Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Credit Selling Spam

So I resubbed to SWTOR to see what has changed in the year since I last subbed for a month. The one thing that has stood out to me the most is the Credit selling spam. It's not stop and it's the same person over and over, for days.

So do you think Bioware is in on the credit selling or just incompetent?

I'm leaning towards them being in on it. If they weren't some of these accounts would be banned within a few hours. There is a report spam button and they could be removed rather quickly.

Comments

• XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

Or they could be creating a new char with the same name everytime? A bit farfetched but so is Bioware being in on it....

While i see Credit selling spam, it's no worse than other games.

• Kinh021Kinh021 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    <pre vk_txt="" tw-ta="" tw-text-small"="" data-placeholder="Tradução" id="tw-target-text" data-fulltext="" dir="ltr">Add his name to your block list. Problem solved.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    seeing as the game is free to play and a person can create how many accounts he wants it's not really an easy thing to get rid of.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by Xerenix

Or they could be creating a new char with the same name everytime? A bit farfetched but so is Bioware being in on it....

How is that far fetched. 

You don't think that a company has ever sold in game gold/credits for money before?

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by Damedius
    Originally posted by Xerenix

How is that far fetched. 

You don't think that a company has ever sold in game gold/credits for money before?

I think it's unrealistic since Bioware sells the hypercrates that people list on the GTN for credits. Although at a glance the rates seem better from a gold-selling site (10-12 million credits for $40 versus the 60-ish dollars in direct Cartel Coin purchase and what the exact price of the hypercrate is plus discounts/subbed coins, etc) and would sell more probably, it's a lot of manpower to run individual credit sales, even on the sly. BioWare barely moderates their forums and does almost no moderation in-game for the non-credit related spam in general channels(racism, religion, etc) so I don't think they'd pay anyone to run credit sales when they do regular automated business 'legitimately' with regular Cartel Coins and conversion.

• CalgorCalgor Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Damedius

So I resubbed to SWTOR to see what has changed in the year since I last subbed for a month. The one thing that has stood out to me the most is the Credit selling spam. It's not stop and it's the same person over and over, for days.

So do you think Bioware is in on the credit selling or just incompetent?

I'm leaning towards them being in on it. If they weren't some of these accounts would be banned within a few hours. There is a report spam button and they could be removed rather quickly.

I don't think you know how to use ignore correctly. I log in, its a bunch of toons spamming the names I couldn't give a shit less about, and once I put them on ignore I am all set for 5-6 hours at least and most times I don't see another spam till the next day. And I play on Harbinger one of the highest sustained population servers in the game due to high APAC playerbase.

As for Bioware being in on it I'd like to know what you are smoking and why you aren't sharing? If they were going to do it they wouldn't share their profit with anyone they'd simply do it themselves and they'd do it outright like the cartel coins with a button on the screen and everything. Why make it seem against the Terms of Use, thereby lessening the number of people who buy creds and not just do it right out in the open and thus increasing their profits? They wouldn't have to farm anything and could simply create credits to sell as needed and make a ton of money. They wouldn't and don't cause cred farmers are bad for the economy and while they might not be as on the ball as they could be with stopping them they certainly aren't going to condone it and help bring their own game down.

• theocculttheoccult Member UncommonPosts: 51

Right-click the person's name in chat to report and ignore them.

You could also create a 3rd chat tab with just guild, tells, group, ops, say, etc.

• CalgorCalgor Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by theoccult

Right-click the person's name in chat to report and ignore them.

You could also create a 3rd chat tab with just guild, tells, group, ops, say, etc.

I have 2 chat tabs, one for things like guild, group, OPs and tells, and another for all the other crap I generally don't care about. And ya juts ignore them everytime one pops up and you will spend much more time not seeing them than you will otherwise.