Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE class action lawsuit settlement, get 450 staion cash.

klagmireklagmire Member UncommonPosts: 95

Got a email from SOE saying a settlement was made. If you had a SOE account before May 15 2011 you may qualify for some reimbursement.

The link to the form Is  WWW.PSNSOESETTLEMENT.COM

It also includes anyone with a PlayStation network or Qriocity  account. Check it out.

Played:SWG(pre NGE/CU sucked)Yep its true, anyone who quit SWG because of the NGE/CU missed out on a much better combat system. DCUO, Fallen Earth, STO, The Secret World. Battlefield series. Planetside 2. Still playing SWG.

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

I keep being spammed with this and reported it. This is far too fishy for me. I looked and a lot of people are saying its spam and likely to get your account stolen or worse, your personal details (credit cards being stolen isn't TOO bad, just call bank and tell them).

But I've blocked these emails from showing, because I was getting 2 or 3 a day and before I blocked it, I had 5 emails in one day.

Obvious scam is obvious.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    This is a total scam. You don't get virtual currency with no real world value from a lawsuit settlement. Good grief.

yeah this. And why would they feel the need to spam someones email 2-3 times a day and up to 5 annoying emails on this? One friend got 7 emails from this scam within a 6 hour period.

Its just a bot company trying to get peoples details and accounts. No way would a legit thing, even if virtual currency was the settlement (highly unlikely) send spam nonstop over and over and over.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    This is a total scam. You don't get virtual currency with no real world value from a lawsuit settlement. Good grief.

No, it isn't a scam.  It is from the hack back in 2011, and essentially, if you had a SOE account with at least 2.00 worth of their currency (200sc) and you never logged into the account again, you can get 2.00 (yay big spending sony) or if you still play you can get 450sc.  If you had a PSN account, you can either get a free game (you can choose from 10 or so different games) or you can get 3 months of PS+.  This has been reported all over the place with news articles all linking to the same place.  Now, some people may also be getting phishing attempts based on this, but the settlement is real and 450sc is an option.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-begins-free-games-compensation-over-2011-psn-/1100-6424840/

Gamespot article about it.  Key bits:

Individual compensation will vary depending in part on what type of account(s) you had at the time. Some of the options, per Sony's official descriptions, include:

• Payment equal to paid wallet balances (if $2 or more) in PSN or SOE accounts that have been inactive since the intrusions.
    • One or more of the following: a free PS3 or PSP game, three free PS3 themes, or a free three-month subscription to PlayStation Plus (once valid claims exceed $10 million, class members will still be eligible for one free month of PlayStation Plus).
    • A free month of Music Unlimited for Qriocity account holders who did not have a PSN account.
    • $4.50 in SOE Station Cash (amounts will be reduced proportionally if valid claims exceed $4 million).
  • klagmireklagmire Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

yeah this. And why would they feel the need to spam someones email 2-3 times a day and up to 5 annoying emails on this? One friend got 7 emails from this scam within a 6 hour period.

Its just a bot company trying to get peoples details and accounts. No way would a legit thing, even if virtual currency was the settlement (highly unlikely) send spam nonstop over and over and over.

Not a scam you guys, I know everyone thinks everything is a scam. I filled out the online claim form and had to log into SOE official website with my SOE account. I even forgot my password and put in a wrong password a few times.

But please feel free not to file a claim so I get the full 450 station cash and its not diluted.

Played:SWG(pre NGE/CU sucked)Yep its true, anyone who quit SWG because of the NGE/CU missed out on a much better combat system. DCUO, Fallen Earth, STO, The Secret World. Battlefield series. Planetside 2. Still playing SWG.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by klagmire

Not a scam you guys, I know everyone thinks everything is a scam. I filled out the online claim form and had to log into SOE official website with my SOE account. I even forgot my password and put in a wrong password a few times.

But please feel free not to file a claim so I get the full 450 station cash and its not diluted.

You should never, ever give your account details to a third party, thats just common sense, if this is real then deal direct with SOE themselves, likewise never click on a link in an email, always type in the address yourself.

Yes it seems like a scam because it probably is.image

Originally posted by Phry

You should never, ever give your account details to a third party, thats just common sense, if this is real then deal direct with SOE themselves, likewise never click on a link in an email, always type in the address yourself.

LOL , yea a scam got my station name and kept telling me my password is wrong till I put in the right password.

You guys on this forum crack me up. Its like you don't read or think about what people are saying at all.

Im just saying hey 450 free station cash for filling out a 5 min form online. If you think its a scam don't doo it.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    For someone that was seriously affected by the hack then they deserve all the compensation for the damages caused that they can get. But for me to be wanting a small slice of the pie just for having an account (450 sc is nothing really) is a waste of time.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

LOL , yea a scam got my station name and kept telling me my password is wrong till I put in the right password.

You guys on this forum crack me up. Its like you don't read or think about what people are saying at all.

