Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

H1Z1 = Bambi Apocalypse

TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

If you like to kill deer then this is the Alpha for you... I for one was hoping for more, oh I dunno, Zombies!   I know this is Alpha and all but you would think that a game that is pretty much centered around the notion of a Zombie Apocalypse would have more Zombies and less bambi...  IJS

Normally in all the movies, games and TV shows people are running AWAY from the Zombies but in this current state of Alpha people are running TOWARDS the zombies because actually being able to kill one is kinda rare... 

Unless ofcourse you pay 5 bucks to SOE and get a Airdrop, I heard they come steam rolling out of the crate that drops then...Hmmmm.....

------------------------------
You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Comments

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    I thought from your thread title you were going to discuss how many clueless players you've killed. Then you started talking about mobs and I was disappointed.
  • NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I've killed ~70 zombies if I had to guess, and 3 deer. I've seen far more zombies, too. But I do agree there need to be more, especially in formerly populated areas. Hell, I'd love to see a section basically walled off with zombies. We need more things like that to keep PVP from being 99% Kill On Sight, and get players to actually attempt to work together.

- Nellus

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189

They are working on zombies as one of their top priorities and apparently they are on easy mode now. https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/556576662817476608

I really hope they fix them soon.  There are also ways to bring more zombies into the game with things like blowing up cars and cutting trees seems to make them spawn.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Try a PvE server there are way more zombies there. Not sure what their intentions are down the road, but this may be on purpose and i'm sure they will get it fine tuned to how both PvP and PvE players like it, but i'll admit at the moment there aren't many zombies on PvP servers.
  • SophusVirSophusVir Member Posts: 44

The current issues I see with the Loot and zombies are this:

• Dayz Mapsize(Mod): 225km
    • Average Dayz Pop(Mod): 50 players

• The current map size of H1Z1: About 64km
    • Current population per server of H1Z1:100-200+ players

If you consider that the dayz map is 225km and the average amount of players on those servers is 50-60 people and you still run into people all the time and find it a bit difficult to find loot then you can expect that on this quarter size map of H1Z1 with about 3-4 times the amount of players to be near impossible.

Finding loot or zombies would be very difficult since there are so many people crammed into a small map and I have heard the respawn timers is set around 30 mins or so between taking an item and new things returning provided no one is within the spawn range of that spot. So rarely will there be spawn spots without players so few things DO respawn and with so many players few zombies are able to gather making even finding zombies difficult.

Personal problems I see so far besides the above:

• Players able to grief on PVE using rabbit traps, tampers, and spiked sticks.
    • Vehicles barely touch a spiked trap, shoot into the air before crashing back down and blowing up immediately.
    • Hydration/Energy is consumed greatly even while not moving at all causing you to constantly have to eat/drink.
    • Basic tool durability, things that are critical to building and getting supplies break way to quick.
  • TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by Braindome
    Try a PvE server there are way more zombies there. Not sure what their intentions are down the road, but this may be on purpose and i'm sure they will get it fine tuned to how both PvP and PvE players like it, but i'll admit at the moment there aren't many zombies on PvP servers.

Did this right after I made that post and let me tell you, its a completely different game...almost..

Logged into a PVE server that was high pop, all three of my other characters were pvp servers Medium pop.

Result:

1.  Saw more people running around

2.  The people I did see where not trying to punch my head in or shoot me a mile away with a rifle

3.  WAY more loot to be had in buildings... Which made no sense since there were WAY more people running around....

4.  More Zombies and the Zombies where coming in waves at some points.. I actually had to run inside a few times while some zombies were giving chase... That never happens on a pvp server...

5.  Wolves are on steroids, got attacked by like 6 of them in 3 hours of playing.

6. I found more loot in 3 hours of playing on a PVE server (Including a AR15 and shotgun) then I found in 2 days of a PVP server....

Bottom line is I don't know what is wrong with PVP servers but they seem to drop 0 loot, which really makes no sense since you die way to often in them from other players....  I think I will be staying on a PVE server for now, PVP servers are just borked atm.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Oh dear this game isn't what I hoped it would be . 
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Try playing the game on a low/medium pop servers the Zombies react a hell of a lot better on those and can be quite a danger in groups.

Still its early on in alpha they will only get harder to deal with.