Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: New Developer Q&A, Elite Lock Box Sale

BMunchausenBMunchausen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff Posts: 400

Sci-fi MMO Defiance this week tossed some of its community's most pressing questions at the developers (things like "Will the Bay Area zone expand?" and "When will we have more character customization?") and the devs lobbed back some answers. Also, now's the time to stock up on gear before the new jackpot weapon arrives -  Elite Lock Boxes are 50% off until the end of Sunday, January 25.

To take advantage of discounts, check out the in-game store.

To read the entire Dev Q&A, click here.

Comments

• krondinkrondin Member UncommonPosts: 106

I played Defiance from Alpha testing till about 2 months ago.  My Main char is 5800 ego  < thats  100 from game cap currently >  and I am so underwhelmed by everything since release I just couldn't take it anymore and I stopped playing. I see Nothing in this information that could make me want to play it more.

The Chat system has never been really fixed, EVER. Its still almost impossible to talk to someone, unless they are already on your friends list.  Trion has the game Rift with an Excellent chat system, I never understood why they can't put one into defiance.  I enjoyed the game but after being in 2 multi game gaming guilds that both over time left Defiance, and Playing alone mostly, and putting up with other players leaving or grieffing others in instances. I just finally said "I'm done till all this is fixed, Period" .

Lets not even talk about how after almost a year of working to upgrade your weapons, changes were made so new weapons, from a new player baught from a vendor, could be more powerful then your most upgraded weapon with nothing to address the costs or time spent upgrading those weapons.  This wasn't and expansion which should make you upgrade to new stuff, this was supposed to be a fix for a modding problem. 90% of everyone i knew left playing Quit after this fiasco!  Its sad .... I love the SciFi TV show of the same name but got where i can't stand to play the game anymore.

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    Are elite boxes rng boxes?
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by thundercles

It's Trion, of course they are.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by krondin

I played Defiance from Alpha testing till about 2 months ago.  My Main char is 5800 ego  < thats  100 from game cap currently >  and I am so underwhelmed by everything since release I just couldn't take it anymore and I stopped playing. I see Nothing in this information that could make me want to play it more.

The Chat system has never been really fixed, EVER. Its still almost impossible to talk to someone, unless they are already on your friends list.  Trion has the game Rift with an Excellent chat system, I never understood why they can't put one into defiance.  I enjoyed the game but after being in 2 multi game gaming guilds that both over time left Defiance, and Playing alone mostly, and putting up with other players leaving or grieffing others in instances. I just finally said "I'm done till all this is fixed, Period" .

Lets not even talk about how after almost a year of working to upgrade your weapons, changes were made so new weapons, from a new player baught from a vendor, could be more powerful then your most upgraded weapon with nothing to address the costs or time spent upgrading those weapons.  This wasn't and expansion which should make you upgrade to new stuff, this was supposed to be a fix for a modding problem. 90% of everyone i knew left playing Quit after this fiasco!  Its sad .... I love the SciFi TV show of the same name but got where i can't stand to play the game anymore.

This sucks. This same type of situation lead me to leave my beloved Age of Wushu. Not exactly, but after 5 months of me leveling an inner skill, the thing your stat caps are based off of, they introduced new inner skills that took a fraction of the time to level. With the leveling time being so short, people spent cash to level them. Overnight scrubs were unbeatable...

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • LurchUSALurchUSA Member UncommonPosts: 97

Just like the TV series, the shiny has worn off, the "new car smell" is gone. Now all we have is a half baked pile of crud that is now tied to a TV series that will be lucky to see a third season.

Just kill it off already!

• LoganthirLoganthir Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Originally posted by LurchUSA

Just like the TV series, the shiny has worn off, the "new car smell" is gone. Now all we have is a half baked pile of crud that is now tied to a TV series that will be lucky to see a third season.

Just kill it off already!

The third season was confirmed long time ago.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

It is a decent game for a casual player if you never aim for the gear threadmill but rather want something to drop in to every now and then.

That ofc will slowly erode away too as the usernumbers drops and early zones empty of people.

This have been a good conversation

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

I have about 2400-2500 ego. I got bored. I have all teh DLC's and have done all the quests.

Only thing i have is to get better items, and do the same thing over and over and over again which is jump from invasion to invasion (aka arc fall).

Fancy something differant, queue for a dungeon, can take 10 minutes or 10hrs (or may not even get into one). When you do, you can forget about doing any goals/achievements in them, people dont wait, dont help, rush forward and if you fall behind they kick you out of group for not keeping up (even though you said doing a goial/achievement), they have either already done them or not intersted in doing them.

Makes the whole thing pointless. I also have to agree with the chat, its absolutly crap, may as well not be in existance. Worst i have ever seen in an online game for communication. They said they were going to overhaul it but they onlyu tweaked it (supposedly) but it did nothing really noticable to warrant a working chat. Its still pants.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Athisar
    Originally posted by thundercles

It's Trion, of course they are.

trion didnt invent those. They are in almost every mmo out there. But yes, those boxes are indeed nasty little rng cash milkers that my wallet will never pay for. If that is what keeps free mmos up and running they can safely shut down then.