Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

B2P and P2P Theory

bamstbamst Member UncommonPosts: 3
This is just my opinion you people on this website will tear me apart but whatever. I fully believe after the shitty move ESO pulled off that Switching from P2P to B2P should be considered an actual option. The company raises enough money to push out further updates and switches to B2P but rewards the subs in some way. lets be real there will never be another game that will be able to last as long as WOW or ARR.  I'd rather root for a company thats honest unlike Eso doing sneaky moves to fund their xbox release. These companies go dark then all the sudden announce oh were going to go F2P and implement a cash shop.  Random thoughts i had to get out let me know what you think. 

Comments

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623

payment model doesn't really matter in the long run....its all about how the game is designed. ESO's design(as well as plans to move to xbox) is much more suited towards a B2P model....in fact it wouldn't suprise me in the least to find out that the suits changed the model at the last second right before initial release.

also its not really lying they are just doing whats most profitable. the fact is that the payment model itself wont have any kind of negative impact on the development process(if anything it gives them the option to hire more people with the secondary game launches)...whats gonna make this plan of theirs sink or float is how aggressive the DLC and cash shop are handled and whats they plan on giving as far as free updates.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I would agree.  The model doesn't really matter to me as long as I have fun playing the game.  Even if they used, and or, are using pc players as beta testers for the consoles, it wouldn't matter to me.  I left because low priority to fix bugs and now I see why they did it.  PC users appear to be low priority in general.  So phasing and grouping are not a high priority for them.  Just Updates and getting ready for the next big thing, consoles and cash shopping.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Originally posted by bamst
     lets be real there will never be another game that will be able to last as long as WOW or ARR.

I don't understand. ARR started and folded, died. Started again, has been going for about 2.5 years. EQ, still to this day, has people who pay monthly sub 15 years later, and I think UO, too. How about, since you're talking about subs, "there will never be another game that will be able to last as long as EQ or UO", although that might be wrong too, because WoW might....

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    It's releasing on ps4 too, not just xb1, I love all the Microsoft haters, you guys cracking me up. You do realize competition is a good thing? Xb1 will dig in deeper with Windows 10 and the holographic headset. Blame eso b2p on Xbox lol, you're killing me man.
  • bamstbamst Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Your post makes zero sense didn't know it was releasing on PS4 congrats i was just throwing that in their. lol relax get off your high horse
  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Originally posted by bamst

Your post makes zero sense didn't know it was releasing on PS4 congrats i was just throwing that in their. lol relax get off your high horse

If you didn't know then it's all good, I just read it as typical anti Microsoft propaganda, for instance if you were happy about what happened but wanted to prop up anything non Microsoft, you might have worded it "thanks to eso ps4 release eso will be going b2p" that sort of skewing the reality happens a lot.

/

The reality is that yes consoles probably have something to do with this. But it's not the console, it's the console culture, they just want to pay one time, they expect a bug free quality experience, and anything less will result in the resell of the games. That's one thing keeping accountants from running games versus development teams that actually love gaming and want it to push the limits of technology while maintaining quality. The pc culture on the other hand has no governing body, only the deep pockets of whales, a whale may be a large creature, but they sure do have small brains.