opinion on it in more depth

But so far looks nice if not somewhat overwhelming with all the options and sub menus etc

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

Hehe two new accounts posts in here and the conspiracy is on. I know this is a cynical cesspool but even that was excessive.

I've played quite a lot of browser games, and many of them are more or less the same. Same building mechanics and with an rather annoying store.

Two games stand out for me and are both fair and different. Therian saga - heavy crafting focus and this New planetarion game Ad2460. Maybe there are similarities with AD2460 and other browser games, but I don't really see any at all, it does not feel like any other web browser I have ever played before.

The first week was very exciting and it actually capture the old planetarion feeling, I was logged in a lot that week. What I'm a bit confused about his combat works, and how you capture outposts, not sure how much I enjoy that mechanic just yet. Luckily there's a lot of stuff I still need to learn. So far so good.

Originally posted by Everket

The first week was very exciting and it actually capture the old planetarion feeling, I was logged in a lot that week. What I'm a bit confused about his combat works, and how you capture outposts, not sure how much I enjoy that mechanic just yet. Luckily there's a lot of stuff I still need to learn. So far so good.

The combat mechanics are explained quite well in the info check boxes and Tutorial, but there are a lot of small nuances that you just have to learn.

Some mechanics are still being revised if there are issues with them and they dont feel balanced quite fast. Like the bashing with alliance fleets, bank hiding and more will be fixed in next patch. Outposts mechanics changes are on the radar as well with some really cool ideas coming.

Whats really great is how open devs are with development of the game. You literally get a project for feature detailed in a post on in game forums before they start working on it. Its being discussed, for a day or two then we get revised version posted again and once we are reasonably happy its being implemented.

Its not really something you see often in any games.

And yeah game have a feeling a board game meets eve from 2003, still raw and so much potential.

• ChairmanAD2460ChairmanAD2460 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    The game has changed a lot since originally launched. It is now free-to-play and was reset and launched as round based this weekend. Feel free to take a look and have a try:   http://www.ad2460.com/