Im just saying hey 450 free station cash for filling out a 5 min form online. If you think its a scam don't doo it.

I wouldn't, certainly not for just a couple of dollars worth of SC, is definitely not worth the risk of handing your account details to a third party, nor would i ever advise anyone else to do so, if anything i would deal directly with SOE themselves, and ONLY SOE.image

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

No, it isn't a scam.  It is from the hack back in 2011, and essentially, if you had a SOE account with at least 2.00 worth of their currency (200sc) and you never logged into the account again, you can get 2.00 (yay big spending sony) or if you still play you can get 450sc.  If you had a PSN account, you can either get a free game (you can choose from 10 or so different games) or you can get 3 months of PS+.  This has been reported all over the place with news articles all linking to the same place.  Now, some people may also be getting phishing attempts based on this, but the settlement is real and 450sc is an option.

+1. This is not a scam you crazy naive people. If you are getting spammed with emails, yes that is probably a phishing attempt, but that does not make the actual lawsuit a scam. I have not been spammed at all, I recieved 1 email (just one, not 5 in one day) went through the steps and awaiting my settlement. 

The Settlement is completely real. If you think you are receiving false emails, you can go this website: WWW.PSNSOESETTLEMENT.COM or call 1-877-552-1284 . If you qualify, you will get your settlement, but like any class action, it releases them from any other liability or claims from the hack of April 2011. Now stop all the doom and gloom, geez.

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    *SNIP*

I wouldn't, certainly not for just a couple of dollars worth of SC, is definitely not worth the risk of handing your account details to a third party, nor would i ever advise anyone else to do so, if anything i would deal directly with SOE themselves, and ONLY SOE.image

IMPORTANT: Just so you know, at no time in the process will you EVER give a password to anyone. If you end up on a site asking for a password, then you did not go to the site I linked (the one from the email). All they need is you account name (either PSN Handle, or SOE handle, or whatever Qriosity uses). NO PASSWORDS. You should be smart enough to know never give you password to any third party, and nowhere on the claims forms is there even a place to put in a password. 

Again, this is not a scam. You do not need to log in to your account, And at no time does it ever ask you for a password. 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

I've gotten settlement emails before and this one didn't appear to be a scam.  I got two emails, one telling me about the settlement and one was an update.  They didn't ask for any account information.  Looks legit. 

Now I have been getting emails from Chase Bank telling me my account was suspended for TOS violations.  One email had a 'from' address originating from Russia, the other came from a generic email service.  The from address is listed on a known site of spam email addresses.  The most telling thing is I don't have a Chase Banking account.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489

this is NOT a scam, people who scream "scam" at every possible occassion really don't look very smart.

• Raven322Raven322 Member UncommonPosts: 68

Its ok man, we won't take your 'share' of the station cash. You'
    re actually the one who is winning right now, not us.

You're so lucky.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Actually, SONY did settle like this half 2014. It was in the news and I did have an email from SOE back then as well.

Not sure how legit the site is that OP mentions...

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i got that email too but i ignored it. Sony is offering 10% discount on purchases for PSN users. As for SOE users, something doesnt look right on that psnsoesettlement link so unless Sony provide it from their own SOE website i wont do anything about it.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

The one the OP mentions wants your account and password to add the station cash as they have it piled up from Sony..

Honest they really will.... haha what a joke I deleted that stuff soon as I seen it.

This is a bigger scam than the PPI scams in the UK

Originally posted by MoreOfTheSame

this is NOT a scam, people who scream "scam" at every possible occassion really don't look very smart.

And you are the reason scammers target the masses thanks for that.

Originally posted by Reizla

Actually, SONY did settle like this half 2014. It was in the news and I did have an email from SOE back then as well.

Not sure how legit the site is that OP mentions...

Yeah they did and now people are playing off of it.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

I reported it to SOE because it seems wrong to me. Kinda seems like a phishing scam. Doesn't it seem odd to you that they are using SOE's logo and that the email is coming from email-sonyonline.com? If it was from sony, it would say something like soe.sony.com or sony.com or something along those lines. email-sonyonline.com is NOT one of their email addresses or websites. Look at the sony website.

Besides... 450 station cash is nothing. Even if it's real, it's not worth the effort. 

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

I received the email too.  Be careful following any of the links.  The email header looks very suspect.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

Originally posted by Raven322

Its ok man, we won't take your 'share' of the station cash. You'
    re actually the one who is winning right now, not us.

You're so lucky.

I know, its like someone just handed me 4.50$ for doing pretty much nothing. Well  except filling a online form that took about 5 mins. Just to be safe I changed my station account password, I think that took 3 mins.

Those were some crazy hoops I had to jump through.

• LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385

Do you people not have Google?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/23/psn-class-action-settlement-do-you-qualify

Personally I won't do it only because I couldn't stomach playing any SOE game currently.