Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"one of the worst MMOs to come out recently"-Das Tal, Head of Communications

13»

Comments

• BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321

I'm really surprised this was posted lol. Truth of the matter though what he is saying is accurate. Trion really fumbled. I have months of patron status left, tons of credits and tons of gold and couldn't care less about logging in to be honest. It's just not fun to play anymore. I'm most likely going to give all of my stuff to 1 or 2 friends and be done with it all soon enough.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by observer

Here's their full blog post: http://www.das-tal-game.com/post/108625003446/archeage-vs-das-tal

http://massively.joystiq.com/2015/01/20/das-tal-boasts-that-it-will-do-things-better-than-archeage/

Consider the gauntlet thrown down from one sandbox to another. Das Tal Head of Communications David Wells posted a new essay today in which he says that his title will best ArcheAge: "Unfortunately I, like a lot of others, have come to the conclusion that ArcheAge is probably one of the worst MMOs to come out recently -- but the reasons why are not straight forward. I am going to go over the good and bad, as well as shamelessly point out how our game will do things better."

Wells says that ArcheAge stumbled with a messy housing system, bad monetization, cultural differences, hacking, heavy grind, lackluster PvE, no solid PvP, shaky server tech, and a lack of good communication byTrion. He goes on to provide a counterpoint for each these items, explaining how Das Tal will succeed where ArcheAge has failed.

Or, if you're looking for a TL;DR version, "How we do it better: To put it simply, we give a s**t."

Wow.  This guy has guts.  It's unprofessional to blast other devs like this.  I also disagree with him.  Archeage wasn't that bad.

He kinda remind me of Barnett before the launch of WAR. For you who don't remember was he sure WAR would take most of WoWs players and become the next big thing.

Being cocky is fine as long as you can back it up though, let's see if he can walk the walk....

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

I'm not bothered by the critiques, I'm disappointed that the other game attached to the person who made the comments doesn't provide a quality alternative.  The article reads like "Archeage is messy, Das Tal will be better" IMO.

"Okay you got me. I'm interested", then I look at the actual game and I'm like:

"You need to work on your passing" -D. League player to Carmelo Anthony

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • GabiruGabiru Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Originally posted by Foomerang

The core design by Jake Song is incredible. It's what I feel in love with many years ago when AA first appeared. But the port by Trion, the horrible implementation of the cash shop, and the unchecked land finished by bots basically ruined a brilliant game by a brilliant designer.

Agree 100%

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    It's always weird when people say that a game was designed great - except for all of the horrible design of course.