Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've seen through WoD and I'm no longer impressed

12346»

Comments

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by Bladestrom

But that aside, who is forcing you to mine every day or pick your garden or even send your followers out on missions? It is just another option within the game along with many others that you can choose to take or leave. You want to go out and quest, fine go out and do it, you want to dungeon run or raid instead, fine, just go and do that instead. It doesn't isolate me as you still get a trade channel chat in there and i can do what i want there, drop all of my gear/loot/mats in to my banks and head off to do what i want to do for that day. Maybe because i am not a raider any more and i don't run dungeons religiously it doesn't affect me as much as some, but i really struggle to see what the big issue is here.

Forcing?  It was the core new feature of the new expansion that took 2 years of subscribers money to develop.

Have the garrisons opened up the gathering and crafting to a wider group, maybe, does that devalue it or just make it more accessible?

in 10 years I don't think anyone has ever though of crafting in WOW as inaccessible, it was simplistic as it was - but most importantly the gathering was rewarding for those that like to explore and gather.  Not so rewarding when no-one buys your stuff because they have an age of empires style resource center instant lol, but don't take my world for it, look it up on the wow forums.

Garrisons are 'a' new feature, they are far from being the core of the game and as i said in a previous post, if you are one of those that feels they have to stick to the rails of what everyone expects them to do then you will never be satisfied with your gameplay time.

I didn't say that it was inaccessible, all i said was that it was now more accessible there is a difference. I don't need to look at the forums, i am playing the game, i can see the market live and clear and believe me crafting is alive and well and commanding decent prices.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• Shayyd80Shayyd80 Member Posts: 110

I saw through WoD abuot 2 weeks after release. It was alot of fun at first but... the fun is no longer there because at this point I've one it all within a couple months of release. After waiting what 2 years for an expansion? Seems the fun should have lasted much longer but it didn't. Sure they push out new raids and such but... it's just  more of the same. Has been since Cataclysm. Now they force people into keeping their subs in order to craft some gear that you won't be able to craft for a week at a time sometimes. It's all a ploy now. I see through it. 

On a side note I bought a new graphics card (radeon r9 270x) and been enjoying some single/co-op games lately. Alien:Isolation, Murdered: soul Suspect, Cal of Duty: AW, etc etc Been having fun just going back to focusing solely on well made games that don't have to have glitches and wait times and queue times. screw all that noise. 

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Shadoed
    Originally posted by Wizardry
    Dailies,Garrisons have absolutely NOTHING to do with RPG gaming.Those are just more  of Blizzard's cheap way of putting together ideas to keep players coming back.You might as well put tennis courts in the game and have players in Fantasy world playing Tennis,what is the difference neither have anything to do with RPG in that Lore setting.

So how does Wow work,you are in this ancient era,the characters sit around in a pub and think ...hmm what Dungeon can we run oh idk let's check the "Dungeon finder" talk about realistic immersion .../not.How about  let's do a Garrison ,oh wait we need to do our dailies ..lmao ,it is pathetic what Blizzard does for game design and sadly others are copying it.

This is the kind of stuff i will not support,that is why i am currently not playing any mmorpg's they are all nonsense game designs.Also bringing up RECENT ideas are not what Wow was built on,it was built on players soloing 99% of the time until end game.So you can't act like "oh Wow is this great grouping game" when you spent 5 + years soloing 99% of the time before end game.If Wow players wanted grouping so bad,why were they playing Wow then,why did they stick around beyond level 5?

Wouldn't dailies and garrisons be the dream of RPG players? Maybe not for those that do not actually play in an RPG style, but for those who do, having your own garrison would be a dream come true.

I am really not understanding the uproar around garrisons. I spend maybe 15-20 minutes a day to cover my followers quests, open up my boxes, round up my resources, empty my mine and pick my garden, then i am off in to the open world as i normally would be. I spend just as much time in open world and major cities as i used to, but maybe that is just me.

As for other complaints, have said this many times before but you have the option to not use the features that Blizzard has added if you so choose and you can find others who think the same way. If you are can do nothing but sit on the rails and do what you think others expect you to do and not use some imagination and play the game your own way, then you are always going to find it disappointing.

The "World" of Warcraft now consists of your Garrison (which is instanced) and other instances. That's it.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
    Originally posted by JDis25
    The "World" of Warcraft now consists of your Garrison (which is instanced) and other instances. That's it.

Say's who?

I am still out there and meeting others who are fishing, gathering, crafting, achieving, cleaning up old content, levelling, questing, etc, etc.......what has happened to game players these days?

Why are you just standing about in a garrison and instancing other stuff, there is plenty of stuff to do out there if you have the will to explore and discover, but if not, why are you playing at all?

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by Shadoed
    Originally posted by JDis25

Say's who?

I am still out there and meeting others who are fishing, gathering, crafting, achieving, cleaning up old content, levelling, questing, etc, etc.......what has happened to game players these days?

Why are you just standing about in a garrison and instancing other stuff, there is plenty of stuff to do out there if you have the will to explore and discover, but if not, why are you playing at all?

You're easily pleased for someone paying a sub.  Fishing, gathering, crafting, achieving etc - all stuff you could do before WoD and nothing really added to the game aside from Dugeons and Garrison, putting you on the coveyor belt of grind again.  The landmasses that came with WoD are pretty small and boring with little replay value. 

