Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is it nowadays?

RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200

I played Fallen Earth in closed beta and immediately after the launch. I stayed around maybe 3-5 months skilling my crafter character but I'm not sure why I decided to leave. Maybe it was the clunkiness of the combat or something else. I have thought about the game lately and would like to know how the game is in general before downloading and installing it.

How healthy is the population? The game is free now so is there "in-your-face-store" in game like in LotRO or is it hidden? Is the combat still clunky especially in melee? If I recall it NPCs warped around as well sometimes. Have they fixed them yet? Anything else I should know after my long absence?

Comments

• APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543

So I got to play fallen earth for 17 hours a few months ago and my overall impressions of the game weren't that good. The game just feels too outdated... However if you can get by all that I'd say this game is worth checking out.

The world is huge and almost everything can be crafted. Players can make their own farms and even create entire towns. PVP from what it looks like is non solo friendly and filled with aim bots. It looks like a complete mess of everyone running around side to side shooting each other while they heal themselves constantly. 

The community is decent, but higher lvl pvp players are very rude and hateful towards one another. This is alright so long as your in a large clan, with people to back you up. 

Pve is run of the mill questing and AI is as typical as any other MMO. As a free player you still have a lot of freedom with what you can do, but everything is just soo slow... Crafting takes a while to do and you can only do a few at a time. 

A few things I really like about this game is the atmosphere. It really feels post apocalyptic like fallout. The customization when it comes to weapons, cars, armor, etc is top notch and interesting. I love the horse to car system, where you have to feed your horse or pump gas into your car if you want them to work. Crafting bullets before you get into a fight. It all adds to the immersion.

I will not continue playing it though. I'd rather play Firefall or Defiance instead. However, if gamersfirst decides to create a Fallen earth 2 I would jump on that in a heartbeat. I'd wait for The Repopulation to come out if you want something similar but a lot more up to date. 

• RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Thanks for taking your time to give some information. I remembered something about skilling and AP. I think I got burnt out when you had to do all (or almost all) of the quests to get enough AP to be viable. And the quests were quite dull. Have they changed that yet?

I wasn't around when the game first came out, so I don't know if anything major changed. The AP system, if you can understand it is good enough I guess. You can spec into anything you want and make a jack of all trades character but master of none, or master a few skills.

I recommend maxing out crafting first then combat so you can make a lot of money to give to an alt that focuses mainly on combat. The AP system right off the bat is confusing and doesn't explain enough. I could see people making a lot of mistakes on which AP points should go where without a how to guide. You can re-spec but that'll cost real money or a hell of a lot of in-game money. 

For you, just try it out. Its free and its on Steam. Its different then any other MMO out right now. The starter area people are pretty helpful and there are always people looking to recruit others. 

• HarkChaosHarkChaos Member Posts: 1
    How is it? Bad.  Hackers, bugs, glitches, lazy gm's, and few ppl playing. Would u play a game  that delets ya stuff for no reason and maybe, maybe, not give it back. They say they will return yer stuff... they even had a serves called lost n found to do it for them insted of fix the problem..now theres no lost n found. They also go the extreams to silence anything ppl say thats wrong about the game. Dont take my word for it tho just ask on there fb page and any one who has lest got past lvl 15.  Dont be surprised if u cant comment on there page if any one left telling the truth can post.

I also never read the fine print of license agreements whenever I sign up for something. Same thing could probably be said for everyone. If that agreement says they have the right to remove your negative posts, then they have a right to remove it. It's their game.

As far as hackers go, they exist everywhere. There is no 100%. Just look at Call of duty. Till this day people are using aim bots on the Pc version. Some people use aim bots in this game, but Gamers first are finding them and removing them from the game. I don’t know about the lost and found server you mentioned. When you die you don’t lose your stuff. 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Do noobs still ask where the axe is?
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • deadmanbelldeadmanbell Member UncommonPosts: 69

Can anyone point me toward information about what the devs have planed for the future of this game? Curious about what they might add, state of the game etc. I wasn't able to find anything on the main webpage but might not be looking in the right place. 

Thanks 

• Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by justmemyselfandi

I think this thread pretty much shows the future of the game quite nicely.

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/375919-the-server-is-horrible-today/

Save yourself the trouble and just pass this game by. It's done.

Thanks, saved me some time.