Cleaning up old content - not what I would buy an expac for.

You are making excuses for Blizzard's taking people's money for the full cost of a game with barely the content to justify the name and then a sub to boot.  I can only imagine that a) people cannot see much out there right now to play instead and b) that they have played for too long to be able to leave.

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,048
    Originally posted by mark2123

You're easily pleased for someone paying a sub. 

There we go... mark "I know better than you what's fun for you" again. How dare we mortals like what you dislike?

The landmasses that came with WoD are pretty small and boring with little replay value. 

And this is where you lose all credibility. Draenor is actually slightly bigger than Outlands. Easy to check by riding from left to right and top to bottom in both landmasses with the same speed.

Gonna ask again, but I know it's going to be ignored: can you post a link to your character which has done all the quests and explored the whole continent of Draenor, with all the treasures, done all dungeons and raids? Because otherwise, your credibility is zero anyway, and you sound like those guys saying "That movie really sucks", "Have you seen it?", "Nope, but I know it sucks".

You are making excuses for Blizzard's taking people's money for the full cost of a game with barely the content to justify the name and then a sub to boot.  I can only imagine that a) people cannot see much out there right now to play instead and b) that they have played for too long to be able to leave.

c) people are having fun, because not everyone has to dislike what M. mark "I know better than you what's fun for you" dislikes.

It's sad that you have nothing better to do with your time than to come here, on the WoW forum, to tell people they are wrong to play and enjoy that game.

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

Originally posted by mark2123

You're easily pleased for someone paying a sub.  Fishing, gathering, crafting, achieving etc - all stuff you could do before WoD and nothing really added to the game aside from Dugeons and Garrison, putting you on the coveyor belt of grind again.  The landmasses that came with WoD are pretty small and boring with little replay value. 

Hilarious!

If i didn't enjoy the core aspects of the game i wouldn't play it and who the hell are you to judge what i should or shouldn't enjoy about the game?!?

I have no excuses for anyone, i am pointing out what i do and enjoy about the game and if you had bothered to read any other posts rather than just jumping in on one to try and make some lame ass 'sheep' post to try and run the game down you would also have known that i was extending a point about how people don't have to just play the game on rails, you can play it the way you enjoy playing it. If you had also read any of my previous posts, you would also know that i am an advocate of people leaving the game if they are not enjoying it, makes no sense to continue with something you aren't getting anything from, but i guess that doesn't apply to all....obviously.

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,048

It's the same kind of people who tell others "if you liked that movie, you have bad taste and must be a bit stupid", specially when it's a popular movie... I remember the movie snobs mocking those who enjoyed Avatar for instance.

Jeez, I personally dislike music from all those "RnB" singers (which imho sell more because they show their "sexy" physical attributes than because they are talented), but I would never go on a forum of one of those singers to tell the people who like them that they are wrong and stupid. That's called tolerance, and I believe, maturity too.

That's an attitude I really don't understand... I guess it must have something to do with being anonymous on the net and taking pleasure in annoying others without risk... no self control at all.

It started with the very first post of mark here, the OP of this thread, where he already talks about honeymoon, implying that people are wrong and that they will know it later.

No, my dear mark, we aren't wrong for enjoying what you don't. That's what (thankfully!) makes us different from you. You're welcome to express what you feel is wrong with the game, but you are not welcome to insult us just because we happen to like what you don't.

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• walterpowellwalterpowell Member Posts: 3
    WoW is an MMO staple and cult classic. I seriously doubt this game will ever lose relevance, despite whatever direction the company takes it. Sure, the evolution of the MMO genre from a (forgive me) somewhat-nerdy, niche market, to an exceedingly popular game-type, has watered down a lot of the trademark complexity of these kinds of games - but for an off-and-on player of around eight years, it's still a fun game. I could be wrong; however, I still find myself driven to see how I might improve my character. Furthermore, even when admiring the beauty of the Guild Wars 2 universe in full 2-Way SLI GTX 780 Ti glory, I still find myself longing for the sights and sounds of World of Warcraft. So that's it. My sub renews again next month. I guess I'll just keep grinding along, because, frankly it's the nostalgia and desire to do end game stuff (which I, admittedly, never seem to get around to experiencing) that brings me back. You can still see the passion among the Blizzard dev team (i.e.: the trike mount) in regards to the game, so, I'll stick around until that is gone. Could happen, but old loves die hard, so I doubt it.
  • GavyneGavyne Member UncommonPosts: 116

I've enjoyed WoD expansion.  But now that my chars are maxed and garrisons done, I was hoping to spend rest of my time enjoying PvP & Ashran.  Unfortunately most people that have tried Ashran know how messed up it is, and how it's more of a PvE quest zone than it is a PvP zone.  And PvP balance as a whole this expansion has been a mess, many of my enjoyable classes from last expansion are no longer enjoyable.  So while I feel I got enough enjoyment out of WoD and it was worth the money, it's now slowing down for me, and I don't find the drive to logon as much as say a month ago.

Lately I've been playing GW2 more just because I can get my PvP fix there and play real world PvP.  I'm not sure if patch 6.1 would change how I feel about WoW, unless they can fix Ashran, and give us a new BG or something fun to play in.

Played: EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-LOTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO-BDO
    Waiting For: CU & Vanilla WoW